Tree of Savior Forum

Trade restrictions have to go

It was announced as F2P but they changed their mind kinda like H1Z1… well not as bad as H1Z1, paladins F2P game will probably overshadow overwatch with time tho.

That doesn’t change the fact that hearthstone and heroes of the storm are F2P ^^

+0

The game you want would be eaten alive by bots. We can’t have what you want.

Maybe I’ll have less than 30 trades in a month but I dislike the fact that I’m restricted.

You may have less than 30 trades in a month but most people make alot more than 30 trades in 1 month.

Care to offer any explanation of why the current trade system will prevent bots?

All explanations up to this point have been debunked, and the rampant silver-selling still going on in both KoreanToS and in the rest of the servers along with the bot-shouts literally lagging the main towns to death have only shown proof against your statement.

Anyone who says the trading restriction stops RMT in any way is dreaming. Bots are in B2P and P2P games. Do you think a RMT cares about buying a token? Let’s be logical here. If bots were not able to make money from Tree of Savior, guess what? They wouldn’t be there. Bots aren’t stupid. There is a decent amount of sophistication behind bots and RMTs. If they are in your game, then they are making money.

I don’t think IMC can be this naive. The trading system stops RMTs? All it does is inconvenience players. Even Black Desert Online, a B2P game with no 1:1 trading of money and items (mostly), no matter how hard you cash shop it, has RMT in it.

Either two things have happened.

1. IMC did no research on RMT and bot prevention and thought this was actually going to work.

2. IMC is aware that this was not going to do anything but wanted to make Tokens more attractive and get RMTs to buy them.

So which is it? Is IMC poorly researched or are they trying to give you more incentive to spend more on their tokens then you would in an established P2P game?

3 Likes

Bumping up for unrestricted 1 vs 1 trade including silver, without pointless potential loss, especially when trading your alts.

1 Like

The trading restrictions are absolutely atrocious. Imagine you get to “end game” and you’re there farming with some friends. A rare item drops.

How do you split it? Answer. You’re going to have a hell of a damn time. You sell it on the AH. Minimum you lose 10% and 48 hours. Then how do you get the silver to each party member? Well again another minimum loss of 10% and 48 hours.

Now that you’ve gone through the hassle of waiting 96 hours on top of the random listing timer. And have lost approximately 18% value of the item. And let’s mention when you gave each party member their split of the silver its most sensible way of accomplishing it was listing some random junk item and buying it with still a slight chance that it wasn’t actually your friend’s listed item (thanks no direct silver trade). Everyone has their split of glorious loot. But by this point most people would just scoff at how ridiculous it is to split and trade things, they’d just begin to have one of two attitudes.

Either they don’t care anymore about drops and just accept their own luck. It’s a luck of a draw to begin with anyways.
Or they begin to grow spiteful of party systems, the desire to have their own things causing a general distaste for partying up

All for 1:1 trading for Token users and no AH restrictions for them either. Silver trading, could care less what they do. Too, make Tokens untradeable through market and a premium item only. What I don’t want, and probably why many do want trading, is being able to get a best in slot (BiS) item via AH, Silver, etc. There should be a lot of challenges to being well equipped – simply farming enough money to buy a BiS off the AH or have a pal trade to you is just weak.

Is the current system atrocious and going to cause mass abandonment? Nah, Drama Queens will be dramatic.

I don’t care what is done to accommodate non-premium users, if you aren’t paying to play a game you have no right to complain about how the people hosting it are paying the bills. Deal with it.

Just a friendly reminder, most of the players who are complaining paid for the early access. So yes, we are paying, and we have the right to complain. And even if we didn’t, free players are potential customers, and if you don’t treat them well, you won’t get more income.

I bought all 3 of the founder packs and i’m complaining like hell, there’s no reason I should have to wait 2 days for something I sold in the marketplace just because it makes it slightly more inconvenient for a gold seller to transfer his silver.

Because he doesn’t need it immediately.

just copy pasting because tired of making the same arguments over and over again…

You do not need to study anything to know that solutions which punish the innocent more than the guilty, are fundamentally bad.
The crowning gem on this argument is IMC’s 1:1 trade statement in which they openly admit that gold sellers have next to unlimited amounts of silver.
This directly translates to the simple fact that they can buy tokens, they can buy anything in the AH.
Following up on this the people 1:1 trade restrictions will hurt the most, are not the sellers, but your average player who has to actually work to just as much buy a token off the AH.

Let it finally dawn on you:

Not proverbially but quite frankly literally screwing over your player base with these restrictions will cause frustration and anger.
There was the dungeon cap, i said fine, its not that big of an issue, farming will go slower.
There was the AH cap, i said fine, its not that big of an issue, i will simply NPC sell my stuff without frustrating over the bs.
There was the 1:1 trade cap which completely and utterly annihilated playing with friends, and i said… for a game which didnt even bother to do as much as add a frikin need/greed loot system, this is now god flying ■■■■■■■ too much.

If you have to ruin the game for me and my friends to inconvenience (because lets be honest here, this is not something that counters gold sellers, it just inconveniences them) then you have gotten something wrong in your thinking process.

Im sorry IMC, im supportive towards you, but when it comes to bs with bs attempts of bs justification, i have low patience. Understand that by now gold sellers are only the second group which get screwed by your caps. THE FIRST ONE IS YOUR DAMN PLAYERS.

2 Likes

Obviously, I wasn’t talking about you then. However, if you chose to think short term and sell your Tokens, well, that’s on you. All you paid for was access and items, if you chose to sell your items for Silver then your only right is to early access.

Not talking about token here… Just so you know the trade restriction is for premium too, we are only allowed 30 trades meaning if you trade more than once a day you’d run out.

Founder’s Pack buyers paid to access servers early and are getting that. This doesn’t too, entitle them to subscription benefits, Token usage does. And really, they have to treat freeloaders well? The heck do you think allowing anyone to access the client free of charge is? IMC is a for profit company, not a charity organization.

The premium/token users are not getting treated well is what i’m saying.

We still have to wait 48 hours for marketplace.

We still only have 30 trades total per month.

We still can’t trade silver to anyone not even our own alts.

All of these are suppose to restrict gold sellers, yet it restricts us way more than it does them.

They don’t actually PLAY the game; they use bots.

Part of my point was that premium users should be allowed 1:1 trading, I thought a given of that would be unrestricted per amount, but restrict certain items only. My apologies if that wasn’t clear.

None of that affects me to the point that I care, only what I mention. You see, I’m not even remotely upset with the current system, but it could be better, so I’m not going to rage over it and write books. However, I still have to be respectful to other Token users’ opinions regardless. So please, don’t take me the wrong way, but if it doesn’t hamper my enjoyment nor do I think it will have long term negative effects, I simply let it be, it isn’t my fight to fight.

Just going to note that tokens sell for 370k on my cluster, so far I secured three of them, which by definition makes me a subscriber. I want my damn 1 vs 1 trade, so that I can trade tokens to my gf and my friend.

Here you go, the solution to the Trade System.