Tree of Savior Forum

Templar Info from JP FGT

Some of you might be aware that the FGT for JP ToS happened yesterday with a group of 20-25 players. Most of the info that came out from the discussions and the info provided by KR guests are ones that we already knew about. Their CBT starts on Oct 1st and I’ll probably try getting into it for more testing.

One interesting tidbit from the reports that came out is that templar will be a rank 8 swordsman class. As we know already, they will be the only class that can make guilds. There may also be guild-only bosses introduced later on. With the recent class advancement change, would this mean that most swordsman players would want to go templar at some point? Note that this is under the assumption that their version will be pretty much the same as ours and we are not sure if templars are able to make guilds only for themselves or for other players as well. Also, since it’s still in beta, everything is subject to change of course.

Sources (taken at face value):
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/nyannkoro5884/blomaga/ar863289 (JP)
http://r7kamura.hatenablog.com/entry/2015/08/30/235609 (JP)

7 Likes

I’ve put ~400 hours into cleric thinking it will lead to Templar.

Thanks for this info, now to look into swordsman :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :sob:

11 Likes

Second link with listed years and months, last date… they are planning to release the game in 2016 at some undefined date.

How do you even get to jCBT? Or the players are already picked?

They plan to start registration for CBT on Aug 31st, which is today, but I still haven’t seen the page go up yet. No info on number of players nor IP blocking (very common for JP MMOs).

I don’t mind the IP block since we can circumvent it with VPN anyway haha, more interested on how to get on that CBT @.@

Oh wait, its on maintenance now! Should be up in one hour OwO

Hold on.

Templar is rank 8?

There are currently 6 ranks. 8 more classes will be added by OBT, that means rank 7. So if Templar is in OBT, did this indirectly confirm it as a hidden class? Or maybe there will be rank 8 before hidden classes begin.

so i guess we dont get more information till japan cbt is over.

Man i thought they drop a bomb with some nasty information ( the 8 classes which comes before obt).

indo cbt is just the same stuff with increased exp rate, nothing more :l

japan cbt is the one who will getting the new stuff XD

how can i join japan cbt? :smiley:

Welp, looks like I’ll be signing up for JCBT.

I can’t see this making it past CBT. No way will they limit guild creating to only 1 class and at such a high rank. Nobody is going to support this and that definitely includes me. I’m part of a large gaming community and I’m not putting in hundreds of hours to level a class I don’t even want just so I can make a guild for my community.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

^but they already have a money maker in their swordman tree

why put more?

on another side… make it templar exclusive only is a good idea, maybe they dont want too much unknown/unescesary guild with a member below 10 char inside it… or maybe worse

if you look into “nowadays” games or AAA or sandbox etc games… making guild is just too easy, reach lv X, need X money and voila… you have your guild, i mean… how lame is that

and we dont know yet what other skills the templar will have

1 Like

I dont think Templer will have special gvg skills. Simply because if it is so than every guild with a bunch of templer will win every gvg.

So in the end the Guild with more Templer will win the GvG

@neconis1990 Unless Templar guild skills work only with the guild they create. Then it’s perfectly fine, as every guild will have one.

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s crazy to restrict guild leadership to swordsmen only, and it would be pointless to have a guildmaking class if they just sell guild creation in place of an NPC.

If templar is a hidden class and they sell guild creation, at least we’ll get a huge circus over the discovery of it. It’ll be a letdown if it’s just an ordinary class, anyone can walk up to one and make a guild, and it doesn’t have any real impact on how guilds are built and operate. I was hoping templar would prevent having trivial guilds with hardly anyone in them. It’s not clear how they could separate the founder and leader roles without making it possible to make and sell guilds for other players. A cooldown would matter when the game is new, but later on we’d end up with alts making vanity guilds just to avoid wasting someone’s cooldown.

If the skills don’t stack, there’s no problem. Like if having 3 templars gives you the same buff as having 1, except you’re not dependent on that one guy to log in for every battle.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/13/1321bf8687a87957d32cd36e87b2448fe3918a6380fe7ae40b3984fd79bfc55c.jpg

8 Likes

Yay, I don’t want to be templar AT ALL, but now i’m kinda forced to. Smart and enjoyable.

This whole idea of one class guild is hideous, I don’t see the point (and no random guilds with 3 people in it are not a problem imo).

But now for creating my guild with all my friends (in this case something like 10+ people on release), I’m forced into a class I don’t want to make and even forced to get it to level max … Absurd ._. I hope this is changed because it makes no sense whatsoever

1 Like