Tree of Savior Forum

*** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

LOL dude! A Swordie losing a world boss against a mage!?!?! Dear Lord! That sounds ridiculous. D: So while we are Clerics, how are we gonna take our cubes? Only being carried by Mages and Archers? Awful! Not even a Corsair C2 buffed hitting as ■■■■ can’t get it? Damn.

See my last reply. You are not defending what you think you are defending.

…or maybe it lacks aggro skills because its not a tank? did you consider that?

My argument is clear. its that your argument is extremely weak. You acknowledge the lack of tank-like skills on a Swordsman, and yet you shoehorned it to the role of tank and only tank. you called your own BS out to be frank.

1 Like

I did think characters such as Corsair C2 or Fencers could deal lots of damage since they hit like a beast.

You are making empty arguments & clearly do not understand your classes main role. I will not indulge you further.

No, do go on. indulge me of my classes’s main role because i dont see it. Maybe you can explain it to me? Cause im obviously too stupid to get it. I have these abilities as my base: Thrust, Pain Barrier, Gung Ho, Concentrate, and Bash. Which of these skills screams im a tank? How many of them would you say are “Tank” skills? Nothing here increases my PDEF,HP, or MDEF, or enmity gain, so maybe IM missing something.

Ok since obviously abel cant indulge me, maybe someone else can? cause i wasnt aware MY role is to tank based off the skills i learned.

“b-but shin! what about your provoke attribute??” oh you mean that thing i have to spend money on? and that justifies my class role ? let me ask, does Wizard/Archer/cleric have to pay to be considered THEIR roles? didnt think so

3 Likes

im currently at lvl 250 with no pelt and mann, i give up no matter what your equip is , swordie is useless at late game without pelt… time to re roll luckily im a corsair. i max my flag buff and just use it for farming … save tons of silver and got items for my next char…

i dont think so… :slight_smile:

Lol just stick with your cleric knowledge you cleary dont know sht about swordman

The devs seem to disagree with you on this one as they have constantly buffed Swordsman damage in kTOS. We are getting these buffs after IMC makes more balances based on feedback from players. Feedback from players demand swordsman dps something the devs agree with. I don’t know what game you are playing but a lot of games have melee with high dps.

1 Like

Even people accept healer with only c1 cleric because they have heal since the first rank. Our first rank says nothing about tank.
Cleric can be a full support or dps with bokor and druid, and they can do their healing thing in the party just fine.
Yes we can be a tank, IF we wanted too. But reality, or the community, sucks and forces us to be one.

1 Like

Yikes… I didn’t know Swordsman was a non-starter without Peltasta.

My friend warned me, but I didn’t listen, because I enjoy playing Swordsman type classes. I haven’t played much though (just over Lv 100), but once I age a better feel for the game, I will see where it gets me (I don’t have great expectations given the current thread), but maybe this will change by the time get to the level ceilings.

If it hasn’t I guess I will just log to idle or roll another class that actually doesn’t suck in the end game.

Popcorn with salt anyone?

Yeah. Its call an assassin. Not a swordsmen clearly built to tank. An assassin doesn’t have absurd loads of life to make up for their ill choices instead they have high damage to play the risky card of chance.

Its clear 90% of this thread has no idea how to play their classes. Its even more apparent in every pug instance I join just how bad most of the player base is at forfilling their primary roles at no lack to the choices they were given.

What do your tiny minds think the massive HP pool was for? Do you some how believe the classes are built off competition to the others? NO. They are obviously based off simple synergy and its morons like you kids that are getting IMC to destroy a good game to shut your whining up.

I doubt your words. Instead it is possible they are going to make swordsmen god-tier and basically the only right choice after a period to make up of lack of understanding to the swordies that do not understand their class. To have an excessively high health pool to the extents of over 3x the amount any other class could even hope to achieve (more then doubling a clerics pool), As well as the ability to pull entire groups of mobs at no effort at all AND give them the dps of a mage/bow user. With a god-tier like that everyone will roll a swordie and only the new, newb, masochist? will play any other class.

What you failures are asking for is different then you understand. You aren’t asking for a swordsmen. You are asking for an assassin with the godlike ability to sustain damage equal to a tank.

Man, a lot of people here has stated that high hp is because we are the closest ones with mobs which is risky. I guess your eyes read it but too closed minded to understand. It’s not like the highest hp is the one who has to tank. If people just seeing hp amount then full con ele3 can be forced to do that? No.
If they leave sword condition like this, it is the same like nerfing clerics heal to the point where potions are much more reliable. More profit for alchemist if the condition is as broken as that.

Alright lets pretend the game is based off your foolish mind. “because you are the closest to the enemy” Alright so is my cleric. Are you going to say “because i can heal myself?” Because why waste time healing when I can have 3x the health pool & regen & higher dmg & pull & massive advantage and just use health pots from TP shop? Potions not reliable? Are you that broken? Now then I’ll refer you to my old advice. Go play the other classes and find yourself. You are not a swordsmen, merely an illusion of one.

High hp, pull enemies, and damage? Sounds like cryo 3 ice tree, snow rolling, link, and warlock combo with full con.

1 Like

Tell me. This your first game? Only game you’ve ever played? Never watched anime? or kept up on real life in the middle ages 1400’s -1800ish era’s which most game classes are based on? Because an assassin has always been mainly melee and they have worse hp pools then wizards but equal or higher dps. But seeing as you have thrown away your ability to learn, mature, advance or understand but could not prevent yourself from aging this was the result. An immature adult with the personality of a child.