Tree of Savior Forum

ToS is not using NVidiaGraphics Card

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time :

Bug Description :
As the title says, ToS is not using the NVidia GPU of my laptop, it uses the integrated Intel graphics which in any case, will result to lower gaphic output

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Start ToS (alone, with no other apps using GPU)
  2. Check GPU activity

Screenshots / Video :
(be sure to attach screenshots for graphic bugs)

System

• CPU : i5-3337U
  • RAM : 4GB
  • Graphics Card : Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce 710m
  • Mainboard :
  • Storage :
  • Internet Connection :
  • Country, Region : PH, SEA
4 Likes

That’s not a problem of ToS, that’s a problem of your settings. If the game won’t run via the right gpu, you have to force it via the NVidia Control Panel as your drivers got no info about tos. Had the exactly same problems with other games and the exactly same gpus like you.

I’m fairly sure you can right click games .exe (Example: TreeofSavior.exe) and select “Run with graphics processor” and choose the correct one.

You can also go to your NVIDIA Panel and change the prefered GPU to use for any executable.

Happening to me as well in the Second Beta Test. Pretty sure it’s not my computer configuration as other games (Dota 2, Planetside 2, etc.) I have automatically switch to the dedicated GPU on my laptop (760m).

NVIDIA panel doesnt help. Tried that. Some people are having this problem too…

got exactly the same problem as OP

Same problem! Really annoying

PC Specs: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8Go
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti (2Go)

I can run almost anything at high with 60 fps (Battlefield 4, League of Legends, WoW, D3, SC2, etc)
But it seems I can’t run ToS at more than 6 fps while farming mobs.

Same problem with my gtx 960

same problem with my GTX 860 , but solved with Nvidia control panel

I can run League of legends with 330fps, still 30 fps on ToS. GTX 960M

I also realized after you say it… I have 30 fps at max… when I try to run program with nvidia graphics it still doesn’t work

still experiencing the same problem. any solutions guys? and yeah nvidia ctrl panel doesnt help

Yes, it is. Make sure to open a new specific game profile for the Tos_client.exe and force using your NVidia card.

Make a guide please. I’m bad a these kind of things. lel

This should be considered a bug. The game should automatically detect your GPU and evaluate it’s readiness like most all games do and I can see this as a potential issue for those not tech savvy. I run GTX960 SLI and it does detect my GPU just fine but I’ll check again later today.

I have to ask - Have those of you who are reporting this configured your nVidia control panel in any way prior to playing ToS?

Probably not - they’re a bunch of lazy bums that think the game should be perfect at closed beta launch.

Falle, it’s not the IMC fault that Nvidia uses your integrated card by default. Its probably because the game is new and perhaps in the next 2 or 3 driver update, Nvidia will add ToS to their profile database.

However adding a new profile and selecting Tos_client.exe works 100%.

I HAVE A SOLUTION! Download this. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Uninstall everything of your nvidia programs and geforce experience. Go back to nvidia installer here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Download your specific installer and when you’re installing hit custom installation and not the recommended one. After it is installed, you will have to restart your computer. Open your geforce experience and DO NOT UPDATE. Leave as it is and check your nvidia control panel and under Manage 3D settings, go to program settings and find or add the Tree of Savior to your program. Click it and then under that, click use High-performance NVIDIA processor and under that, find vertical sync and turn that off. Have fun with 60 fps+!

1 Like

You do not need Revo uninstaller to uninstall your graphics card. I urge everyone to not download this application as it is completely superficial.

Instead you can download the driver from nVidia and when opted for a “Clean” installation check yes.

Again, I urge you to not download this. If you do not know how to use your computer, visit the Microsoft Press store and buy a book.