Tree of Savior Forum

The gap between 2h vs 1h+sub

perhaps same topic have ever pop up but i just realize that having 1h+sub is such huge benefit and only leave little gap of damage compare to 2h weapon
the pros of using 1h+sub is much more beneficial or the benefit of 2h is just a little lacking
say

1h+sub pros vs 2h>>
2 enchant jewel vs 1
2 awakenings vs 1
4 ichors vs 2
6 gems vs 5
40 pamoka for full set effect vs 58(?) pamoka

this situation feels like the benefit of 2h extra damage while sacrificing pdef is kinda disappointing especially when all those 1h+sub benefit has can get the gap very close
it only comes to good 2h ichors now imo

i also read that krtos also discuss about this
and they came up with the “magic amulet” ideas which is special for 2h only
but seriosuly…
is this one kind of a thing to compensate that

an extra ultra low chance to deal flat damage?
the problem is not the chance though but totally the whole effect
and so far none of these magic amulets items are good to me
if this is the future of 2h the disappointment continues

That amulet (and all other) has been created in 2016 and was never used in the game after early Betas.
They used to be totally different and not related to 1hand vs 2hand.

https://tos.neet.tv/items/648018
Click the +

Created on 16 Mar 2016

Didnt saw IMC mention them again. And if they would… the effects would most likely be changed

1 Like

Also the Difference betwwen 1h weapon and 2h weapon damage does not look fair.

for ex: 1h skia sword lv 400 legend weapon =4606 - 5090
2h skia sword lv 400 legend weapon = 5236 - 6399

very less difference but if u calcuate all the benefits of 1h + shield/sub-weapon i think its got like 2 or 3X more stronger and powerful making 2h weapon build completely worthless

the 2 ichor and 2 enchant item of 1h+1shield/sub-weapon completely overpowers every 2h weapon
For ex:
2h weapon(enchant Gem = 20% main damage) only
but for 1h weapon(20% main damage) + sheild(20% pvp damage)
not to mention the 12k def + 3 Gem slot + block rate + all ichor HP/Critical stats u get

no wonder 1h weapon +shield and sword +dagger/pistol builds destroy 2h weapon build in PVP.

Messed up Balancing… what else to say

I still swap to 2h weapon for gvg, cos that extra atk can make difference.

Most of pve videos still use 2h, even many here keep saying 1h+shield is better.

Any 2h weapon buff is welcome but don’t necessary need to be as good as 1h+shield defensively. Imo it’s good concept for pvp/gvg required you to have both 1h and 2h. It’s the end game in any game anyway.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

they call it ornament btw, not magic amulet
and the effect is still unknown
but i agree that 2h require some small buff
like more gem slot
1 is reasonable, 2 is awesome and bring back the benefit value of 2h
because back then even legend shield max gem slot is one, and some old gear with low def can got two
but now 3 gem slot is the meta for legend shield which makes up to 6 slot for 1h+shield
when one of the benefit of wearing 2h supposed to be able to get more gems(1 extra gem), now its a disadvantage of losing 1 gem slot
so adding 1 gem slot is reasonable and adding 2 bring back the ol benefecial of pursuing damage over def

the buff should never be about to make 2h more defensive but more atk because thats the point we use 2h in the first place
compensating defensiveness of 2h will just be another disappointing decision when what we thrive is more damage

this is one of many.
dont forget 2 enchant jewel, 2 awakening,2 effect, 2 extra ichors than can equalize stats(except some 2h unique effect which is the only advantage to me now)
say
with 2h weapon+ichors you can get 90+ con, 200+str
with 1h+ichors+shield+ichors you can also get those same stats.even better due to more random ichors variety

swapping is good option, especially when its an auto swap
i would love to do this when i can set certain skills to work only with 2h weapon
say when im exo i want to be able to do rubric using 2h weapon skia maul ichored in my swap slot but thats it, i want to use rod+shield for the rest cause i found it more beneficial currently

there will also attribute to increase sub damage from wep damage later for some class with 1h+sub weapon… wow so much love for 1h+sub
please spare some love for 2h as well
im not gonna judge more harsh before this “ornament” thing released
but i will certainly be back here when i know whats on the plate