Tree of Savior Forum

TP Shop Token Prices Reduced

So theoretically based on the compensation rules a f2per can just buy and hoard tokens and get compensated simply because they have them at the time of the change?

Users Eligible for Compensation

Note: Conditions apply exclusively to regular 30-day Tokens. Event Tokens such as 7, 15 or 60-day Tokens will not be considered for compensation purposes.

A. Those using at least one Token at the time of the price change.

B. Those possessing at least one Token within their team at the time of the price change (includes those possessing a Veteran’s Pack DLC unopened in their Inventory or Message Box).

This only states that all you need to do is have a token in your inventory, or have a token effect.
What if I buy a bunch of tokens from the market?

Yeah, the same question: Will I receive TP if my tokens were bought from market?

Should IMC put a limit to avoid abuse from buying massively token from the market ?

Or is it okay because “refund” will just happen “once” ?

Well still does nothing for the people who have bought tokens from the TP merch and sold them on the market… but since they don’t have it in their inventories they will receive no compensation for it.

You’ll receive compensation for every non-Event Token you possess or are using at the time of the price change, regardless of how you got it: TP shop, Market, makes no difference.

9 Likes

Will any other high priced items within the shop be reduced such as hair styles and skill potions?

I don’t exactly know how to feel about this blanket policy because your aim is to compensate people who have spent the initial 198 TP to get those tokens. You said so on your post.

“we plan to compensate those who have already purchased and/or are currently using Tokens ahead of the price change.”

It doesn’t make sense to me because a f2p player can theoretically spend say 1m silver to buy 2 tokens and basically get blindly compensated for them in the form of 198 tp. I’m fairly certain this isn’t what you intended to do. Unless you’re completely fine with the potential abuse that this policy will get, and it WILL be abused.

Not to mention that the eligibility rules do not take into consideration those who have spent said 198 tp to buy a token and ended up selling them afterwards.

1 Like

So now people are getting rewarded for using Gold Sellers to buy out the entire Token stock on the market for a life-time supply of TP.

Good job.

Really no need to be rude or condescending here. Plan just needs a little tweaking.

At this point it’s infinitely MORE important that the legitimate players get some love even if it means a few gold buyers benefit from it.

IMC is doing things and that’s all I care about right now. Hope Restoration Program is underway.

2 Likes

Now people will buy tokens like a crazy. this move will milk the supply of tokens on the market and surely rise the price.
Since I will buy tokens for real money, I will have 50% more money for cosmetics
:grin:
Common IMC give us more costumes. Cleric spring costume looks like a wedding cake lol.

2 Likes

Legitimate players will benefit from it once the Token price falls after June 7th.

Right now the only people benefiting are the ones selling Silver to players.

because it is an exchange. I give you my sliver I have to grind to get, you give me your Token you bought by TP. If I cannot get compensation so you will get back your token (because compensation TP=1token) and still have my sliver. :slight_smile: And you know what? if your token was not 198TP at that time, it would not cost so much sliver like that. :smiley:

2 Likes

Please, stop whining about this, imc do change its apptitude this week. I know this changes maybe are not optimal jut a least we have something. Step by step guys.

1 Like

@PrinceMark You created a thread before that you have 1 year supply of token. I think now it’s worth it :slight_smile:

I wonder if they will be refunding only people confirmed to have bought their own tokens with real money, not silver. That would be the most logical.

And I would be rich if I knew how stock prices would change.

So I get nothing since I don’t possess my token anymore but everyone else with token get compensation. I was the one spending the 198 TP on token and the others spending the silvers. Ok… That’s even worse… Well done.

I personally think you should reduce the price, but not compensate people with tokens. (I personally would benefit but I do not think its a fair way to do it). I know people have said (especially people who leveled early and would buy every cheap token on the market) that they bought 10+ tokens. I know I spent all my characters money and got 3 or 4 when the price dropped to 350k per token before F2P. Its not fair that I (with a few tokens) get 300-400tp, or the person with 10+ tokens gets free 1000+ TP, yet the guy who actually bought the tokens gets nothing. I think the only fair way to do it would be to only compensate people once (99 TP) if they have a token active or in their inventory, regardless of how many tokens they have, or don’t compensate at all (this is the option I lean most toward).

I also don’t feel people who bought a bunch just to sell on the market for quick silver really need compensation, as they did so knowing how much TP was worth and just used it to make quick silver in game.

I understand you’re trying to make your players happy, but I don’t think this affects the players you meant to target and instead just applies to token hoarders who farmed a lot early and spent silver on them.

3 Likes