Tree of Savior Forum

The Chapel [Cleric Build Discussion]

Does anyone know of a video where Deploy Capella is used?
and/or can anyone explain exactly how it works/what it does?

(Is it like casting all those buffs with 1 button?
Is it combining all those buffs into 1 buff?
is it simply increasing the buffs durations… or…?
idk why I’m confused…)

You put a cloth over a table then stick a tree on top of it (or something like that). And it gives off an aoe buff effect very similar to Dievdirby’s statues. You then receive the buffs from Monstrance, Blessing, Sacrament, Stone Skin, and Aspersion at the same time for the effect duration, taking up a buff slot each (5 in total). When the effect duration ends and Deploy Capella is still there you can go back into the aoe to receive the buffs again.

It does not combine buffs. It doesn’t lengthen buffs. If you use the normal buffs afterwards they will take on the longer duration of the cast spell.

Thank you @Raven & @Wurmheart

I was reading the skill description all sorts of wacky different ways
This makes things much clearer!

It’s not as good as my imagination — seems to be best just for stone skin?
Maybe chaplain isn’t as important to a full support build as I thought it’d be…
The damage i’d be able to help deal with aspergillum might help though.

but I can’t fit cleric2 krivis1 & chaplain in my build so i’m kinda at a loss
hate that daino seems so necessary. @_@;;

That’s the #1 Chaplain problem)
If I could fit Krivis+Cleric C2 every other cleric build would overshadowed by far.

That’s the same problem as with LinkerC3ChronoC3. You simply can’t get everything you want.

1 Like

Guysh guysh, I made a build and I was hoping I can get some input. Some skills I think are obsolete and some might of been buffed so I figure it’s better asking then not.

The idea is to provide some heals/support while mostly focusing on damage ( magic damage ). Thanks in advance!

Also on a sidenote, can you transfer incineration to other mobs around via pandemic?

Here is the build, opinions/ help would be nice.

You could consider keeping Zalcai lv3 and dumping the rest on Daino. If you look into it, you’ll see how badly Zalcai scales with Lvls.

Alright, I’ll look into that. Anything else that you can see from the get go being super bad?

Nope. I mean, I think you should also consider maxing bloodletting for the close to 100% uptime. Maybe healing factor/Incineration/Bloodletting lv4 and Pandemic lv3?

Honestly can’t afford it. I would, and PD has a lot of cool skills but I just can’t afford it :cry:

Hello o/ I seem to have run myself into a wall with my skill build. I shall humbly ask for suggestions. :'D I am 100% invested in the Krivis c3, but anything else could change. I just don’t know what I want to do for rank 6-7. @_@ [Should also add I am in no way, at all interested in Plague Doctor]

I’d also advice putting more points in bloodletting and 1 point in Beak Mask at least. Healing factor needs only 1 point to be quite effective, I’m not sure how exactly it scales with level, but I assume that healing rate won’t change and it will only insignificantly affect the amount of healing and the duration. But original duration is long enough for most PvE battles. While BL3+BM1 combo will grant almost 100% uptime aliment immunity for yourself (100% immunity for 105 seconds with 10 seconds CD). And if you have linkerC2 in your party it will be party wide.

So you want a solo/party build? Offense/support focused one? If you don’t like PD then Kabbalist is probably your choice.

There is a bunch of options you can get at Rank 6, such as:

Priest C1 for monstrance+blessing, if you have DEX builds in your party. Resurrection is also good to have for occasional uses.

Bokor C1 for Hexing and Effigy, as well as extra meatwall (especially sturdy with full SPR builds).

Dievdirby C1 for CDR, SP recovery(though you won’t need it too much with Kabbalist) and group warp.

Paladin C1 for HP Regen synergy with Aukuras (especially good if you max it instead of Zaibas - in full support builds), extra DPS on Mutant/Devil Type mobs and useful Resistances buff.

Oracle C1 for it’s great utility and magic immunity from counter spell.

Less effective but still viable options:

Druid C2 is also a decent idea, but I personally don’t like this class.

Priest C2 for revive and mass heal. Or swap ClericC2 for Priest C3 to get Stone Skin.

Paladin C2 for Conversion. Or swap ClericC2 for Paladin C3 to get Barrier.

Dievdirby C3 for Ausrine, Owl and World Tree. (C2 is quite bad).

Or even Bokor C3 with full INT if you are into such things)

2 Likes

Wow thats quite a bit of info to take in, thanks! I guess I should have mentioned I usually tend to play solo, due to odd work hours and sleeping schedule. Gotta love being ‘on call’ :sweat:

I wonder if it would be viable to rearrange my class structure to Cleric2 > Priest > Krivis3 > Kabbalist. It would seem that damage would be only from heal/cure/attacking at the start, but I am fine with that. :>

I’d suggest you to start with Krivis over Cleric and Priest, if you are going Zaibas path over Aukuras Path. Especially if you go full INT and not full SPR.

Also if you have no constant party Oracle will probably be a better choice, since I’ve seen very few oracle builds here and if you will get another cleric in your party it will be priest 90% of times) So your monstrance would be unnecesary.

Bokor is also pretty good with INT build, since he grants you a reliable DPS source and some protection with zombies. I’d pick 1 of those 2 over priest for solo play.

I’m personally going to make Krivis3Bokor3 character for my Support Party(3 clerics+2 mages), gonna have some fun with zombie trains)

Hey guys.

I’m thinking about playing with Dievdirbys but I read some comments from guys playing on the kr server that make me wonder if it’s playable. There’s some discussion about the statues not being useful because the MOBS dies faster than the casting time of the statues and their CD is so high that most of the times that you will cast will be useless. Has someone played with it?

Haven’t played it personally, but i know that said points aren’t very important.

Diev has been buffed quite a lot, totems now take 2s to cast and they got improved dmg on carve/carve owl.
And it is indeed a poor fit for areas with low respawn and vs easy to kill mobs, due to the lengthy cool downs.

But dievs absolutely shine in more difficult content, as mob health does increase quite a bit. (there are exceptions ofc). It’s also the best cleric dps option for earth tower atm, and has very good pve support to boot.

And if you can party up with a chronomancer, well then it just becomes insane.

tl/dr:
-They’re only annoyingly slow vs easy content at lower levels atm. Which is pretty darn irrelevant.

3 Likes

just in case anyone was wondering:

you can’t proc sacrament, last rites nor aspergillium while transformed via transform/shapeshift from druid class

you can’t basic attack while transformed, only use the spells you get…

i could record a video if anyone really wants it, but i’m not playing kToS anymore, so i won’t be recording more videos on my own before iToS

2 Likes

RIP my idea of mega fat (through hp attr) Chaplain-Druid, thanks for warning @Tomazelli

yeah, my druid dream was gone too :frowning: