Tree of Savior Forum

The grinding is REAL! Please do something

I believe we can have both grind and quests. But they need to balance the exp in both sides to consider this. I believe the quest part is okay, I still would like to have more quests that involved going to a lot of different maps, and more quests that would unlock dungeons. And something like the Endless Tower in RO, with a lot of consecutive bosses to kill.

But the grind aspect of this game is not good as it is the quest aspect. I can’t understand, they want us to kill a lot of mobs for grind, but in a lot of maps they have only super strong mobs in low numbers that give weak exp for the trouble they are and the bosses have terrible exp. And if they want us to mob kill in numbers like in RO renewal, they really need to increase the mob rate and have more agressive mobs to kill, with a reasonable AI too, because sometimes even when I hit the mob, if a player passes next to them, the mobs start following the other player and not me that inflicted damage.

1 Like

LOL okay your obviously a post renewal player

3 Likes

I play RO more than 10 years and i say “Yes, RO become grindy at 85-90 lvls, not the 25-80, like ToS”

And i realy hate if ToS becom grindy too. So sad.

1 Like

um lvl 100 and haven’t had to grind yet. soooooo your doing it wrong lol.

2 Likes

The main problem is, if they want to make a game about grind fck fest, they shouldn’t have made a action oriented playstyle to begin with.

When I jump into a game that I can jump, block, run, dodge… I don’t see myself hitting the Auto-Attack button for 5 hours straight…

They should have stick with point and click if they were aiming for this bull…

Well, im read forum for my issue with leveling and there say “Grind from 25, grind to 60, grind from 70 to 85” so i dont think im doing something wrong…

Those people missed quests there are areas you are not carried to by the story do a little more reading on the forums you will see people talking about them or use tosbase quest database.

I missed some and got stuck at 74 till another player pointed out zones to me that i missed.

1 Like

Yea, I had to grind a few levels from 70-80, but then i realized i missed gytis settlement area.

You want them to make the long, long grind up as boring and uninteractive as possible? You’re saying you want them to make their game worse, and easier to bot?

1 Like

Yup there’s a reason I spent 4 years playing RO and 4 playing L2 meanwhile every mmo since i’ve quit in a month and I don’t even remember half those games while I have tons of great memories of RO/L2

It already is a good medium because your job level is the one that matters and you will be done with jobs levels by level 300 or 400. Then you have 200 or so super grindy levels but guess what you only get 1 stat point a level so if you dont want to grind then just dont level, stat points arent that important in this game compared to skill levels and equipment.

Actually you can level up pretty fast in this game even as a casual gamer, quests help a lot in early levels and grinding just boost your drop and exp rewards, it isn’t a must. And I kinda like it this way, specially as a PVE player. I always manage to optimize my grinding experience when I don’t have much time to expend, its funnier than repeating boring side quests or punching into the LFR buttom repeatedly like we are used to do in others MMO.

exactly, lots of social memories playing with people. L2 was like that too, but it was more indepth since it was 3 dimensional and the 3d models were catered to what sells most: sexuality

I also didn’t find this grinding they are talking about. Just dothe main quest, the side ones and you’re fine…

Not money/silver wise as it is atm. Grinding in this topic is mainly about getting silver and items to sell.

For me current exp rates are quite good for a final release, but anything less, I think I rather not press “z” mindlessly for months just to become rank 5 or 6.

Even if we keep the current exp rates, there is still 1 huge problem, having only 1 or 2 place to grind which are almost always crowded. ToS needs more fields, and maps with higher mob density for that.

or just more channels so we can spread more

I’m up for a “normal server” but a “hardcore grinding fest server” is necessary for those people to stop being a such a bother saying that if we don’t like the grinding, we should move to another game. They’re never satisfied with how the game is and are always asking to “reduce EXP rates because we already reached lv150 in 2 days” expecting that >everyone< can reach lv150 in 2 days. So a server with extremely f*cking low EXP rate is necessary for them.

I agree with you. One thing that makes me dislike MMOs is the fact that I spent quite some time searching and creating the gear for my current level, but 1 day later I already need to drop that gear and find a new one. But still, a grinding fest doesn’t pleases me. If I had to grind for more than 2 hours to level up ONE level, I’d probably kill myself or just stop the game. I don’t find any fun in just killing mobs through the maps, sorry.

Someone will come here saying that the grinding is easy right now, and I believe it must be, but… of course you’re playing as Swordman or Cleric. Try grinding as Archer or Wizard. It’s just f*cking impossible. The problem now isn’t the grinding, but the balance of the classes. If they fix, I think that the grinding won’t be a problem for me.

That would be even more interesting than it is right now and would give me motivation to grind. What I like is objectives in-game, and that’s why I preffer quests. They tell me what to do, how many mobs to kill, etcetc. But if we had this kind of thing in the maps, it would be a kind of motivation too. And btw, maps right now has just 10 quests at most… I don’t think that we’re really using the maps with so little content in them.

1 Like

I said that in my first post. The story bosses in the game are all tank and spank, dodge the red circles. I want the game to have both. I want a longer grind with harder bosses so the game is longer as well as more engaging.

Also … just a side note/opinion thingy to the devs, I don’t think that we should be getting purple gear through the story quests. It should be left to farming mobs. There are some really awesome items in this game that you have to go out of your way to find the mob, grind the recipe, grind the mats, etc. That awesome purple level 40 robe you get some time during the story quest? Is probably the best robe ever until 75 epic robe that I is a craftable. I personally feel like I’m just handed this awesome piece of gear doing the bosses (which also aren’t that hard) and it’s just bleehh feeling and unrewarding.

2 Likes

you gotta be kidding right. it isnt even action combat. its so staggered and stand still. But for a top-down view mmo it is to be expected no doubt. then again that is your opinion and fair enough.