Tree of Savior Forum

The grinding is REAL! Please do something

Theres no need to be ultra high rate to get max lvl in 2 weeks. But its not healthy for people and the game to be ultra slow rate to take :

That is very stupid.
A journey means:
an act of traveling from one place to another/travel somewhere.
So means travelling the game right ? If you want to explore, its okay. But it will never a “journey” grinding as hell.
@shyangyuan

You no idea how much faster the rates are. When i came to the first cbt, it tok me 6h to reach lvl 20. People did it faster, but i was “exploring” and “partying” with people with the same complaining as me. Don’t worry, the rate is much better now.

Some people have grown used to playing end-game mmos that rushes you to max level and then gets you some difficulty. TOS brings up the nostalgia of an old school mmo, having to actually be persistent to achieve every single level.

9 Likes

Don’t know what you are talking about, this is actually good feedback for the game, the devs can adjust the exp rates at launch depending on how players feel about them.

You have the crew that likes taking one week to gain 5lvls and you have the ones that want to lvl at faster rate, there’s nothing wrong in that. Just because someone isn’t happy with what YOU enjoy, doesn’t mean they are “crying”, everyone can have an opinion about their experience in the game, if it was the other way around, poeple would still complain about rates being too high.

You can’t please everyone as a game developer but they at least can hear what we have to say and adjust the game accordingly to keep most ppl “happy” that’s why these type of topics are useful for the game heatlh in a long term.

5 Likes

One week to level 5 levels lol…
Them I’ll wait for private servers :slight_smile:

Yes but this op is bat ■■■■ crazy. More xp is insane considering currently 1 week of CASUAL play is lvl 100

2 Likes

I’ll be happy once we get rid of all the casuals when the EXP during Official launch will be maybe even 25% as good as it is currently.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I will do that too. I don’t have time and patience for grinding games anymore.
It was a thing when I was a teenager and my only job was “study”, so I had plenty of free time for grind games.

1 Like

Clearly this bro is doing something wrong I went from 30-50 just casually playing while watching tv shows. Also boss monsters are easily soloable I’ve been doing it on all classes, though it takes some time on some classes.

2 Likes

Assuming what that everything should be handed on a silver platter for him? What he is asking for is insane yet the EXP rate is crazy high in this current beta and you speak of the health of long term ToS which seems like the complete opposite of what you’re saying. Complaining about exp and how long it seems to take for him to level is insane yet people had to deal with the real grind in CBT1. I don’t understand that is good feedback but yeah sure the rest of the comments on here are nice to read. Keeping these exp rates would be suicide with how people are already 100+ within less of a week and casuals would more likely get there or higher in a month worth of gameplay. How is that long term for you?

I have to agree to some point that monster xp is kinda low for a game with focus on grinding. I wouldnt say to double what we have now, but I’m at this moment killing monsters over 10 lvls (I’m 77 they 87) to get fractions of fractions of xp from them. ( I can just imagine how it turns out over 100)

I don’t think they should increase the xp rate to a point factor, but maybe increasing 0,1x. I don’t think people should be able to reach high levels in few weeks but this is turning into a new Priston Tale where you would grind days in high levels for 1% xp - and that’s too much.

Ok, this game have at least 500 levels, yet I need to stay on a spawn for like 2 hours to level up to 76?
Grinding should be more late game than earlier…

Grinding is fine. If they made this game easier everyone would just complain.

How can you guys say that the EXP is low? Like I said before it hasn’t even been a week in yet and you’re lvl77 so far. I mean everyone got a opinion but think about it. In a few months what level you would end up afterwards with these rates?

2 Likes

^ agreed to this

not yet a week and you guys complaining that the leveling is slow…

if IMC make it so that in just 72 hrs you can get lv 200 i am 150% sure that everyone will complain that it is easy to level and will ask to increase the level cap and complain again…

1 Like

Casuals don’t understand working to achieve something. They’ve grown accustom to games that repeatedly give them instant gratification

If anyone thinks these EXP rates will be the same during release they’re idiots. I’m expecting something along the lines of people max leveling in maybe 3 months at least.

Right now I bet we’ll see people hitting level 300+ by the end of the second week.

5 Likes

@shyangyuan funny you mentioned RO, did you play some time after Rebirth? Because prior to that. it was often 0.01% per monster when going 98->99. I remember before exp boost and ■■■■, it took me around 100 hours to reach 99 as a priest because the orcs in aldebaran gave roughly 1% per hour of grind

3 Likes

I played 20 minutes on level 42 with a full party killing all the time and got 37% … that’s bullshit, it’s that right or i’m doing something wrong?

If the current CBT 2 rates are going to be the official rates at launch, then i think its perfectly fine, and this is coming from someone who complained like crazy about the CBT 1 rates.

I consider myself mostly a casual player due to my time restraints, even though i’m passionate enough about this game to play it more on a hardcore level, but so far in this beta i’m at lvl 70 and have not once felt like i HAD to grind yet. There are more then enough quests and things to explore that are keeping me feeling like i’m making progress at a decent pace, which is the most important thing to me in any game i play.

This game doesn’t feel much like ro, I miss the ability to explore and find actual meaningful loot.

3 Likes

Low exp is actually ok imo, at least that way hitting cap MEANS something. If everybody could just hit cap so damn easily then what’s the point. People who dedicate a lot of time to hit cap deserve it, I mean they did work hard for it. It’s what made RO good back then, having that shiny aura around you while walking around Prontera actually feels more rewarding.