Tree of Savior Forum

Profession (Life Job) system

So yeah… I know. Production type of life jobs are quite melted into the basic class system and I’m not against it but it still restricts the game a bit to have a different style of gameplay for everyone. Anyway I still feel like there is a way to make something similar.

Let’s see… So what I want is a side gameplay that can be as engaging and profitable as fighting/grinding but still different but on the other hand still not a must-do thing.

Now we have Squire, what is quite a chef and a blacksmith melted together, Alchemist that is a potion maker and strenghten weapons too, the scroll maker/bit merchant like Pardoner and Fletcher who makes arrows. So we can’t really have these as side professions. But I still feel like we have some options that wouldn’t be that off… my only problem is with Classes I don’t know about yet but let’s not think about them now.

The system ( It’s a bit late and I started to call these life jobs just professions. So Classes are the classes we have and Professions are the life jobs I made. Just to be clear )

-The side professions would have different lvl than base level or class level. I was thinking about if you would be able to have more than one profession and I think right now I would allow it but in that case all of them would have different levels so you should work on them separately if you want to.

-Actually professions would be non-crafting life jobs. Because these aren’t crafting jobs it can mean you still somewhat have to engage in combat.

-Mostly these professions wouldn’t help in combat or just in an indirect way.

-Professions would level up by using its skills not with exp from monsters. Profession skills would still have levels too just like normal skills and you get 1 skill point with every profession level.

-Participate in Profession tasks mostly would provide Base Exp and Money.

-If you reach higher level in your profession your profession master would give you a uniform. You wouldn’t get it in the beginning it would be some kind of reward. :smiley: Uniforms would be a bit different maybe for the 4 basic classes.

The Professions

-Merchant

Merchants would be able to buy goods at trading posts in towns and take them in a cart to another town and sell them for a higher price to make profit. (Commerce) Be aware that bandits and monsters can attack you during commercing.

Merchants would have carts for carrying trading goods ( and put wandering merchant goods in it ). You can’t use it as a storage place. It’s only for merchant stuff.

Skills:
-Discount: Would let you buy trading goods cheaper to have bigger profit when you selling them. (Only works on trading goods and Wandering Merchant goods)
-Cart Weight: Would determine how much trading goods you can carry in your cart.
-Cart Speed Boost: Would determine your movespeed with carts.
-Coin Flip: You play heads or tails with bandits. If you win bandits will let you go. With higher level you have higher chance to win.
-Wandering Merchant: A bit wild idea of mine… Maybe wouldn’t work as good or would be totally useless dunno. So the idea is that you could set up a shop on any fields but you could only sell wandering merchant goods. The point of this skill is that other people shouldn’t come out from dungeon/fields to buy stuff from npcs. So wandering merchant goods would be items that npcs sell and you can buy cheaper from them. The trick is that these goods go into your cart and you can’t use them yourself and when you sell them you can only sell them for their pre-set normal npc prices. So your profit would be that you bought it a bit cheaper.

First I was thinking about it as an offline skill but maybe it could be online too. Like you would wandering around with your cart and ppl could stop you to see your goods and maybe they could be able to sell their junk to you too but that makes it a bit more complicated that I don’t want to go into.

It’s almost 2AM here and I’m not even sure now what am I writing so I stop this one here and I think about it more tomorrow.

-Explorer/Archeologist
This profession would be about exploring stuff. Finding treasures that you can sell for profit. Maybe they could find/enter hidden tresure dungeons. There could be treasure maps that you should figure out yourselff where it leads. Solve puzzles. Translate ancient texts.

-Scientist
Scientist would examine the living enviroment. (not sure about this yet but I’ll come up with something XD )

-Breeder/Tamer
They could tame and breed monsters to sell them.

-Fisherman
They would go fishing to diferent parts of the world. There should be some exciting fishing (not afk) mini games. You could sell your fishes to towns for profit.

So yeah I only kinda finished the Merchant and I just hope the forum will let me edit my post tomorrow because it’s too late for me to continue it. XD NVM Those who read it… you can see where my silly ideas would go and what I would like to see in the game. You can give me better profession ideas that I should try to make or make better profession ideas yourself or just tell me it’s a bad idea in general. :blush:

12 Likes

-Politician
Corruption Skill: Can steal 0.01% of their money per level from your guild mates or guild alliances. And they receive an item wich they can steal 0.50% of your money. I don’t know if this can work but is just a concept.

Alliance Skill: You need at least 10 politicians to sign an alliance with another guild.

Enmity Skill: You need at least 10 politicians to sign war with another guild.

Parliament Skill: You can open 1 guild votation once a week (expel/punish/degrade/promote).

Subterfuge/Inmunity Skill: You can enter in a guild castle without being killed and unable to attack for 1 minute and random seconds hidden counter, later that you will be teleported to castle entrance. And each enemy char on your sight was buffed with 5% atk and def for 2 minutes. Once each war of course.

Assasination Skill: You can hire an assasin NPC to kill someone, once each war. Cost: EXP or Money.
Duration of Death: 1 minute. Kill delay: 2 minutes.

Double Skill: You can hide any guild member and swap name with him in order to avoid an assasination, once each war. Cost: EXP or Money. Duration: 5 minutes.

Espionage Skill: You can trade information with one enemy guild member for money once each war, like who is the real guild leader.

And the uniform:

My 2 cents :joy: if i get more ideas i will include them in this post.

4 Likes

I don’t wanna bash the idea…the more i think of it the more i like it tho…i loved the merchants in Ragnarok - sitting on the fields and buying your loot or selling potions/other needed stuff.

This way some people who may not like to “combat” got a funny role in this game too.

Like a Merchant whos vending stuff is getting exp/h without having to fight…and some bonus exp through other ways i can’t think of right now.
A fisherman obviously by catching fishes…duh xD

Explorer - having a skill wich allows him to run through any kind of mobs without getting aggro or any damage - got a limit per day and can be toggled on/off - he can detect hidden treasures on the field/dungeons wich spawn by RNG - or even find artefacts wich can summon field bosses for friends.

Machinist wich can control the defensive systems of castles in GvGs or power them up (somehow…) like huge golems and he can sit in them and destroy attacking players! wohooo
Or shoot them in mega laser cannons! wohooo x2

1 Like

Imo it’s not a bad idea, it’s just a system that I think should be added in a future update. It requires work and can’t be rushed or will end up not being fun at all.

I won’t give any ideas because i’m pretty bad at it so i’ll leave this to you guys hahahaha.

PS: Replied to your post like a champ using my cellphone, do you know how hard it is to quote stuff on a phone’s screen? Nailed it hahahaha!

Sounds almost like a scout with cloaking and scan

Remembering maplestory professions :smile:

The merchant thing is like a combination of commerce from AA and RO.

Fishing is good if there are other use of fish other than selling it to npc. Like making it a material for cooking, maybe in the near future when you can put a pot in campfires and cook for the party that boost some stats for a certain amount of time

that too is kinda already in the game,used by the squire

That was glorious lmao 10/10 will read again

Thanks ahahhaha, updated politician life job :joy: i hope to think on another class tomorrow :grin:

I were against professions, until you placed Merchant as the first, also, the skills seems to be related to Ragnarok Online.
Edit:. Major necro…

1 Like