Tree of Savior Forum

The Chapel [Cleric Build Discussion]

So you want a solo/party build? Offense/support focused one? If you don’t like PD then Kabbalist is probably your choice.

There is a bunch of options you can get at Rank 6, such as:

Priest C1 for monstrance+blessing, if you have DEX builds in your party. Resurrection is also good to have for occasional uses.

Bokor C1 for Hexing and Effigy, as well as extra meatwall (especially sturdy with full SPR builds).

Dievdirby C1 for CDR, SP recovery(though you won’t need it too much with Kabbalist) and group warp.

Paladin C1 for HP Regen synergy with Aukuras (especially good if you max it instead of Zaibas - in full support builds), extra DPS on Mutant/Devil Type mobs and useful Resistances buff.

Oracle C1 for it’s great utility and magic immunity from counter spell.

Less effective but still viable options:

Druid C2 is also a decent idea, but I personally don’t like this class.

Priest C2 for revive and mass heal. Or swap ClericC2 for Priest C3 to get Stone Skin.

Paladin C2 for Conversion. Or swap ClericC2 for Paladin C3 to get Barrier.

Dievdirby C3 for Ausrine, Owl and World Tree. (C2 is quite bad).

Or even Bokor C3 with full INT if you are into such things)

2 Likes

Wow thats quite a bit of info to take in, thanks! I guess I should have mentioned I usually tend to play solo, due to odd work hours and sleeping schedule. Gotta love being ‘on call’ :sweat:

I wonder if it would be viable to rearrange my class structure to Cleric2 > Priest > Krivis3 > Kabbalist. It would seem that damage would be only from heal/cure/attacking at the start, but I am fine with that. :>

I’d suggest you to start with Krivis over Cleric and Priest, if you are going Zaibas path over Aukuras Path. Especially if you go full INT and not full SPR.

Also if you have no constant party Oracle will probably be a better choice, since I’ve seen very few oracle builds here and if you will get another cleric in your party it will be priest 90% of times) So your monstrance would be unnecesary.

Bokor is also pretty good with INT build, since he grants you a reliable DPS source and some protection with zombies. I’d pick 1 of those 2 over priest for solo play.

I’m personally going to make Krivis3Bokor3 character for my Support Party(3 clerics+2 mages), gonna have some fun with zombie trains)

Hey guys.

I’m thinking about playing with Dievdirbys but I read some comments from guys playing on the kr server that make me wonder if it’s playable. There’s some discussion about the statues not being useful because the MOBS dies faster than the casting time of the statues and their CD is so high that most of the times that you will cast will be useless. Has someone played with it?

Haven’t played it personally, but i know that said points aren’t very important.

Diev has been buffed quite a lot, totems now take 2s to cast and they got improved dmg on carve/carve owl.
And it is indeed a poor fit for areas with low respawn and vs easy to kill mobs, due to the lengthy cool downs.

But dievs absolutely shine in more difficult content, as mob health does increase quite a bit. (there are exceptions ofc). It’s also the best cleric dps option for earth tower atm, and has very good pve support to boot.

And if you can party up with a chronomancer, well then it just becomes insane.

tl/dr:
-They’re only annoyingly slow vs easy content at lower levels atm. Which is pretty darn irrelevant.

3 Likes

just in case anyone was wondering:

you can’t proc sacrament, last rites nor aspergillium while transformed via transform/shapeshift from druid class

you can’t basic attack while transformed, only use the spells you get…

i could record a video if anyone really wants it, but i’m not playing kToS anymore, so i won’t be recording more videos on my own before iToS

2 Likes

RIP my idea of mega fat (through hp attr) Chaplain-Druid, thanks for warning @Tomazelli

yeah, my druid dream was gone too :frowning:

Does bloodletting interrupt/cancels Out of Body?

I don’t think so, but can’t confirm. I remember seeing a video testing bloodletting and channeling skills that showed it does not tick damage to interrupt skills.

Bloodletting is not dot, it’s buff. So it won’t interrupt anything.

I wouldn’t waste 1 rank just for pardoner. Sure you can keep incineration up indefinitely, but don’t forget that each debuff adds 2 seconds to incineration. At least with my build that doesn’t have bokor/priest, I’m able to place 3 aoe debuffs onto enemies, summing up to 11 seconds.

Given most content is party oriented, you’ll have an extra 4-5 debuffs from your party, summing incineration to 19-21 seconds (that extra seconds doesn’t matter). Also, current endgame content like Earth Tower contains a ton of mobs that spawn in waves. Adding 20 seconds to Incineration to 5 monsters that your party will take care of (their DPS relative is yours), is just not worth class investment.

Disclaimer: I’m speaking with current endgame content in mind. This may change in the future. Also, if you’re going pardoner for more than just DE, like simony and spell shop, go for it. Then again, from what it seems with the current 30% tax and the cost of materials to make the scrolls itself, it doesn’t seem worth it to get up to Pardoner C2, which MAY change if they buff pardoners

I’ll also be placing my build for every 5 posts I make in this thread starting now:

Description of my decisions on top of build within link.

Disclaimer 2: I’m not telling everyone to follow my build, it’s used for a general guideline on why some skills should be taken and how they should be combined together etc. Feel free for constructive feedback.

Although it is the best choice as of now imo, if you don’t want PD, go for 2 Druid for DPS and party support. Clerics that can do that are highly wanted at endgame content.

Pardoner is not for incineration only. It increases duration of every debuff you have on your target and you can further spread it with Pandemic (though I’m not sure if skills spread have increased duration).

Hi guys,

Help me about this build.

1- What lvl sacrament and blessing would be good for this build ?

2- About status, what should i lv up? CON 2 INT 3 SPR 1?

3- Are you recomend krivis 1 for this build or i replace krivis for cleric 3?

3- If i get Krivis, is Daino lvl 5 or 4?

4- Is good Aspersion in high lvl? What lvl should i up?

Any idea why so many ktos clerics don’t go for chaplain in the standard pd build? Most of the ones I’ve seen on YouTube take krivis instead

is this a good build?

the only circle i would not mind changing is druid c1, so if anyone could suggest anything, or if im best off with druid c1. im not looking into changing anything else, but if my build is terrible, then ill see what i can do. but for now, im looking at that druid c1 replacement. like mayber bokor 2, or cleric 3, or krivis 1 or sadhu 3

Because chaplain is only good for autoattackers.

Sadhu3 and Cleric3 not worth it usually. Your best bet is probably druid, but bokor 2 is also good, especially for PvP.

is this a good build?

or anyone have idea for cleric full support build?