Tree of Savior Forum

ToS is not using NVidiaGraphics Card

The control panel works only in notebooks, desktops still have the problem

I use a laptop and like i said. I already used the nvidia CTRL panel method. I ā€œforcedā€ my NVIDIA video card to run the game but i still get like low FPS. my videocard is Nvidia GT740m.

Thank you eliott100 and shonpt :3
reinstaling the graphic card with the clean option really ā€œunlockedā€ the customize option on NVIDIA panel

Getting the same problem. I tried the solution posted but nothing so far. Still getting low FPS. Mine its a GeForce 315M

works fine with 660 GTX SLI (avg 75 ~ 122 fps) so the problem is on your end

tried reinstalling the graphics card and using the clean option doesnt work for me eitherā€¦ still getting low fps ouf of this gameā€¦

Did you check your nvidia control panel and made sure that ToS is using your nvidia graphics card?

yeah already did thatā€¦ even before reinstalling and updating my driversā€¦ i already set it on my nvidia control panel. I gave up playing the game. I guess im gonna wait until the game is released. :confused:

I use GTX980 in 144Hz monitor. The game detects my GPU just fine. So far, the gameā€™s running fine with 110-144fps in areas with a few ppl around.

Hi,
if you have fps issues and select properly to force the game (With NVIDIA CP) to use GT710m with Tos.exe, itā€™s just this card have shitty performance: itā€™s like having intel HD 4000 and she was design for desktop use.
If you want to run the game smooth, you need to have a better GPU.
For GT 740m, itā€™s like having a intel HD 5200ā€¦ that the same problem, not enougth perf.
For GT 315mā€¦ itā€™s under a gt 710m ā€¦:confounded:
This game is not optimized, yet.
I have i7+ gtx 770 = the game run 60 fps most of time but can down to 2 fps on boss or areaā€¦
And i have a toshiba qosmio x770: i7 + gt 560m = itā€™s between 20 and 40 fpsā€¦ not stable

For those who still do not know how to ā€œforceā€ open Nvidia for ToS, you just have do the following;

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
  2. click on Manage 3D Settings
  3. Program settings tab
  4. Then proceed to add Client_tos.exe
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release)
  5. On that page, go to the 2nd tab and select ā€˜High performance Nvidia processorā€™

There you have it~

Still having this same problem too. Already forced in NVIDIA controle panel, still getting 20-30 FPS with a GTX 980M, that can run witcher 3 on 60 fps on high

iā€™m having a problem with that too, in my nvidia control panel i donā€™t have the option to force the game to use the gtx. how can i activate it ?

Yeah man. Wish they could fix this. I could run NBA 2k16 with mid graphics but i get 20 ~30 fps with my GT740m graphics card? What sorcery is this?! :frowning:

Hi guys. I watched a video in youtube, I think itā€™s usefull. My fps change from 8 - 20 to 30-50. I have a i7- 4790k and GTX-680.

I tried with my old computer that has a radeon almost 10y old, the games runs smoother (~40fps but stable ) than on my new computer and with my gtx 970 ( fps go up and down all the time, it can hit under 8 fps ā€¦ )
Thatā€™s really upsetting, to be forced to play on your old computer when you just bought a new oneā€¦

for the video on the post above, didnā€™t change anything for me, exept it goes over 200fps cometimesā€¦ to go down under 10 as soon as somthing happens on screenā€¦

wow thanks man. I tried to do what the video said and my FPS increased a little. well its just a little but atleast im getting 30 ~ 60 fps unlike the previous one ( 20~30 fps). Well atleast this will do for nowā€¦ but i do hope they optimize the game for real doe.

I suspect ToS doesnā€™t work well with Nvidia GPUs. Nothing solves the issue.

Can we figure this out? I canā€™t even enjoy the game on my comp T.T

Here the unofficial solution: