Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Token price reduction compensation

In short, deliberately being stubborn.

I should really do the same as what A1mighty said,

198TP token for 500k silver
vs
99TP token for 500k silver

So what exactly did they lose again?

This is why Iā€™m telling you to learn about the laws of supply and demand. Oh lord ā€¦ this is just basic economics for peteā€™s sake ā€¦

With tokens being retardedly cheap on the cash shop, supply on market will drastically increase. With increased supplies, prices will eventually get lower UNLESS thereā€™s actually an extremely huge demand for tokens that people would actually buy a 99 TP item for 500k.

Iā€™m at my limits, my head hurts. Gonna sleep.

iā€™m fairly aware that IMC doesnt listen to the reason. And i can prove it.

Iā€™m also not waiting for any change just because they already announced the way they will be doing it. Backtracking on that will be not understood by community. I was just expressing my opinion but found out that tons of people on forum have severe reading comprehension problems.

I am also aware that people like free stuff and suggesting anything that will partially take that away will always generate negative reaction no matter how logical or reasonable your suggestion is. Thats just human nature.

1 Like

You know if they refund the original Token owners 99 TP. It would literally mean they bought the Token for 99TP before the price change and sold it for silver. Refunding only the Tokens that are bought from the TP shop by the original owner is extremely fair.

Refunding the people who own Tokens after buying it using silver is actually very strange, there is fairness, but it benefits RMT so hard. Defending the current refund is very difficult unless you support RMT.

3 Likes

That implies that IMC has logs of all TP shop purchases which i doubt they have. Else it would have been the most logical way to do it.

It wouldnā€™t have been neither logical nor fair.
Again, think about supply and demand.
If they costed less to begin with, we would have had an higher supply compared to the one weā€™ve got now. And an higher supply with the same demand inevitably lower prices.
Thinking that people would have bought them at the same silver price if the TP price was halved from the start is economically nonsensical.
If they want to compensate someone for the changes, the only ones that deserve it are the end users of those tokens. Whether they got it themselves or via market doesnā€™t matter, in that regard. Either they paid 198 TP and got the token effect for that price, or they paid a silver value that depended on tokens having a 198 TP price. In both cases, if a compensation is given, it must be given to them.
Giving it to people that sold tokens would be nonsensical. They already profited from tokens having a 198 TP cost, as the market prices would have been lower otherwise. Again, thatā€™s basic economics, like it or not.

1 Like

I agree with your idea @nizidr, when I first saw the way they would be performing compensations being advertised I thought it was a joke.

I for example didnā€™t use any TP with in game cash items yet but I have 4 tokens bought through silver with my in-game farming. So basically Iā€™m receiving 396 TP for no reason at all. This should be a compensation for people that spent TP to buy tokens and not people who merely have tokens in their pockets.

Not just that but the fact they advertised HOW they would perform the compensation before actually doing itā€¦ Thatā€™s god awful. I imagine many people now are actually buying tokens through silver to earn those pesky 99 extra TPs. This compensation idea feels like an opportunity to abuse an inverse RMT system: Trade in-game silver for TP points.

People who have token monopoly right now will be made even richer. Iā€™m pretty sure RMT sellers will be using this dumb compensation system IMC advertised to earn even more TP so they can waste it in enchant scrolls to sell absurdly enchanted headgears later (or w/e they plan to do with free TP points).

Neither compensations (yours or IMCā€™s) are completely fair, but IMCā€™s compensation idea is much more open to abuse than yours.

I agree with @Loonie on that part.

Those who are into RMT bought silver at a much lower cost than the gameā€™s TP-to-silver value at that time and could have hoarded a lot of tokens with that silver. That means they already have indirectly purchased TP at half the cost.

A simple solution to this is just to double the 30-day TP shop tokens that everyone currently have but make them untradeable (the compensation tokens only). This way RMTers will not gain additional TP at all, and no one probably cares if they get a lifetime supply of untradeable tokens.

Though not right, maybe it was just easier for IMC to compensate in TP form instead.

I donā€™t agree with OPā€™s suggestion though about compensating just those who have tokens that were directly purchased via TP and donā€™t include ones purchased via market. Not everyone are into RMT and a lot of people actually worked hard to earn the silver for buying those tokens.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s kinda tricky.

If only RMTers were out of the question, it would make sense to compensate with either TP or even silver - the latter though might be difficult to backtrack knowing how volatile the market is the past few weeks.

1 Like

Loonieā€™s method is obviously the fairest but itā€™s impossible due to the fact IMC probably doesnā€™t have precise logs of TP items sales (as @nizidr stated before).

I would be upset too, but if you did that for a token you donā€™t even want thatā€™s a clear example of you trying to abuse the system to earn TP through silver.

This should be a compensation for token TP price changes, not a TP giveaway parade.

Furthermore, if IMC gives tons of TPs to everyone they will be losing out money on the future because people will have less need to buy TP packs for real cash.

You may think that then the supply was halved for that time then, but did you think that the supply of Token was really that high naturally? Right before F2P with the 50% founder pack, the cheapest one included 380TP and a 30 day Token. The bots most likely purchased Tokens to cut their losses by selling them on the market. This also creates the illusion that TP to silver is cheap and RMT becomes over valued.

Refunding original spenders as close as possible is the best solution no matter what. In the end youā€™re only giving more value for their real money spent, which is the whole point of reducing the TP value of Tokens.

snipping my post bc my opinion on this is actually not worth the effort.

1 Like

I think that the exploiters where banned and their unsold tp/token was gone with them.
However The already sold tokens where not deleted as they canā€™t punish player who bought their token in a fair way

buyer -> fair;
seller -> unfair;
canā€™t punish buyer for seller actions.

there was an announcement somewhere, sorry for not linking as I donā€™t know exactly where it is.

edit:

I agree with this, the problem is changing their mind after the announcement.

Iā€™ll see if I can find it.

@yeule Please let your post there it is worth.

1 Like

I saw a TOS reddit that the exploit was a hoax, and the prove they provided was only client side. Meaning you see the Tokens but they donā€™t actually exist server side and itā€™s just junk.

Here got it for you @yeule

I liked your post, not worth the effort is deleting it after the time you spent to write.

1 Like

Yes it is. I just gave you an example for myself: Never spent a single TP and still earning extra 396 TP points. Howā€™s that not generating new TP for me?

And yes, it is generating new TP even on the global view of population. There were tons of tokens being generated through DLC exploits (so tokens adquired for free) that will now be converted into more TP.

If this compensation is given out, IMC will witness a sudden drop of sales of all DLC packs. People will have extra TP to use and the necessity to buy more packs will cease to exist.

Howā€™s that not unfair to you? A selected few rich people getting way richer and the poorer staying as they are:

F2P players who bought token through silver in game and used their token wonā€™t get any compensation because they donā€™t have token in their pocket anymore (so they arenā€™t getting anything).

Youā€™re just thinking of your own situation alone, but forgetting to see the whole scenario.

Youā€™re right, they are. I mustā€™ve skipped that part when reading the announcement.

But still, it doesnā€™t invalidate the other arguments Iā€™ve stated.

1 Like

just a whim but, wonā€™t it be a lot ezier if they just check those who have ā€œTRADABLEā€ tokens and compensate them?
screw the tokens currently being in used.

1 Like

I only see that some people just win the bet and some lose

Happen all the time in stock market

Suck i know but that how things are

2 Likes