Tree of Savior Forum

*** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

Type @Staff_name or @Staff_ then a name list will be shown tho I’m not sure who should be tagged
:sweat_smile:

People dont realize that if you give swordies same dps lategame as archers/wiz, then they will be op.

You can go:
Sword1>pelt1>dps1>dps2>dps3>dps4>dps5 and be able to: do as much damage as a full dps wiz/archer while also tanking and having utility.

We don’t want the same DPS, we want around 3/4 of it.

3 Likes

Exactly this. Also, how is that you are crying to balance swordies around that much, but you are not complaining about archer and wizard soloing the content which shouldn’t be soloed?

Now: “But these classes has these purposes.”

On otherhand if we say that basicly if we think about it, swordies should be able to do that too, it’s not ok, cause they shouldn’t have a damage to solo them? Ok, then you shouldn’t have the ability to kite/tank them.

So, either bring swordies to the same level or nerf other class to our level. Which one is better for you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw as a high risk class as shinobi, I do expect the same dmg as them. High risk, high reward.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Just gona post this here as well :relaxed:

Although I’m only a lvl229 Fencer with a c1 Peltasta, I still find it sad when ppl are only recruiting swordies for SwashBuckling and only Archer/Wiz as Dpsers for (Example Evacuation grind lvl230+ and others above). This pretty much disregarded those swordies who chose the pure Dps route and never picked SB c1 Peltasta. Even a mage which goes for full Con build would still easily find themselves in these parties since they could still deal decent dmg and provide good amount of Aoes/CC. But this would not be applied to swordies unless they have atleast c1 peltasta just to pull aggro and be the meatshield. This means most of the swordies are just stuck being a tank since those who even went to play as a pure melee Dps would’nt even deal as close compared to Archers or Mages. Besides, most of the mobs above 200 can’t be knockdown by Swordies let alone stun that is only based on those who went for Restrain or Barbarian which are not even as effective compared to Mages.

It’s understandable that Archers are the highest Dpsers since most of their classes are mainly offensive unlike Mage which can either strive for Support or Dpser build. This should be applied to Swordies as well since we have classes which allows us to either go Tank or full Dps as well. Although like I said pure Dps swordie build wont even reach Archer’s level nor even on par. Imo if Swordies are mainly made to Tank then what’s the point of creating such class diversities? Its suppose to be flexible where everyone should be able to choose the class which they like and not suffer in terms of gameplay.

Therefore imo, Tank Swordies are not too bad, just need some buffs for them to Tank magical damages. Meanwhile Pure Dps Swordies should be buffed to the point where it does not affect the rest of the Dps Classes yet provide useful damage/cc to the parties.(Maybe reducing even more hp/def/eva in return for higher dmg? Just a crap example) This is to balance out the party demands that’s currently being “unbalance”.
(Just voicing out my opinions, no offence to anyone). Cheers :innocent:

15 Likes

Tanking is possible but its not done in the usual tank and spank way, its more: Swashbuckling, stab things a few times, then dodge ■■■■ while party rekts the mobs, I don’t think your meant to sit and tank all this hits in tos. Even at level 50 or 90 dungeons, sitting there tanking 11+ mobs will get you killed unless your healer is on top of their game. For alot of mobs (with the except of mage mobs with those BS homing protectiles) you only need to move a few steps to dodge their attacks. They really need to remove the homing bullets from mage mobs though, especally if there is no way to block them or dodge them.

^This . . . .
/20 char

ok u guys need to tag the Staff xD so they can read this(if ur lucky)
@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

How do I tag them? Please let me know.

Gonna go ahead and gonna ping this dev for attention too
@hkkim

Please sir, look into the balancing swordsman problem. Thank you.

Just put a ‘@’ and their name

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @hkkim

Look over this thread and pass it on to the Devs. Swordsman jobs (all of them) need a serious rework, or a buff. All DPS swordsman are useless at levels around 200-220+ and no one wants us in a party without being tanks … and most require us to be Pelta C1. :confused: … We’re not doing 20K-30K damage like Archers and Wizards to be wanted in a group, and we’re getting smashed apart upclose as melee DPS even with heavily upgraded and geared equipment.

they even nerf swordsman in iToS. Cyclone and skyliner -.-

Why would they even nerf them? Did someone post how strong they are or some idiot complained about them then they got nerfed? Either way, Swordsman across the board (all jobs) need to be buffed to compete with other classes.

Cylone and skyliner DID NEED A NERF

They were skills that were way better then all the other attack skills out there for swordsman. Allowing us to do similar dps to other dps classes.

Tho sitting there spamming skyliner allday was pretty boring, same with cyclone.

You say that as if swordsman doing comparable dps to other classes is a bad thing…

1 Like

why buff a first job? they are not underpowered they are how they should be. should brand new swordsman jump into the game and put one point on bash to have 550 atk power, aoe ratio 10, and 100% chance to knockdown? don’t think so.

the other circles is what makes your character more powerful, if your advancing past a first job/circle to c2/c3, you will not be powerful you will be lacking in certain things… matter fact none of the swordsman attacking skills scale properly dmg wise even at level 15 the skills is still weak compared to other circles at c1. im sure everyone on here was aware of that but was still inclined to go swordsman c2 for that stun… but was it worth it? don’t think so.

lately i’ve been seeing topics about swordsman regretting their build so much end game… do some of you even put proper thought into that build? or do you just get a cookie cutter build off tosbase?

1 Like

I think you are misunderstanding the conversation. its not swordsman as in c1 swordsman…its the whole archetype.

1 Like

This makes me curious of how can I level without peltasta c1, is that really hard to level above 200+ without party? Looking for a random partymate itself also takes time. I wanna solo my way till max level coz I believe Sm can kill anything without help of other class.

1 Like