Tree of Savior Forum

The brazilian situation and the shout chat

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

why bother is international server where the community will demand and expect you to speak in English, when there is a official BR server in Portuguese?

1 Like

why do people have so much hate in their hearts? So much S H I T going on around the world, can’t we just sit and play the game with some joy?

Great minds discuss ideas
average minds discuss events
small minds discuss people

@leowow

so what is your suggestion to those brazillians not willing to behave in international games?

Ausrine server was made in iCBT2 because of the constant negative backlash between the english speaking community and the those brazillian players.

English isn’t that hard for brazilians, trust me. My English is broken because I learned by myself (playing games and watching movies) but it came naturally because it’s so damn simple and is always in our day-to-day, on product packaging or movies, you end up simply absorbing much of the language. Portuguese has a million rules, and a single sentence sometimes need far more words than a sentence in English, basically… because everything is simplified in English.

I always meet people who say they learned English by playing games, so yeah, it’s not so hard to try :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

NECROMANCERS!!

And word crimes.

Using your first language isn’t disrespectful. Xenophobia, racism and spam are (and no, I’m not talking about Brazilians).
If you are in party and don’t understand your mates, just leave.
Bad behavior doesn’t have a nationality, it comes from everywhere.
The arguments against Brazilian sometimes reach a disgusting level of racism an xenophobia.
I will not say sorry for some Brazilian spam, because no one is “sorry” for the xenophobic and racist hoax created years ago about the BR community.

3 Likes

Please, read this words:
“Espera, mas existe algum problema em escrever na língua natal ? No sentido de tomar ban ou ter o tópico apagado ? Não faz sentido em um jogo que será totalmente internacional, não podem condenar quem não entende inglês, acredito que a maioria dos brasileiros que jogam sabem ao menos o básico. É obrigatório escrever em inglês no fórum ?” It is not easy , right? This language is complicate, but we don’t care, everywhere has troll , not only Brazilians. Please, respect all players and ban the trolls.

You say this but you don’t see masses of people wanting a separate server or publisher for other languages in the international version do you? There is a reason for this and it isn’t xenophobia.

There is a reason even some BR don’t like to play on BR-only servers. I have my theories but I’m still confident the reason has nothing to do with other nations and everything to do with Brazil.

Exactly. Poor education, lots of rude brazilian kids.

But it’s not that all the problems start here. We are not the people who take down servers or bot most of the time. We are not the most racist or xenophobic people. We are not know as the toxiest community by professional players. Or course these don’t get as clear as someone spamming the shout chat in portuguese. Yes, spam is a big BR problem and is really annoying. What more? Believe me, I would be happy if they got suspended for that.

I’m tired of being blamed for everything. Yesterday it was 6am and a guy was crying in the forum saying it was OUR fault that the game got delayed. Scary enough he got some likes. Most brazilians were sleeping for hours, we had very few of us online while this was burning the most.

People don’t get that our problem is mostly spam and some rude kids. There are much worse problems running around that aren’t our fault.

2 Likes

I’m a brazilian as well and I don’t agree in one bit with the OP. Ofc, all theses ofenses and xenophobia makes me angry but i can also see why those are happening.
God, it’s all about common sense. It’s a international community and we must speak at a language that most folks will be able to understand. If by any chance a brazilian wants to chat in portuguese, why not use personal messages or even other means like skype? Guys, just chill!

Seriously speaking, normally I just avoid saying that i’m brazilian since we GOT a ‘nice’ reputation which, as you can see, has been proved once again here by a few. Anyways… Just punish the spammers and trolls.

2 Likes

I’d fix it by simply labeling some server as “international”. There.

While I do speak English and Portuguese, I find it rude to express myself in a language where most people wouldnt understand. Better keep portuguese to party or guild chat.

Sometimes, it can be acceptable to speak any language other than english in public chats, as in a recruitment post (as long it is not a spam).

About community behavior, its arguments can go both ways. Some Brazilians are rude, some americans are rude as well… it is hardly a nation specific thing.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Brazillian, 17 years old.

I’ve been playing games ever since I was born, learned english by myself and everything that my teachers teached me in school I already knew.

The games that helped me get into english the most were Wonderking, MapleStory, Ragnarok and World of Warcraft.

I never enjoyed playing in BR servers ever since I played BMS (Brazil MapleStory) back in like 2006-2007

I hate the “BRBRBRBRBR” “HUEHUEHUE” things and disgusting jokes, I never liked them and I almost never socialize with BRs.

I never speak in portuguese in any game (except League of Legends which is the only game that I play in the BR server so I can play with friends from school, AND I HATE IT)

Most of my best friends are not BR and we always play games like PSO2, Blade n’ Soul and ToS in the future and I COMPLETELY REFUSE to play in the BR server.

This.
I can’t stand seeing people being xenophobic, but I always avoid Brazilian servers as well because there are many people who behave like spoiled children. This happens on any server, I agree, but at least the international servers becomes easier to find different people.

1 Like

there’s not going to be a problem since speakers are going to be in cash shop instead of just sold at vendor… I highly doubt there will be “huehuehue” spam in chat.

And it’s price increased compared to kobt :blush:

Solution:

Remove the megaphone item. Seriously. We can live without it. Or put some REALLY BIG limitations on how you can use the item.

You don’t want spam, and yet you’re giving the players the exact thing they need to spam (Brazillian or not), with no limitations. More brazillians in the game = more brazillian spam. SPECIALLY when you keep feeding the trolls, SPECIALLY after turning the “brazillian troll huehuehuehue” into a cultural trend.

And really, if the server really is “International”, people may speak in whatever language they fancy. The largest fanbase is brazillian, it’s only natural that Portuguese is seen in the chat. “Oh, but I’m from [insert non-Enlgish-speaking country here] and I communicate in English all the time”. Good for you, buddy. Most brazillians don’t have access to good English classes, the “mandatory” classes on public schools are terrible. If there is a large portuguese-speaking community in TOS, people will speak portuguese, since they are more confortable with it.

And really, most brazillians don’t want to play on the brazillian server because the company that will be responsible for it, Level Up! Games, completely ruined RO.

The server needs to have rules against profanity on shouts, and these rules must be enforced. Block brazillians who are using foul language, block ANYBODY that is spamming and/or using fould language.

And really, ANYONE can spam “HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHEUEHUEHUEHEUHEUEHUEHEUEHUEHEU BR”. No need to validate your passport for that.

1 Like

… your wall of text is “amazing”

and like I said before megaphone won’t be free it’ll cost TP to buy it (cash shop)

If you want to spam “HUEHUEHUE” by all means pay for it and do, I’m sure ppl won’t complain.

You act as if you WANT to be called an american. Canadians are part of NA, but a Canadian will slap the crud out of you if you call them an American.

Long and short is that the language evolved for the term ‘American’ to mean ‘From the USA’. You will have to get with the times.