Tree of Savior Forum

ToS is not using NVidiaGraphics Card

The control panel works only in notebooks, desktops still have the problem

I use a laptop and like i said. I already used the nvidia CTRL panel method. I “forced” my NVIDIA video card to run the game but i still get like low FPS. my videocard is Nvidia GT740m.

Thank you eliott100 and shonpt :3
reinstaling the graphic card with the clean option really “unlocked” the customize option on NVIDIA panel

Getting the same problem. I tried the solution posted but nothing so far. Still getting low FPS. Mine its a GeForce 315M

works fine with 660 GTX SLI (avg 75 ~ 122 fps) so the problem is on your end

tried reinstalling the graphics card and using the clean option doesnt work for me either… still getting low fps ouf of this game…

Did you check your nvidia control panel and made sure that ToS is using your nvidia graphics card?

yeah already did that… even before reinstalling and updating my drivers… i already set it on my nvidia control panel. I gave up playing the game. I guess im gonna wait until the game is released. :confused:

I use GTX980 in 144Hz monitor. The game detects my GPU just fine. So far, the game’s running fine with 110-144fps in areas with a few ppl around.

Hi,
if you have fps issues and select properly to force the game (With NVIDIA CP) to use GT710m with Tos.exe, it’s just this card have shitty performance: it’s like having intel HD 4000 and she was design for desktop use.
If you want to run the game smooth, you need to have a better GPU.
For GT 740m, it’s like having a intel HD 5200… that the same problem, not enougth perf.
For GT 315m… it’s under a gt 710m …:confounded:
This game is not optimized, yet.
I have i7+ gtx 770 = the game run 60 fps most of time but can down to 2 fps on boss or area…
And i have a toshiba qosmio x770: i7 + gt 560m = it’s between 20 and 40 fps… not stable

For those who still do not know how to “force” open Nvidia for ToS, you just have do the following;

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
  2. click on Manage 3D Settings
  3. Program settings tab
  4. Then proceed to add Client_tos.exe
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release)
  5. On that page, go to the 2nd tab and select ‘High performance Nvidia processor’

There you have it~

Still having this same problem too. Already forced in NVIDIA controle panel, still getting 20-30 FPS with a GTX 980M, that can run witcher 3 on 60 fps on high

i’m having a problem with that too, in my nvidia control panel i don’t have the option to force the game to use the gtx. how can i activate it ?

Yeah man. Wish they could fix this. I could run NBA 2k16 with mid graphics but i get 20 ~30 fps with my GT740m graphics card? What sorcery is this?! :frowning:

Hi guys. I watched a video in youtube, I think it’s usefull. My fps change from 8 - 20 to 30-50. I have a i7- 4790k and GTX-680.

I tried with my old computer that has a radeon almost 10y old, the games runs smoother (~40fps but stable ) than on my new computer and with my gtx 970 ( fps go up and down all the time, it can hit under 8 fps … )
That’s really upsetting, to be forced to play on your old computer when you just bought a new one…

for the video on the post above, didn’t change anything for me, exept it goes over 200fps cometimes… to go down under 10 as soon as somthing happens on screen…

wow thanks man. I tried to do what the video said and my FPS increased a little. well its just a little but atleast im getting 30 ~ 60 fps unlike the previous one ( 20~30 fps). Well atleast this will do for now… but i do hope they optimize the game for real doe.

I suspect ToS doesn’t work well with Nvidia GPUs. Nothing solves the issue.

Can we figure this out? I can’t even enjoy the game on my comp T.T

Here the unofficial solution: