Tree of Savior Forum

The Different between Field Boss and Party Event Boss

Hi! I want to help clear up about how field boss work. :blush:
Information base by 3rd KR beta and won’t include anything that change in extend test.
(You have to search patch note information by yourself if you interested for any change)

Spawn time base by KR version and might not accurate for iTOS

Field Boss are boss that spawn normally by itself every xx hours (around 2hr+ in 3rd beta KR version). Usually will be same map and random floor (if have 5 floors, they can be spawn randomly in 1-5 floors, some can be spawn in specific floor or specific as in order).

This kind of boss will drop rare material, card, recipe or weapon/armor (and possible some headgear?).

Party Event Boss are similar to field boss but can spawn by party event. To make Field Boss party event quest work you need to have 5 members in party (Not need to be in same place). After party up wait for x:00 o’clock (doesn’t matter what time you party up. It can be x:20 or x:59). Quest will show up in party menu in “Party Event” tab.

After accept event quest boss will spawn in random map.
It’ll show you an information of where boss spawn in party event tab.

This kind of boss will drop Headgear and Fashion Sub weapon. (Not sure if card include, I’m not see one drop yet in my fight)
Other player who’s not in party can also attack and get loot if their damage are in top 5 same as normal field boss.

Whenever Field Boss or Party Event Boss spawn it’ll show a message and location in map.
As for member of party who accept quest they’ll saw ‘X’ mark at location.

Only way to know if they’re Field Boss or Party Event boss is loots they drop.
Or website/wiki monster list.

23 Likes

Thank you for this. :grinning::+1:

field bosses do not spawn every 2 hrs they spawn every day meaning every 24hrs i tested this my self and it supposedly has a boss for every floor considering i was in chapel F1 when i saw field boss will be spawning soon and i normally know it spawns at B1 so i went to B1 but nthing spawned and around the same time the B1 boss died on the day befor he spawned

The 2hrs was confirm by many kr player who playing in 3rd beta. (Also by myself later too but if there’s any change happen I won’t include it here). Since I asking boss hunting person and she said there’s no boss spawn in Chapel. The closest place is Guards Graveyard.
May I ask what boss you saw? Is it name Grim Reaper or if not is it drop headgear?

As for random floor I mean if place have 5 floors they have chance to spawn randomly in floor 1,2,3,4 or 5.

Chapparition was its name but it spawned in chapel B1 and not every 2 hrs cause i stayed in chapel for 14hrs to see wat would be the respawn time and it only spawned the following day an no it did not drop head gear it droped (purple weps,silver bar thats sells for 30k to np scrolls keys) so ik its a field boss Kr prob has a dif spawn time than icbt cause it definitly dident spawn every 2 hrs lol

I think iCBT and 3ÂșkCBT can have differences like XP, respawn, drops, etc.
The first information that I’ve listen about field bosses respawn are 24hr

Congratz for post @Tsuyucchi !!

In addition to these, I hope that I can handle Main Quest Bosses alone =)

Obs: Sry my bad english.

Ok with boss name I ask them again
Chapparition > can spawn in Tenet both F1 or B1, 2 hr after died, only in ch1 (every field boss)
Announce message will only show up when you’re on same floor that it spawn.

I have same problem similar to you when I try to track boss spawn time for first time.
I’ve wait 12 hours for harpia in the 1st floor prison until I know later that it can spawn on other floor (and also only in ch1). First thing I heard are 2-4 hours and later I can scope it down to be about 2 hours.
From all patch note in 3rd beta I’m not see any change in boss spawn time from 1st day till last day so I presume it might be same at here.

But I can’t confirm accurate spawn time for iTOS so I already mention this thread was base by 3rd KR beta since many overall in game mechanic are similar to each other. The point is to explain what’s different from each other and how to participate in boss fight because I saw many people mix up both boss as same one (Include me too). That’s why I write spawn time as every xx hours with hours that I can confirm by myself in KR version (2 hours or longer). I’ll note it to make it clearer for iTOS then.

Field boss spawn times/locations are random now.

It’s for extend test not 3rd beta test.
Tester can be ban if make any change information leak because it’s NDA. I can’t include anything relate to those update.

This is true, although all the info is revealed already on this forum and reddit, I’ll refrain from posting links.

1 Like

Awesome info! Do you know anything about duplicate bosses spawning in some dungeons? What i mean is, i found 2 harpia in demon prison, one on 1st floor and another on 5th floor. The first time i traveled to demon prison i could only find 1 hapria on the 1st floor, do you think maybe if a field boss is left alive too long it will spawn a second boss on another floor?

Well I can’t confirm it for sure but
 There was a time when Harpia spawn in unaccess-able area in first floor of prison. And kr player tell me that it’ll respawn again after 2 hours because no one can reach that area or kill it. After a 2 hours+ I was walking pass first floor and it’s gone from that area in first floor (No maintenance or server close down XD). I didn’t know where it re spawn though because I didn’t check other floor.

So what prompts the party boss quest to appear? Kill x number of monsters in that field?

Never mind reread it. It’s based on time.

The game currently offers four different types of boss battles. The first type of boss battle is story and quest related where you’ll only fight them once and never see them again. The second type is party quest related. Every hour, players in a full party will be given a new quest asking if they want to fight a field boss. Players outside of the party can also tag and attack the field boss to receive loot and items. Party based field bosses usually drop cosmetic accessories and boss cards. The third type of boss encounter in Tree of Savior Online is world boss battles. The world bosses in this game will drop legendary crafting recipes along with rare crafting materials that can only be obtained from certain world bosses. Lastly, the final boss encounter can be found inside dungeons and currently drop random tokens.
Quoted from Steparu

Can someone tell me, what is ‘World Bosses’? Where can I find it? ‘World Bosses’ is meant ‘Field Bosses’?

So we have 4 types of Bosses, right?

• Quest Boss
  • Party Boss
  • Field/World Boss
  • Dungeon Boss
  • Quest Boss is one from quest you doing.

• Party Boss is from doing party event boss. (Spawn by accept party event only. This also count as Field/World boss when spawn because other people can attack it too. Map it spawn can be any map and will be random)

• Field/World Boss are spawn normally in specific map. (It’s the same one as Field boss in this thread)

• Dungeon Boss is boss in an instance dungeon.

2 Likes

Have anyone been able to get this events working on iTOS?, I tried the other day on 2 maps with my guild mates and didn’t work