Tree of Savior Forum

True open-world is something you can't fake

FFS You’re the one who keeps saying RO this RO that. I compared the game with other successful MMORPG but your counter statement was irrelevant. dont you get it? We want variety of quest not a repetitive one. And about grinding that one is also a problem here and i dont need to explain why it is a problem just read the post about it on the forum

Because I’m not trying to compare this game to WoW every 5 minutes.
You can even give good feedback usong RO like someone said above:
“the lack of open world is disappointing, people played RO for years because you didn’t have a path to follow” (even though I bet anyone who wants open world quickly quits open world games, like archeage, also RO was also just pseudo-open because after you knew where to level you would explore once and never more)

bad would be:
“the devs made ro, so they need to make something better than ro or id rather play ro”
or
“make bosses like RO”

See my point?

I’m telling you to stop comparing this game to RO because it is not, and even the devs said they have nothing to do with RO.

grinding is too hard
questing is too easy
geez man

Also, I just said that this is not RO and even the devs said so, you were fhe one who said “spiritual something” and “the art looks like so that’s enough”

grinding is broken its not easy nor hard.
Grinding and questing are suppose to be balance if you dont get what im saying then I give up… Thick Headed

dude whats wrong with u. give it a rest. go to sleep or sumthing,

I think the biggest concern here is simply how quests are handled in ToS. Players don’t like be forced into this single chain of events over and over again every time they make a fresh toon. They want to do quests IF they choose to. ToS makes it feel like you’re on one single track from the beginning of the game and confines you by placing maps with much higher monsters right next to you, which discourages you from exploring beyond what they want you to. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing to do for managing new players, but it might be too long/too continuous for players.

GW2 deals with this issue by giving players the ability to slightly alter the storyline with choices. And I don’t know enough about other big MMOs with main storylines and how they deal with the issue of feeling too much like single player RPG.

Let’s look at Runescape and how they manage their questing system (I’m not sure how much has changed since when I played it). Every quest had to be discovered by the player, you might get a hint of where the quest starts, but it isn’t given to you on a platter.

What I think players are looking for is to have a lot of optional quests that are well thought out, but aren’t forced down your throat. Now I don’t think ToS can change what they have, but they can add in additional content (side-quests, dungeons? i haven’t progressed far enough in the game to know) that diversifies what they currently have.

i agree thats the main issue…plus others. This guy said it all. so it seems a lot of people are having issues with the linear system not only us.

2 Likes

there are a lot of linearity system threads here. I have read more than 20 of them. If IMC wasnt alarmed by these kind of threads and wont do something about it the game will go down and I hate to see that happen

2 Likes

Because you 100% could take Raydrics head-on at level 50.

The devs don’t want us to compare ToS and Ragnarok?

First, The characters art styles are very obviously the next evolution of Ragnaroks sprites.
Second, They use sound bytes that go all the way back to Ragnaroks first Cbeta.
Third, whoever made the soundtrack did a 10/10 job making it sound like the next generation of ragnarok music.

The proof is in the look, feel and sound of the game. This is Ragnarok 2 and it is doing an excellent job making me feel like that is so. If the comparison makes you uncomfortable for some reason then just learn to live with it. What the “ex-RO” community is trying to explain to the devs is that Ragnarok is the best MMORPG for some very specific reasons and ToS will never surpass that if they keep pandering to what MMOs have been giving people since early 2000. Im sure we are just dancing around some legal issue with this game being a Ragnarok sequel so as the community we can say what we want and the devs can deny it, but that shouldn’t stop them from taking their player base’ advice. Especially the NA ones /pif

RO is still alive you know?

Fun part is that they don’t, since korean beta is ahead of us by miles and even going into open beta soon, they don’t need our feedback since mostly, if not all, things have been dealt already.

The rest is just this game not being RO.

You keep saying that to people but I don’t see your reasoning. Since the dawn of MMOs people have given their feedback on how to improve the game. We as a community (ex-RO or not)have seen a few problems with the game that we want to talk about and possibly make some community advisers aware.

You clearly are just trying to agitate people and start arguments because you fail to see the flaws in your logic about games like WoW and Guild wars 2. People always want something BETTER, this isn’t about making Ragnarok 2, its about making ToS better from here on out.

You also try to say “this game is not RO” in most of your posts which proves you are just trying to spark people in to arguing with you. I find this sad. Many of us have given you logical reasoning and I myself have shown my opinion on why comparing the game is a no brainer, but does not matter in regards to what we are proposing for ToS.

Also, you mentioned you don’t like ToS but you seem to be keeping a special eye on this thread. Just a thought.

Just a post outside of replies.

I want to say that ToS IS still in closed beta and some developers are able to expand and polish their games by the end of closed beta. I think ToS could easily polish this game up and make something that a lot of people will want to try. I also enjoy talking with the community about what we think. If ToS doesn’t end up the way anyone wants, they will all find something better to spend with their free-time. But for now, we can still discuss the game and have fun until we are proven otherwise.

Because this game is still really fun and really beautiful. I personally feel the leveling curve will be greatly improved by release.

Because my idea of making this game good, is creating this game from it’s own standards and niches, it’s own base. Your idea is using elements that made RO good to make this game good. Basically copying and creating a RO2.

That’s not wanting a new, cool game, that’s just wanting a RO2.

See this thread for exemple:

He could give a nice feedback, about this game, without even mentining RO, or at least, leaving it exposed.
He played this game for what this game is, Tree of Savior, not “spiritual meme of ragnarok”.

It’s unfair to say that “pandering to what MMOs have been giving to people” when you want this game to pander to RO players. You say this game should use RO elements that made it successful, but why can’t it use elements that made, like, WoW successful? WoW was also really successful as far as I know.

What if someone like this quest-linear based gameplay? What if someone doesn’t like the massive wall of grind?
RO is still alive, but it’s not as successful as it was years ago because the players change and they had to change too, and I bet half of this forum wouldn’t put half of their time here that they put on RO.

Linearity is something i actually forgot, but after trying to level some other toons the simple thoughts of doing the same path over and over again didn’t strike me as something i’d enjoy doing (good thing is that i never do alts in MMO for release but still). And yeah the maps are corridor, it’s kinda lame, sometimes i feel i could jump down ledges to travel faster but nop, invisible wall prevents to do so.
It’s probably why i’d skip any further beta outside of open beta with character being saved for the full release.

We have our right to like what we like lol. You may like the linear-based gameplay but we like the more freedom-oriented gameplay, is that such a big problem? These people are merely voicing their opinions, nothing makes your opinion more valuable than theirs. Besides, if you can compare this game to games such as WoW, why can’t we compare ToS with RO? So you’re trying to create a game from it’s own standards and niches but you yourself is comparing it to WoW. So are you trying to create a WoW 2? According to your logic, you might as well go back to WoW. Well since, you know, WoW is still alive and kicking.

1 Like

I am not, and never did. In fact, I have never played WoW in my life.

So instead of using RO, you suggested to use elements of WoW. Therefore, you are trying to make a WoW 2 according to your logic. Why can’t you see your own contradiction? You tell us not to take elements of RO but you yourself are trying to take elements from WoW, the heck?

No? Did you not understand? That was not even implyed, where did you take that from?
I was asking why this game should not pander to other games but should pander to ragnarok?

I used WoW as an exemple because it was used in the post before, it wasn’t me who brought WoW to the topic. I have never, and you can look it up, never used another game to compare this game to.

Okay I understand now. But, if ToS is not pandering to RO, then it is pandering to other games. Why? Because the linear-based gameplay is used by all the other games. We are not trying to compare it with RO because we want it to become RO. We are comparing it because we are afraid that ToS will follow the typical linear-based gameplay that many thousands of other games have followed. So tell me, why should I encourage IMC to follow a model that thousands of MMOs have used and failed? (namely the WoW clones)

2 Likes

It’s not RO everyone can figure that out, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t take good ideas from RO to ToS. The fact of the matter is ToS currently is too linear and people are grasping for ideas from what seems to be the most similar game from ToS which is RO.

1 Like