Tree of Savior Forum

Token privileges or non-token punishment? Please, be nice

“Farm 1 month”.

1. Get a token.
  2. Run Saalus 12 times. (6 days)
  3. Sell 12 shards.
  4. Use 2.4 million silver from the sale to buy token.

Nice, how much time you already play this game? So, tell me more how every beginner will know this.

And more, tell me more how up a char 240+ without token benefits, in less than 1 month playing 2hours a day…

Let’s go saalus without any item, will be great! Lots of fun.

PS: Shards in silute = 150~160k.

You sound pretty self entitled.

Honestly though, tokens are actually pretty insanely cheap considering how long it takes to farm the silver for one. To be honest I’m surprised they’re not like 4m or more, though I guess even in WoW you can pay for a token by just playing a few days casually.

If you are beginner lvl 1, goodbye this logic. Itens or token, die in every dun/map without itens for “vip” or not… Thats the question…

i am not talking about token
token is tradable and i think thet the best thing IMC did

This is what a lot of people are doing… token or not, Lv240 to 330.

This [action] is performed by both seasoned players and newbies.

They’re called AFK-ing leecher @ssholes.

Just a side note. :stuck_out_tongue: Carry on~

Making 100k in a day is easy for those extremely lazy, 20 days and thats 2mil, easy token if you ask me :confused:

But as you progress it will go even faster to collect silver.

Just actively do your daily dungeons and you’d be able to afford a token sooner or later without any nonstop farming, or need for selling anything on the market,

If you chose to not spend any real money at all, then you’d obviously need to invest more time ingame to afford it anyway.

If tokens werent tradable at all, then we could probably discuss the perks for having a token.

that’s because we don’t need farm to buy itens or re-roll cubes, etc… just go with lvl 1 itens or maybe with some item drop, and lets farm the token.

Quest rewards are good enough for new players, i have to assume youre a new player, because if youve played the game for awhile, youd know what to do.

You dont need enhanced items with gems inside to do regular questing, nor is it necessary for such gears when doing low lvl qued dungeons, its only a luxury.

You could also just hunt for recipes/materials to craft equipment, you know, work for your items.

Its just as simple as this: Popular games doesnt restrict trading or account shared warehouse to cash users

Time based Token Membership is useless for us who play casual, its a waste of money/silver due to many problems: bugs, queues, lack of time, lack of balance

But all that marketing team do is…

1. A beginner will eventually ask someone “what does all of the ‘Saalus’ in shout chat mean?” and get an explanation
  2. By the time a character is at the level o contribute to a saalus run, they have been making significant silver from the R7 and R8 quests that all drop silver, in addition to dungeon runs, mission runs, and general monster loot. They certainly won’t have amazing gear, but what they have is serviceable, and they should have enough silver to buy a token unless they’ve been spending it all the moment they get it.
  3. If you expect someone to make significant amounts of money by playing two hours a day in less than a month on a brand-new account in a Korean grinding MMO, you don’t understand what 'Korean Grinding MMO" means and why it’s important to establish this.
    3a. Such a timeframe of 2 hours a day would be more than enough to carry out the saalus runs even on one character and make 300-400k silver a day.

It’s actually always been this way with people having enough silver if they do quests to buy a token along with silver from grinding. But chances are nobody explains to them how important it actually is compared to say spending all that silver on attributes. I just rolled on a different server earlier today in fact to test exactly this and make sure it is actually feasible to farm a token on limited time.

1 Like

Yea, but sadly you really can’t control human behavior, so there’s limited things you can do if people can’t resist the impulse to spend money the moment they get it.

Best you can hope for is someone who will ask very quickly, through some line of questioning or another, about what a token is and how to get one. (I’ve had it come up when asked about a premium emote, about the item in the TP shop, etc.) Once they know it’s on the player market, and you can give them an estimate of the cost, they have a savings goal to reach.

Additionally, I advocate for new players to do the Klaipeda questline, since that one provides a lot more equipment (which they can also sell) than Orsha. If they’re invited to a guild extremely quickly, they could forgo Klai and do the Orsha quests if their guildmates will be giving them free stuff once the restrictions are lifted.

Hello there
i m token user and in my opinion u can have some fun without token but in long term u cant play this game WITHOUT TOKEN i tested it by myself
wanted to save time and play less so accepted less runs everywhere
sadly game is truly punishing not token users in lvls 240+

1: SLOT MARKET with 30% punish made it impossible to earn fine silver (unfair)
2: +3 movement speed bonus makes all ppl leave u behind (its kinda fair)
3: exp requires in 240-330 made this 30% token exp worth a lot (its fair)
4: team storage … no need to say (totaly unfair)
5 1 more run in EVERY INSTANCE (fair in basic dungeon + mercenary but unfair in uphill, event, saalus, ET)
6 boss cube opens (fair)
7 hand to hand trade is impossible with non token user when u trading ITEMS (unfair)

Talking about token is cheap or not (silver prise) DONT TOUCH PROBLEM in this topic
thats all i can say, even with that this is rl cool game so have fun playing

1 Like

Surely you can have fun when you spent months in a bot guild feeding you TP (when it was exploitable) and silver:

http://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/a/c/ac42e9b542bc5d185a8c3f94f95ea82b60b3061c.jpg

After a 3 month rest from playing ToS my Token already expired as expected. And now, if there’s anything worth noting, is the lack of one extra run for missions and dungeons.

I actually feel like my burden has been reduced from the hazardous dailies.
Seeing 3 available runs makes a player instinctively do the 3 runs.
I can buy a Token if I wanted but I’ll only do that after the worthwhile rebalancing patch together with class resets actually comes.

For now the only beginners benefit Tokens the most(+30%exp and extra runs), trade limit and team storage/bank behind the ‘technical’ paywall is annoying but not so much of a must have at the moment imho.

1 Like

you don’t have brain … or you don’t use it
[i am not talking about token]
no need to explain more your mind is closed anyway

1 Like

that’s pretty obvious… saying that is like “a beginner can’t kill world bosses in their first week so they cant play the game”

of course it will be harder at the start, but with a little effort you will find easy mats to farm and sell… want a good example? when they introduced five hammer i could easily farm a token in less than a week by farming caro leafs and ultanum feather(both low lvl mats)

people complaining about the token are a bunch of lazy kids.

hmm ok, so the problem is the outfits being sold? are you serious? you want to be cute and you dont want to pay for it?

##…^…

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.