Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior CBT 2 Survey

Hello.
We are IMCGAMES TOS Team.

Thank you for participating in the second Tree of Savior English ver. CBT.
We would like to conduct a survey for your feedback for the CBT 2.
The survey results will serve as a valuable asset and reference for future developments of Tree of Savior.
There are many things that have been added or changed since the last CBT and we would love to get your thoughts and opinions on them as well as your overall TOS experiences.

Thank you for your love and support :smile:

[Open Survey for Tree of Savior CBT 2]

-Survey Period : Dec 10, 2015 ~ Dec 17, 2015
-The survey is composed of 36 questions and it will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

The survey link: http://goo.gl/forms/GlW6Gxb2N0

17 Likes

The choice to the survey’s question is limited. I hope you add more option to it.

For example:
How would you rate the overall combat difficulty?
It’s definitely not difficult, too easy, or well adjusted. It just seems unbalanced to me.

What do think about the current version of Tree of Savior which emphasizes on normal attacks?
It’s well adjusted for some character, and not for other class. I like a game with balanced adjustment between skill and normal attack, but this game isn’t well adjusted.

If you ever felt mouse mode was uncomfortable, when did you especially feel this way?
This question should be checkbox.

Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?
I didn’t attach the monster gem because there is no useful one for me (not effective).

5 Likes

number 5!!!

number 5 need more love

thank you

edit : also, can i pick them all at number 26 :smiley:

IMC why not just put the survey on your own website or on the forums? You could make a topic for each question allowing open discussion as well as a polled view to help you. Also you must realize not everyone has a google account. I’m not gonna make an account to be able to answer your questions even though I’d like to be able to answer them for you.

some questions lack in multiple choice options…
and it whould be cool to have like 1 additional line to each question to write some short statements.

but well… cant help it.
survey done.

1 Like

Exactly that.
Also controller and mouse input needs some customisation, xml files don’t help.
There are lots of different controllers which has different keycodes, yet shifts, etc are hardcoded.
The general idea of binding every possible action (move, attack, target lock, talk to npc, whatever) on single button is outrageous. And it’s hardcoded too.

Also the biggest problem (the 28th question), which is balance, isn’t even listed.

once i got to the end i picked unsatisfactory just to write down all my gripes lol, but overall i found it to be a nice experience.

As it was said above: an ability to add your own answer would have been much better.

it’s hard to answer with multiple choices when your choice isn’t there or is a mix of more than 1 option…

take this as an example 5. What do think about the current version of Tree of Savior which emphasizes on normal attacks?

( )The balance between normal attacks and skills is well adjusted.

( ) I want to use skills more often.

( ) I like games that put the emphasis on normal attacks.

I laugh at the question and first option after been a wizard and I cant say I want skills more often cause not all skills should be fast given (that would kill the use of brain)…

I think this question is more subjective than objective :\

To Be Continued…

Yeah, as a wizard this question immediately baffled me. Because as a wizard I think I’m using my spells way too less, while archer is using their skill way too often.

1 Like

This :
28. What was the biggest problem in the second CBT?

lol, hard to decide what’s the biggest between all those killer bugs… :smile:

Hiya all,

if the answer options to the survey questions seem insufficient please leave a comment on this thread with the question numbers and your preferred answer.

e.g.

6 How would you rate the overall combat difficulty?

A - At first, it was quite fun and easy but most of my archer’s skills became useless later on.

Thanks for your participation!

3 Likes

:blush:

16- Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?

E- I did not attach any Monster Gem, because I didn’t have the skills the gem levels up.

25- Do you think the current gameplay is too simple?

A- I think it’s simple and I like it that way

26- What did you like the most about Tree of Savior?

ABCDEFG… it should be multiple choices.

2 Likes

You got it right, why do you even need a survey? :joy:

8 Likes

Also please consider replacing psychokino male psychic pressure sound effect, it’s too lewd.

I had a hunter character, and most of companion questions dont make any sense aside from one with poor AI answer option (and then you offer “Good Ai” answer in another). And our companion system was too simplified/butchered from Korean version that they were useless for everything but using on alt characters…

Now this one is a troll question.

this one lacks “I dont like games emphasizing on normal attacks, they make game bland.”

Monster Gem question is plainly wrong, because for some classes they are meh at most while for others 1 lvl in skill can make great difference.

About normal gems it again depends on class you were playing: melees and archers got plenty of options for their gems (mainly atk/crit atk/crit rate) while casters have no other option than socketing blue gem into weapon and everything else is useless.

Good (except bugs) but market system lack some filters
(wrote a suggestion here : Market Place (Auction House) suggestions)

It’s really nice to play with gamepad but targetting system could be improved
(wrote a suggestion here : Gamepad Targetting Feedback and Suggestions)

[quote] 16.Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?
[/quote]
Felt only some were usefull (joint penalty gem), else it was better using those to upgrade normal gems.

Didn’t do much for me, but I think we could definitelly need some kind of matchmaking for dungeons… (it was mostly done manually in “Shout” chat or in front of dungeon)

IMO boss could do with some more “world of warcraft” style, phases, big deadly attacks but telegraphed, etc. (more time to react, more punition if not doing what you should)

Sorry for the long post, kinda wrote my feedback in it too.
Thanks a lot for CBT2 IMC, can’t wait for OBT!

A lot of items had insignificant stat bonuses.

1. Have you experienced lags that disturbed your game play?

Within the first couple of weeks, it was pretty bad. But it improved over time, and by the last few weeks, the lag was virtually nonexistent.

1-2) If you experienced lags, which type of internet connection do you use?

I think it’s ADSL, but I’m not 100% certain. There should be an “I don’t know” option here.

1. Were the damages, various debuffs and etc properly displayed during combats?

They did not always display correctly, but this did not dramatically affect my ability to play the game.

The most common issue I had with this one was that every now and then, my Blessing buff would not display in the upper-left corner, even though the buff was clearly active as demonstrated by the “Blessing +150” text showing up on my targets as I attacked them. Whenever this would happen, it would continue to fail to appear, even after refreshing the buff, up until I would leave the zone or change channels.

1. Do you feel that the tutorials and UI’s provide enough explanations on the game?

I was forced to choose the “There were not enough explanations” option, but it’s not so much that there weren’t enough explanations as it was that the ones that were there weren’t always sufficient. For example, I did not understand the tutorial on using gems, and because of this, when I first attempted to put gems into my gear, I accidentally ended up feeding half of my gear to a gem, destroying my chest, pants, and gloves in the process. Kind of funny in hindsight, actually. lol.

1. What do you think about our decision to hide the sub-quests?

What’s a sub-quest? I’m assuming that this is what I’ve been calling “secret quests,” but I don’t know for sure.

11-1) If you ever felt mouse mode was uncomfortable, when did you especially feel this way?

There were many NPCs and various interactables which could not be utilized via mouse mode, forcing me to switch into keyboard mode to use them, and then switch back into mouse mode afterwards.

1. How would you rate the Market System?

My only complaint about the market is that I would like to see some kind of filtering option. Perhaps a button off to the right side on each entry that will remove all instances of that particular item from the search results. This isn’t essential, of course, but it would be nice.

1. Did the Party Matching System help you in your party plays?

It was more of an annoyance than anything else, really. Popping up randomly every now and then to lower my already abysmal fps at the worst times. lol.

1. Did you have fun playing Card Battles?

Flipping a coin arbitrarily is not my idea of fun. lol.

22-1) If you did not use Companions in the game, what are the reasons?

The only thing they ever did was get in the way of trying to click on mobs or move.

1. What did you find most uncomfortable about Companions?

The fact that they just kept getting in the way.

1. What did you like the most about Tree of Savior?

This question should let us choose more than one answer. I would have chosen pretty much every available answer for it. lol.

1. Which contents or features were detrimental to the overall quality of the game?

Lack of ability to customize the controls beyond predefined setups. Megaphones being too easily attainable, resulting in a vitriolic shout chat more often than not, although I don’t have any bright ideas about what to do in regards to that. And the chat filter…

1. What was the biggest problem in the second CBT?

The horrible, horrible, horrible chat filter. Not being able to use words like class, glass, grass, button, title, accumulate, or circumstance is extremely problematic. Also, words like damn, ass, or butt are not really “bad” words anymore these days, and ought to be able to be spoken freely. That being said, I think the entire filter should either be done away with entirely or have an option provided to turn it off. Chat filters exist for the sake of children, but this game is rated T (at least I’m pretty sure it’s rated T), and so children should not be on this game to begin with. There’s no sense in protecting the children who aren’t here, and it’s patronizing to be treated like children.

I regret that I completely forgot to mention the chat filter in the report box at the bottom of the survey, so here it is in this thread instead.

I would also just like to add (and I forgot to mention this in the report box at the bottom of the survey as well) that there was nothing in the game that provided any tension or any “oh, sht! Oh, sht! Oh, sh*t!” moments even once throughout the entire game. I’m talking about the kind of tension that would be caused by an MVP mob being right around the corner in RO, for example. I never once felt like I might be in any actual danger or that there were any actual threats to be found. It was time consuming because I was full support, but it was a cakewalk. Even the bosses were kind of a joke in that respect. The bosses were a little intimidating at first, but after it quickly became apparent that they were nothing to be feared, they lost any and all tension which they might have otherwise provided.

3 Likes

2: How did the lags affect your game play?
A: Not being able to tell if you picked up items, or if you were able to talk to an NPC due to server stress was the most frustrating.

4: Did you use Real Time Translation to modify the texts in the game?
A: I tried to, but it seems that the key combination to activate it wasn’t working.

5: What do think about the current version of Tree of Savior which emphasizes on normal attacks?
A: I’m not too sure how to answer this question. When I played the Wizard tree I only used auto attacks when my skills were on cooldown, when I played the Swordsman tree I never used auto attacks. The balance for auto attacks vs skills on Wizard seem to be correct, you use them to give you additional DPS while you skills are on cooldown, whereas on Swordsman, for the most part, you never need to use auto attacks.

6: How would you rate the overall combat difficulty?
A: A lot of areas didn’t feel very challenging. In the various dungeons there was always action and it always felt like you were on the verge of being killed by a pack of dangerous monsters (assuming the single channel wasn’t full) but in fields it was as if nothing was going on. Luckily this is going to be fixed in the OBT where ★★★ field areas have aggressive mobs.

At the same time a lot of the classes need work. Pyromancer C1 is very balanced, but Psychokino C1 and Elementalist C1 are very unbalanced. Pretty much all of the offensive Swordsman tree needs to be looked at and adjusted. I didn’t play Archer but heard they weren’t too balanced. Going back and looking at the balance of each class in their specific level range needs to be done.

11: What do you think about mouse controls?
A: It’s really awkward to talk to NPCs with mouse controls, and some wouldn’t even talk to you at all. Other than that they were great.

12: How would you rate the Market System?
A: “There are too many results so we can’t show you the item(s) that you’re searching for” or something like that was an error I ran into a lot. Giving an option to search exact terms vs containing terms would be nice. It always took forever to search through all the various Spontoon items. Also making another button to scroll through each individual page or to scroll to the next set of pages would be nice. A lot of times I’d use the arrows to just go through the pages when there were a short list of pages, but when that list of pages hit 46+ the arrow then skipped to that 46th page instead of going to the next page. Having a button for single page scrolling and for mass page scrolling would benefit the market greatly. Other than those it was pleasant to use.

15: Have you enhanced a Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the enhanced Gems?
A: Because of the way the damage formulas work this doesn’t really seem viable in the endgame. Either Gems need to give more per level up, or they need to give stats based on the level of equipment they are attached to.

16: Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?
A: I received a few Monster Gems, but none that were useful for the class tree that I had selected. I kinda wish these were tradeable because of that.

26: What did you like the most about Tree of Savior?
A: The music is amazing, the graphics are really well done, I love the concept of the class system, the quests were interesting in most cases, the combat is a little dry for some trees. Overall I really love the game and can’t choose just one.

I also pretty much agree with most of what Tor_Heyerdal said.

1 Like