Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Token price reduction compensation

I felt like this idea deserves topic of its own instead of being buried elsewhere.

I think that blanket compensation system is stupid because it doesnt compensate those who should have been compensated.

So here is my suggestion of how compensations should have been handled (IMO):

1. Check player’s account if he has bought any DLCs
  2. Calculate maximum amount of TP he would have had from those.
  3. Subtract what he currently has.
  4. Divide by old token price (198) to determine possible amount of bought tokens, round it down. Result will be personal compensation cap for that player.
  5. Check if player’s team has any amount of tokens or active token benefits
  6. if he has less or equal number of tokens than amount got in (4) then compensate every token.
  7. if he has more then compensate only up to the personal cap amount.

That algorithm compensates spenders (Those who spent money on DLC’s) instead of hoarders.

@STAFF_Ines

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

11 Likes

I suggest to re-read what i wrote.
Founders (those who bought DLCs) will get compensated ONLY if they have Tokens themselves but wont be compensated over the limit they could have bought. Double compensation is impossible.

On contrary why would person that spent silver to buy token(s) from the market (that means that he agreed with the price at the time of purchase) be compensated with TP they never had?

4 Likes

3 Likes

that is exactly what my system compensates:

those who has spent 198 TP on token AND STILL HOLD onto them. Those who sold them will get nothing because they already got their compensation in form of silver.

The value of tokens on the market is a reflection of how much they cost in the TP shop.
I’m still on my package tokens, but if I had bought a >500k token only for imc to announce the next day that token tp price is going to half, thus effectively dropping the price in the market, I wouldn’t be happy to know that people were getting extra tp for their dlc but I get nothing for my extra spent silver. IMC is directly interfering with a user market here so the current system is fair.

Besides I don’t see why you’re even so bitter about the idea of some people getting doing which is basically a silver=tp conversion. Considering the most reliably best thing in the tp shop right now is the tokens themselves anyway.

1 Like

Market prices dont matter. Sellers got their silver they deemed their tokens were worth.
Buyers shouldn’t get compensated: there is nothing to compensate - they were content with prices at the moment of purchase.

So the only players that should get compensation are those who could have spent TP on Tokens and still hold the tokens. With a reasonable limit to compensation.

[quote=“zlomegalz, post:8, topic:280148”]
If so it just sounds like you regret selling the Tokens in the first place…
[/quote]You are free to think whatever you want.

[quote=“zlomegalz, post:8, topic:280148”]
Anyone holding a Token is going to be compensated so that’s a moot point.
[/quote]I’m not entirely against it. Its just feels like its poorly thought out and lazy/irrational way to do it.

IMO IMC shoots itself in the foot with blanket compensation - they will get less revenue that way.

You realize that exact argument applies to real money buyers. They were all content with the prices at the moment they purchased the dlc as well. So no one should get compensated by your logic, is that what you’re arguing here?

[quote=“OtterTamer, post:10, topic:280148”]
is that what you’re arguing here?
[/quote]If you carefully re-read my suggestion it should become apparent who should get compensated and how much they should get. I think its rational and logical way to do it.

Carefully re-read your latest post though

now let me add three letters to that

Now, tell me how those three letters invalidate the above post.

Oh my god, can you even comprehend what is being argued here?

OP says: People holding to a Token should only be compensated with real money (TP) if they could have bought said token with real money (TP) in the first place. Otherwise, hoarders will be benefited, and real money spenders will not.
You keep saying: LOLZOR NOPE U SOLD IT AND WANT COMPENSATION FOR SOMETHING ALREADY SOLD LOLOLOLOL

For ■■■■’S SAKE, OP never said someone should get compensated for stuff they sold, OP is saying that people shouldn’t get compensated for stuff they didn’t spend real money in. Have you seen those SS where people have 30 tokens or more? On the current compensation mode, they’ll get 3K TP for tokens they DIDN’T PAY REAL MONEY FOR.

Get it? GET IT?

PEOPLE HOARDING 30 TOKENS PAID NO MONEY, ONLY SILVER, AND WILL GET REAL MONEY FOR THINGS THEY DIDN’T PAY.

You keep arguing and arguing as if OP is regreting selling tokens when they costed more, when what OP is saying is people who didn’t pay real money for a Token shouldn’t get compensation, and neither should people who sold Token for silver

He never said he wanted to take the sale back, he never said he regretted and he never said people who sold their Tokens should be compensated.

I will repeat:

OP IS SAYING PEOPLE WHO DIDN’T PAY REAL MONEY FOR TOKENS SHOULDN’T GET COMPENSATED WITH REAL MONEY

THIS IS NOT OP’S LOGIC AT ALL, FOR ■■■■’S SAKE, LEARN READING COMPREHENSION OR GTFO

1 Like

Market or silver is irrelevant.

[quote=“OtterTamer, post:13, topic:280148”]
Now, tell me how those three letters invalidate the above post.
[/quote] Well, IMC could have gone without any compensations whasoever and those added 3 letters would have been true (and incited a shitstorm on forums and other media). They decided to go through with compensation and i’m only agruing about way they decided to so it, not the compensation itself.

Thanks, i hope bold capital letters work better than trying to reason with him.

1 Like

You failed to provide any good reason as to why you are arguing about the way they decided to do the compensation.
You’re strangely insistent on the fact that people who bought tokens with silver shouldn’t get TP, but you can’t give any reason as to why real money spenders should get said compensation and silver spenders shouldn’t. Other than “I don’t want someone to have a load of TP” Which is just spite more than rationale.

Any reason you can give for not giving market buyers the TP you can apply to the DLC buyers
Any reason you can give for giving DLC buyers the TP you can apply to the market buyers

The only way to be fair about it, is to make it an all-or-nothing deal. Personally I prefer the all approach

1 Like

Sorry for potentially turning your thread into a flamewar, nizi. I get what amounts to a panic attack when I see people missing the point so hard and criticizing what they think they understood. :disappointed_relieved:

I said from the start people were morons for selling their tokens so cheap…
Now here they are crying and bitching like a buncha jackasses.

3 Likes

Reason is because i feel they just went the lazy way doing this.

[quote=“OtterTamer, post:17, topic:280148”]
You’re strangely insistent on the fact that people who bought tokens with silver shouldn’t get TP, but you can’t give any reason as to why real money spenders should get said compensation and silver spenders shouldn’t. Other than “I don’t want someone to have a load of TP” Which is just spite more than rationale.[/quote]
A few definitions:
compensation [kɒmpɛnˈseɪʃ(ə)n] - something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss
TP - a proxy currency for real money.

Now:
why would a player get compensated with real money that he never had. There were no loss of TP for them to compensate (there is no loss to compensate).