Tree of Savior Forum

The game state for newcomers/returning (no salt)

This is what happens when u try to compare urself to player who play the game for more than 2 years.trying to accomplish same achievement within 2-3 week is just bonkers.

You cant even do it with RMT .Dont say leveling is hard. I just started a new fresh id, with 0 item 0 team level.and i got to lvl 330 in just of 8 hour in-game time.

I didnt even have to buy anything from market.item provided by IMC is more than enough to slice me through the leveling process like butter.

I even make it harder my picking trash class build, currently archer - QS- HUNTER- RANGER.

1 Like

I would just like to say that, whether in-game or even in real life, timing is everything.

2 Likes

Dear IMC, please reduce the amount of coin required to trade savinose set by 3 digit, i.e savinose weapon 10 coin and armor 3 coin, so that we can enjoy it since day 1 of event. FYI, This game is impossible to play without those free savinose set, how do you expect us to grind those coin?
#sarcasm

4 Likes

hmm, will IMC be blamed again for any returnee/newbie who just start login at january 29th 2020?

@Ignitor @Lenny if they missed this event, whose fault is it? IMC or the player?

You keep telling yourself that. This whole thread is basically people complaining about missing an event that spoonfed gear. And how they don’t want to farm for items and just want free stuff.

Maybe you should tell the people complaining to have fun and chill and not keep bringing up the fact that they missed a good event. But hey, now you all get some free gear so you can pretend like it’s all ok now?

But wait, will people come back after this event and complain the same way too?

WHAT? just bump up? not even planning to notify any veteran friend who quitted this game or persuade your real life friend to become new player of this game while this event exist?
Well, well, well! Look at you, protesting for injustice at one side, but not doing anything to reduce future casualties on the other side.

and you seems to intentionally avoiding to answer this question

You know what is hypocrisy?
Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence, in a general sense, hypocrisy may involve dissimulation, pretense, or a sham. Wikipedia

After january 29th it will still be IMC fault for any new/returnee player to have to stop at high level wall of cm and saalus, unless they make something more permanent. Why? bcuz nobody knows the future to see if they should start playing a game now or tomorrow.

But as i said in my other post, the problem isnt just the lack of event gear. Giving players a good start at max level, having more tooltips or small guides in game (stuff like gem feud, ichors, etc), speaking more with the players (letting them know future updates or events), these kind of stuff is a good way to start.

err… @Lenny, be honest with me, are you still playing today? or already quit again for long time ago?

i saw the posts before, they are good but if ppl have to scavange ktos for more detailed information its not enough. also theres no info about future events, something like, next month we will have a gear event. i remember ppl saying that it would happen soon while others saying it would take months more.

same story with the tooltips, if i play for 3 weeks and still didnt see it, it needs some change. also i had to be told by a guild member about these stuff or id take more time to find out on my own.

like a small guide saying what u can do with a link to tooltips would be a great thing. stuff like, u can fail very hard uphil and get +8k atribute points every week, even if u have bad gear. just a list of stuff u can do would help give new/returne players a direction

@Lenny

the thing is that - ktos sometimes gets different events than us. it is not always confirmed that we will get similar events to ktos. meaning most of the people saying that certain events are happening soon are “speculating”, of course with good reason, but its not always true.

In terms of detailed information, i dont think that its benefical for imc to give a heads up on events and such a month or so in advance. this is because it would lock them down for it and would not be able to account for any hiccups or last minute changes via dev team.

Actually im not sure that many mmos even give a heads up for things like this, generally they drop the events in a short time frame to surprise the players who are actively playing the game.

Its usually only super big updates that are teased and given more in depth info for (e.g 4ever update)
similar to other games as well, for example WoW or FFXIV

1 Like

i understand what u said and i agree with the most of it. the only thing that i think u are not considering is how events are important for progression in TOS. thats why i think some of them should be announced early (dont need a especific date, just stuff like “next month” or “next few weeks”).

About ktos, stuff like, level of new gear, its stats, the new lvl 400 starting gear, these kind of stuff that can make or break a game for someone that doesnt have a lot of time/resources and is investing it in something that they might need to trash in the next update. This used to happen A LOT back in 2016 and was one of the reasons i quit back then.

nah, not as important as it will render you unable to progress AT ALL if you missed the event.

how about we just talk about our current event. As you can see, we need AT LEAST 4x3k coin for complete savinose armor and 10k coin for 1 savinose weapon (add 3k more if using shield). Total 22-25k coin.
As a FRESH NEW casual player with only 1 char and doesn’t have a lot of time/resources, how many days do you think you will need to get all those 22-25k coin?
5 day? (this is fastest hardcore player speed who always get maxed 5k coin/day, so quit daydreaming!)
10 day?
22 day of just grinding coin mindlessly without having fun?

and then you will need 40k coin more to get all blue magnifier (and 40k more for all red magnifier) to reroll any of your unlucky identified savinose gear.
Do you still have time before the event finished?
Do you plan to blame IMC again if the event turn out isnt long enough for you to get all the reward?

1 Like

your arguments and all newbie/returner whiteknight wannabe are pretty much weak and unreasonable which already answered by so many other comments here including from top players
the thing is you and the other that complain here are just lazy and salty newcomer/returner
dont play mmo if you dont have lot of time
or at least dont get salty with others hard work
mmo core is grind
mobile game suit you guys lot better.with auto button and spoonfeed all the way.
you guys wont complain that much if you can make in game daily income somewhere like 15m a day with 2 hours playtime.that numbers even look such pity for some hardcore players.

these responses are a bit sad to read =/
i think its impossible to make some ppl understand

or maybe you are the one who have to start to understand.

Once again, time to feed you with how to:

But you might still have to click and source them yourselves, if they do not appear in discussion in ktos thread 4.0. Sometimes people share them, sometimes they do not. It is still in your responsibility to source for them after all.

1. Inven KR

Read with google translate, on this gaming forum

2. Ludo Gaming YT Channel

Guy gives breakdown of new patches/classes/events in his videos

3. BONG TOS YT Channel

Another similar guy, but he does not go in dept or have subtitles. Just watch for showcase of new stuff and figure out yourself.

4. HWI TOS YT CHANNEL

Also, KR guy doing TOS things related to new content

5. iTOS KTOS thread

be sure to do the notification settings, else you will not know if something new is shared

6. Join a Discord

So you can ask around, or get updated

7.Join a guild

Since they have players inside to actually guide you 1:1 , or teach you about what to do. If you have enthusiastic guildmates, they will actually share new content/future patches as well.

Hit that Alt + R for recruitment board in-game, look out for in game recrutiments shouts, or recruitment channels in the discord

got flagged for wanted to spoonfed ppl. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I can get the feeling for newcomers who missed the event. I farmed for gold and bought Planium off the market to make my Savi, and 1 month later the event happened. So obviously I felt like I could have saved that money for something else.

It’s like lets say you are going for a test. One person have all the prepared notes, webcast lectures, consolidated hints to the test, while the other one has nothing and have to slowly read through all the readings and research for their answers to the test.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.