Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior CBT 2 Survey

11. What do you think about mouse controls?

i feel like this needs a full detailed response so here goes.

• pathing
    you often find yourself unable to manuever or move into corners and tight areas, the character will almost avoid the wall and not hug it when you click out of bounds from the terrain, characters should move to the edge to hug the wall when you extend your clicking range, you guys should refer to arpg games like diablo, poe or even LoL for pathing with mouse + keyboard controls

• remove homogenisation for left click
    what i mean by this is that the left click is used for everything, interacting with npcs, moving, auto attacks and other things, add key bindings which let us split between each function and dont jam it into one button, this causes endless frustration mostly with things like pets, npc’s and click able objects getting in the way of movement commands, the left click should be assigned to attack and move, and you should be able to disable the attack function to just make it a move function.
    the interact button should be left for the player to decide, via custom hotkey.

• hold functionality
    also known as Shift Click, you should be able to attack the ground, by holding shift and clicking or pressing the auto attack button, this makes playing with ranged characters much easier as you dont have to manualy aim when fighting large packs of monsters, melee characters also benefit by being able to control when to stop after a movement comand, and being able to aim their attacks with more precision when fighting monsters with big hitboxes

• move to target
    this sounds kinda vague but let me explain, auto attacks will move you towards a target and make you attack, but after you attack your character no longer pursues its target if it runs away, make the targeting locked on until you override it with another command

• option to individualise auto attacks
    this is more like an icing on top suggestion, but anyway, auto attacking currently make you lock on and continuously auto attack the target after only clicking once, tbh its not that big of a deal but it ends up becoming annoying if your lagging, since your character will not stop atuo attacking a monster, give us an option to make one click only attack once, so we need to keep clicking on the target to keep hitting it.

most of these features are already pre existing in the diablo style arpg games, so i dont see why you guys could use them as a better foundation for the mouse + keyboard controls, don’t get me wrong though, the mouse controls are pretty solid, especially for archers, but it needs more polish to really make it something worth using and learning as an alternate to full keyboard or joystick

TL:DR
make the mouse + keyboard controls more like diablo style games, its out there and its working, so use it to make ToS mouse controls better

1 Like

1 Have you experienced lags that disturbed your game play?

A few variations:
Game stuck in loading screen.
Items/NPC have delayed reaction to me interacting with them (like trying to pick up an item on the ground and it doesn’t happen until 30s later)
Get attacked by things not near me due to lag.

5 What do think about the current version of Tree of Savior which emphasizes on normal attacks?
Didn’t feel like it emphasizes normal attacks that much, but admittedly my class choices made me not rely on them.
Highlander c3 I had 7 AoE attacks to use (2 charges of cartar/cross cut/sky liner and moulinet) and just gathering 3-4 mobs to AoE them in rotation is usually enough to let me never auto-attack.
Pyro 2-Sorc-Necro - As Pyro my auto-atack is again only for gathering monster into flame ground, once I hit Sorc/Necro I have things to kill other things for me.
Archer3-Scout - This one is me going “I wonder how strong I can twink something”, +100% enhanced Oblique with +15 Seeker (and +50% enhance on everything else) so it’s not exactly a good example…Flare Shot is really lacking though :< Also why does Cloaking cancels on jumping? It makes trying to sneak around certain area really annoying (like the ramp up in lv 90 dungeon, since there’s a part you must jump over)

6 How would you rate the overall combat difficulty?
Monsters are usually on the too easy side, then there’s those with high HP and damage AND range magic attack to really make everyone hate them. Would be nice to see some fat enemies with weak damage (waste more or your time) or super squishy enemy that if you leave alone will destroy you.

7 Were the damages, various debuffs and etc properly displayed during combats?
The debuff text is a bit hard to see, but certain visual/sound are good tells of what’s hit you (like burning’s effect)

12 How would you rate the Market System?
On the positive side, but could use more precise searching (certain item like Mace are impossible to search due to having such common name, even if you limited the search to just within its level range)

14 How was the Item Crafting system?
Overall happy, but a way to disable the reminder of what an item is used for would be nice, after the 100th time the Wizard Blade recipe shows up is get annoying.

16 Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?
Between the rare drop rate + class limitation + only +1 to the skill at most, a part of me wish it’d just be a collection instead (gather all of a class’s gem and you get +1 to all skill of that class, the collection is given at class change so you know what to hunt)

20 Were you satisfied when upgrading your equipment? (including enhancements)
1-10 it’s good, 11+ seem to be basically luxury since the risk vs gain is not very good

24 What did you find most uncomfortable about Companions?
That there’s only combat companions, no vanity/mount-only ones.
And the ones in iCBT were…well…ugly

25 Do you think the current gameplay is too simple?
It’s simple, but that’s just fine.

they need to increase the duration of blessing:smiley:

1 Like

10: What do you think about character’s movement and attack speeds?

Did you play swordman, a mounted class, chronomancer 2 or bokor 2~3 ? They were satisfactory.
Did you play anything beside what was mentionned above ? Overall speed was slow and uncomfortable.
Did you play both ? I am not sure.

26: What did you like the most about Tree of Savior ?

BGM #1

Because others great aspects of the game are ruined by bad designs.

If classes were more balanced I would have choosen class diversity #1.
If combat was more dynamic I would have choosen it even over class diversity.

1 Like

> " 28) What was the biggest problem in the second CBT?
> The horrible, horrible, horrible chat filter. Not being able to use words like class, glass, grass, button, title, accumulate, or circumstance is extremely problematic. Also, words like damn, ass, or butt are not really “bad” words anymore these days, and ought to be able to be spoken freely. That being said, I think the entire filter should either be done away with entirely or have an option provided to turn it off. Chat filters exist for the sake of children, but this game is rated T (at least I’m pretty sure it’s rated T), and so children should not be on this game to begin with. There’s no sense in protecting the children who aren’t here, and it’s patronizing to be treated like children.

> I regret that I completely forgot to mention the chat filter in the report box at the bottom of the survey, so here it is in this thread instead.

> I would also just like to add (and I forgot to mention this in the report box at the bottom of the survey as well) that there was nothing in the game that provided any tension or any “oh, sht! Oh, sht! Oh, sh*t!” moments even once throughout the entire game. I’m talking about the kind of tension that would be caused by an MVP mob being right around the corner in RO, for example. I never once felt like I might be in any actual danger or that there were any actual threats to be found. It was time consuming because I was full support, but it was a cakewalk. Even the bosses were kind of a joke in that respect. The bosses were a little intimidating at first, but after it quickly became apparent that they were nothing to be feared, they lost any and all tension which they might have otherwise provided. "

100% TRUE. the best comment ever.

5 Likes

Didn’t find anything like 1Gbps optical fibre connection in the list, so had to answer Other. In any case these lags clearly wasn’t caused by type of internet connection people used, more like general stability of server, amount of players during peak hours, and physical distance to server.

Been waiting for this… time to unleash my… :smirk:
EDIT:

1. What was the biggest problem in the second CBT?
    [ ]Broken IPF
    [ ] Bullet Hell Boss Crash
    [ ] Market
    [ ] Friends List
    [ ] Party
    [ ] Exploits
    [ ]Others

There should be an option to choose more than one

2 Likes

Sent it in although as others have said, plenty of these questions did not provide sufficient answers. Wrote tons in the comment box as well. Additions to questions below:

1. Damages, debuffs displayed properly?
    -Damage could be hard to see at times as far as which numbers belong to who as they all blend in. Also many debuffs were unclear. Confusion, fear, chaos. Many were on enemies for only a few seconds and hard to understand their benefit.

2. Mouse Controls
    -Mouse was nice for ranged characters although it presented a problem when playing with others. Pets would also interfere with targeting as you would want to talk to them instead of attacking.

If there’s anything else I’ll add to it later.

1 Like

Because the point of survey is to have a overall looks of total stats, and be able to compile it into readable report for meeting. Google’s one has everything that helps and shorten a large amount of time spending to make one of their own.

It’s your choice if you don’t want to contribute. I love the game and want them to make the game better so spending 5 minutes making a google account is no problem for me.

2 Likes

6.combat for some classes are messed up.
10.make attackspeed vary from weapon to another
12.needs to be able to filter more like recipe > weapon/armor not just recipe
18 both can be fun and sometimes both can be not fun
22-1 BECAUSE I AM CATAPHRACT
23.what does petting them do?
27.fans that want tree of savior to be what they expected of RO2
28.all of the above

Aspects of the game that I like:

1. The drop rates of normal equipments and recipes for the most part seems high enough to be psychologically rewarding.
  2. The music is soothing. I especially love Fedimian’s music <3
  3. Having so many classes to choose from is interesting and fun.
  4. Crafting was fun.

Things I would like to see improved:

1. Mouse mode controls:

a) Some NPCs and objects do not respond to mouse clicks. I need to switch back to keyboard mode to initiate a conversation.
b) The controls are sometimes whacky and inconsistent. Initially I had problems clicking the mob to attack it. Instead, I moved my char towards the monster. Sometimes when I auto-attack and quickly press Jump, then press an empty space to move, my char doesn’t move but instead continues to attack the monster.
c) Quick slots for mouse mode is more limited and harder to use. How do you press CTRL/SHIFT/ALT+Number quickly and alternate to a different button? I prefer to use the QWERTY keys for quick slots. This would mean moving the directional keys away from WASD, but that’s not hard to do.
d) Some areas had over-arching structures where you simply cannot click the other side to move through. Example would be Mausoleum 1F, after the goddess statue. I need to use the directional keys to go through these parts. Tbh, a good mouse control system would eliminate the need for directional keys.

TWO. Class Balance/Cooldown adjustments

This applies to the question about normal attacks being the emphasis of this game. I believe the cooldown times of some skills really need work to lessen the need to auto-attack, and to make the game less tedious. I think Swords, Archers and Clerics are fine with this emphasis, but it’s a huge issue for a Wizard player like me.

Wizzies have really low attack speed, and this can make the game tedious in some parts, especially if you solo as a Wizard. Pyromancers are still fine in terms of auto-attack/cooldown balance, BUT Cryomancers really need to either have their skills’ cooldowns reduced (and their damage improved slightly), OR have a corresponding Enchant skill (Enchant Frost perhaps) implemented to increase their damage output.

1 Like

-Improve the game graphics performance aka FPS
-Balance classes
-More quests, principally at level 120+
-Better spots, with a lot of monsters and respawning in few seconds
-EXP ‘penalty’. Why can’t I kill a monster level 100 and get a good amout of EXP when I’m level 80?

+1

and pls try to make the chat more comfortable.
Yes there was the option to fast toggle between Shout/All/Party Chat, but there was NO option to fast answer a whisper??? or did i missed it? Yes you could type /w ‘name’ but…come on i wont type everytime the whole name. Or you could rigth click on him and click whisper…but that’s not comfortable in my opinion. Also i wasnt able to use my normal Enter Button while playing with Gamepad to activate the chat!?! Only the Enter Button @ my numpad worked :frowning:
It would be great if there would be a option like /‘any free letter’ (e.g. /a) to directly answer the last whisper.

As far as features go, I felt like the chat system is very underdeveloped. Very easy to miss messages, while scrolling back to find them is a pain (is there a hotkey for scrolling up the chat that i don’t know of?). PMs in particular were hard to keep track of as well.

And especially annoying was that you were always limited to seeing one chat. Hard to PM someone while trying to keep up with the partychat etc.

The fact that chatlogs disappear once you relog, or even just switch a map or channel sometimes, makes it even more hard to keep track off.

We need a lot more ways to switch between chat-inputs, and more than one window able to show chat.

And in general, the chat window feels very claustrophobic (unless you extend it up the screen, it takes like 3 messages to fill up the chatwindow already).

Anyone else?

4 Likes

Improve party quest system… encourage people gather to make quests… play together!
We need a good party quest system. Sometimes, I had to restart my quest when I was playing with other players because someone was too far ahead in main storyline quest :unamused:

In addition to /s, /p, and /y for normal, party, and shout, there was also /r to fast jump to whispering back the most recent person to whisper you.

This also reminds me of other problems with the chat though. Whoever decided that alt+tab would be a good hotkey for toggling chat channels must have been smoking some seriously dank sh*t, and I want some of it, but bad idea was bad. lol. Please correct this. lol. Perhaps just tab sans alt? And also make it so that if you do use alt with it as well (to tab out) that it won’t toggle. Having to retoggle my chat every time I tabbed back into the program was a huge pain.

Also, when you’re trying to scroll up to read previous chat messages, the stupid thing keeps automatically going down to the bottom of the chat every time someone puts in a new message. This makes going back and reading older messages in an active channel absolutely impossible. If I’m scrolling, just let me scroll. Stop forcing me back to the bottom, please.

I completely agree.

Also, it would be nice if we could make our own custom chat tabs, or if you could provide more chat tab options. I would personally like to see a chat tab that has normal and party in it, but no shout. And I would like to be able to reduce the amount of empty space between messages. And I would like for messages to actually span the entirety of a line before breaking to a new line and leaving a big empty margin at the end of the line. I would also like to be able to make a second chat window with only whispers in it. I would also like to be able to move my chat window(s). I would like to be able to move other UI elements as well, for that matter.

4: It did not worked, followed the github information and nothing happened.
5: I preffer a lot of times to use normal attacks than keep spamming skills, I choose archer because of that, but only skills were causing good damage.
6: It’s too easy prior level 75, there is some difficulty in Tenet Chapel once you get there, but if you grind you can
overcome it, at least if you are not an archer. Low level monsters should get a little buffing to make compensate their slow reaction and attack.
9: It was not bad, but also not really good, since some quests are very hard to be found, like a boss in the Cobalt Forest(?), that is hidden in a bush, it is not really obvious. It could show like as the bush is moving,
meaning that something is there.
12: The market system needs improvement, it could show a list of suggestion of item names if you write on the search box a word that is contained on multiple items.
14: Was very usefull on the beggining of the game, but on my other characters I did not even made use of it,
only made use to make collars and pendants made from boss items, since they are untradeable.
Also, since a number of recipes offer untradeable items, it is really demotivational to craft them if they
are weaker than your equipments, or not for your class.
15: Only once, but due to the bonuses not being great and the penalty sucks, I did not spent gems on equipments, instead I sold them for silvers.
16: Never found one, beside it seems like as the Rings system of Granado Espada.
17.1: Everytime I saw a message saying that there were a suitable party for me, if I clicked or the player denied it, or the player were in other map than the one I were at.
18. I played a few moments in party during the beggining of the beta, after that, I were being unable to find party, so I continued most of the gameplay solo, beside the gameplay in party were fun, the gameplay solo were not really that challenging.
19: Nope, the only reward I kind of considered good was finding the Goat Horns recipe from a chest.
21: I find it uninteresting, so nope.
24: Their training system, it is confusing if the player is not really into mmos, also, you can make a demi immortal pet if you spend all points in evasion.
26: All, but voted for BGM because is the feature that I have less frustration with.
27: Not many “special” items are found on the way, at least grinding up to level 130.

I guess that’s al.

Exactly points that i missed to mention, but also disturbed me.
:+1:

ok i see, thx for the info :smile:
but like Charon said, it was still hard to keep up several chats with more ppl at once.

5. What do think about the current version of Tree of Savior which emphasizes on normal attacks?
Physical classes seems to be able to use skills more often than Magical classes (specially Wizards) so they don’t need to use their attacks so often (specially Archers and Oblique Shot), i think there’s a need to switch this relation so casters can use skills more often (this is very visible when taking a higher circle/rank of the same magical class).

8. Do you feel that the tutorials and UI’s provide enough explanations on the game?
There’s some important/usefull features that aren’t explained properly such as Missile damage, Buff limits and how to cancel them.

12. How would you rate the Market System?
It’s good but need some UI improvements and some feedback to the user so it’s possible to know when you have money/items at the Item Cabinet.

15. Have you enhanced a Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the enhanced Gems?
It was really hard to enhance a gem beyond level 4 without a Monster Gem and the effect wasn’t so rewarding.

16. Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?
I haven’t used Monster Gems due the trading restriction and the lack of power compared to regular gems.

20. Were you satisfied when upgrading your equipment? (including enhancements)
Except for weapons the effects doesn’t seem to worth the price, also i have spent high amounts of silver just to waste the full potential of my item that wasn’t able to get over +8.

5. What do think about the current version of Tree of Savior which emphasizes on normal attacks?
Does it emphasizes on normal attacks? o.o I almost didn’t use them. I use Oblique Shot.

6. How would you rate the overall combat difficulty?
Most of time it’s boring because it’s too easy and some times because it’s too hard (magic/elemental 1.5k+ damage and a really high HP without a reason). In rare moments I needed to think on what to do. Most of times it was just mechanical killing with Oblique Shot and Broom Trap.

9. What do you think about our decision to hide the sub-quests?
I think it’s nice to hide them but it would be nice to have some way to know that you didn’t complete all quests (globally, not per map because it’s too easy). And we need more quests that make us think a bit.

12. How would you rate the Market System?
I think it would be better if we could register buy offers directly at the Market because it’s boring to the seller to switch channels to find the best offer. There could be a “search buyer” or something like that.

14. How was the Item Crafting system?
Why does the recipe get consumed? xD It just doesn’t make sense. I think it would be fine to have something like a magic/knowledge crystal for crafting which gets consumed for each craft depending on the recipe color. Rare items would require having the knowledge to craft (recipe) + rare creative power.

16. Have you used a Monster Gem that can be inserted on an item’s sockets? How were the Monster Gems?
I just used them to level up normal gems.

18. Did you have more fun playing with a party or playing solo?
Playing with people is very fun but when grinding it was more challenging when solo. A 5-members party is way too powerful for monsters.