Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

You shouldn’t need to invest into CON anymore after rebalance since everyone will have high enough HP without it (and with gears)!

Your build is the same as the top build in KToS except instead of Chrono3 you opted for Sorc2Runecaster. I think it works, but if you swapped Sage for Necro you would have an easier time clearing mobs in dungeons with temple shooter. Expect long cooldowns though.

Yes, it does. Field bosses are a lot easier to kill now, and rerolling cubes is so cheap now that everyone should be rerolling twice and getting 3 items per cube. I don’t see how you can say this improvement doesn’t matter.

Field bosses are also not meant to be a solo player thing. Play with a party of 5 and if someone from your party gets top DPS, suddenly you have 15 chances of getting the card.

Also, after rebalance you are guaranteed a cube if you’re the first to damage the field boss. If you’re really that skeptical about the card showing up in market, then you can camp one of the spawn locations with a megaphone, make sure youre first to damage the boss, and then announce it’s there for others to kill it.

On a final note, I don’t think it’s necessarily a flaw to make the good items in a game rare/hard to attain. The rarity makes it that much more special/unique to get to control one of the strongest bosses in the game. They made Temple Shooter accessible, so why can’t the other good cards be a challenge to get?

Ehhh, you get so much defense while riding that you don’t really notice yourself getting hit. You’re also immune to CC.

Some weeks ago when I decided to use at least Necro 1 on my build with the KToS changes I found a thread with a player complaining that the decay debuff wasn’t getting Templeshooter’s damage doubled:

Did the Templeshooter’s autoattack get any change since June 2016? Sadly I don’t have any Necro friend online now to test it :frowning:

Yes, I’m a current Sorcerer/Necro, I should know. :slight_smile:

Recently (a couple months?), all summons have attack types added to their attacks. This includes things like strike damage getting double damage with attributed lethargy and missile damage getting boosted by decay.

Very true. lol

Well, this was done at 6:10 am in the morning, so I was very very tired (woke up at 4pm today haha). But yes necros decay does boost sorc devil temple shooter too since its missile damage. I will add that now so people who read it know.

I agree, but if your 3 or 4 skeles target one mob that link will break in a few secs. Linker fits sorc better than necro because sorc only has two summons that hit slow (not including necro skills). Necro can use the link but its better using it with your own skills, not the summons. You will have too many out (9) and a few of them could target one mob making the link break fast (those skeles attack really fast too). If you didn’t have your skeles out then yes link will be very good, but when you use the link skill on the mobs your summons will hit them before you start casting your flesh cannon skill. You would have to try to get a head start on linking the mobs and using your flesh cannon before your summons start hitting the mobs. For people with necro3 it will be worse because now there are 14 summons out. That link will break in 3-5 secs. I just feel like you will lose some dps when you cast your flesh cannon because the link will already have less hits on it from your summons. Why have a summon hitting 2-3k damage per hit on the link and taking the number down to 7 - 9 hits when those 7 - 9 hits can each be 10 - 25k from you? That’s losing quite a bit of dps. :confused: It just makes it annoying to rush the link skill and use your own skills before the skeles get in and hit that link. Summons just eat those link hits. :hamburger:

@flavi0ishtar

Ya, you would benefit most from cyro and pyro skills with summons out. The ice tree can pull those mobs in and your devil AoE hit them and summons gang up on them too. Need to read more on the freeze effect. That might increase summon damage a bit if defense gets lowered. Cyros dps is pretty good too. :grin:

That’s really all you use… :sob:

And as Valentine says [quote=“Valentine, post:1982, topic:188142”]
Yes, Temple Shooter’s Auto Attack and its rapidfire skill (S key for keyboard users) is missile. Damage gets doubled with decay.
[/quote]

This is why temple shooter is too good compared to other cards. This is a problem and forces people to use the card for more dps.

Both those builds are good. Pyro has continuous damage and Cyro has freeze and pull effects that help your summons hit mobs around them. Just remember you will be hopping on and off the devil a lot if you want to use the devil skills and your own skills. Sorc does really well with link too. With devil burst damage and bats on link (hit very hard).

They still have the defense boost? I thought they decreased or took it off? :flushed:

I saw a video of a person that was almost same lv as mobs and her hp was dropping so fast and her gear was okay. Wait…nvm she did 2:1 Int/Spr so she wasn’t getting the max defense from going full Spr…hmmmmm… idk still unsure about this. :sob:

Yes.

Are you talking about this?

I think they might have removed this since I tested it myself and strike damage was unchanged even on frozen enemies.

Hmmm, interesting. Glad they didn’t change it then. :grin:

Ya, that. Seems it doesn’t do anything other than freeze them now. *sigh…

going full SPR with a build like cryo3sorc1necro3 is the best way to let your summons full dmg right? but If I wanna use flash cannon + strike to damage mobs as well, should I go for like 2 spr 1 int or 3 spr 1 int and the dmg of my summons could still be good ?

1 Like

Yup, you will be benefiting from Spr the most by having more summons out. A 2:1 Spr/Int build should work fine with that. As long as you are adding some Spr you should be fine. :grin:

You will also get the chance to test the build out when we get the event, so you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you @Ironheart and @Valentine for always answering so well all my questions, I would be very lost without your guidance :smiley:

After a lot of thinking, I’ve came up with these 2 builds:

I’ve never played or looked for information about Necromancer or Cryomancer, so it’s all new to me and there is a lot of information to assimilate, so I have some questions about both classes:

NECROMANCER

1. SHOGGOTH LV1~2 - I’ve seen a lot o builds and most of them just pick Shogghoth lv 1 or 2 not lv 5, why most people do that? I’m going to play as a summon class, shouldn’t it be a good idea to invest all 5 lvs on Shoggoth?

2. CORPSE TOWER AND DIRTY POLE - Is it worth to invest on Corpse Tower and Dirty Pole? In my first option of build I’ve just left both of them aside and in the other one I’ve put 1 point in each, but I’m not really sure if it’s a good idea since TS benefits from Decay, but Shoggoth is already doing its job with decay and Corpse Tower doesn’t seem like a good summon since it hits really slow and only one target at time, I’m really confused about these two skills :confused:

3. FLESH HOOP - What about Flesh Hoop? I’ve put 9 points in one build and 10 in the other one because it seems like a good DPS source in theory, but what about it in practice?

CRYOMANCER

1. GUST AND ICE BLAST - I’ve been doing some research and I can’t find enough information to make my mind about Cryo Skills, just seeing some videos I’ve thought that Gust and Ice Blast aren’t exactly skills I would want in my build, 'cause I would want the enemies to be frozen and not unfreeze them, right? Hahahahahah

2. SUBZERO SHIELD - Maxing Subzero Shield seems like an obvious choice since I’ll get more defense and my summons can do their job without me worrying about being hit, right? xD

3. ICE BOLT - This one doesn’t seem like a usefull skill to invest more than 1 point or am I wrong? D:

4. ICE PIKE OR ICE WALL - I need to decide between 9/15 or 15/9 Ice Pike/Ice Wall but I can’t really decide because I’'ve never played as Cryo, so I can’t really say which one would be more usefull for Necro2/Sorc2, any guess?

I can’t wait for tomorrow update to test all these options but I haven’t reach rank 8 yet, so It’ll be just a glimpse of what any of these builds can be :confused:

Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language :frowning:

No worries, I play both Cryo and Necro.

Necromancer

Shoggoth level 2 is needed for the Shoggoth Decay attribute. You’ll want that. But you definitely don’t need Shoggoth to be level 5, 2 is enough (use a Gray Golem Card in your necronomicon, he has close to 200k hp at 1 star).

Dirty pole isn’t that bad of a skill if there’s a linker, but you probably won’t be using it that much so it’s up to you whether or not you want one point in it. Some people like corpse tower, others don’t. I think you should test this skill for yourself…If I had to choose, I would put one point in dirty pole and the rest into corpse tower.

Just max flesh hoop (level 10) because there’s nothing else better. Flesh hoop’s hits are slow, and it disappears after a certain number of hits, so you won’t really be able to use it for a mob of monsters. It’s still good for extra DPS against bosses if you’re close to the boss.

Cryomancer

My suggested point allocation:
Ice Bolt: 1
Ice Pike: 9
Ice Wall: 10
Ice Blast: 15
Snow Rolling: 5
Frost Pillar: 5

Gust is unnecessary. I believe it is weaker than ice pike and it also unfreezes the enemy, which is undesirable. Subzero shield is useless (PvE).

After rebalance, Ice Blast will be a very strong skill (which is why you max it). You can use it to blast frost pillar and also to blast ice wall. Also can use it normally against frozen enemies.

Does the Subzero shield work while you are riding though? It could help boost survivability

Yes, Subzero Shield works while riding, but I don’t think it’s worth any points at all. You have freezes from all other skills to avoid damage, and riding gives you defense from the devil, so you don’t even take much damage at all.

In addition, you might need to aggro them but freezing will spoil the purpose.
Anyway, if there is a better melee grimoire and your play is focus on riding, Subzero Shield might be a good choice too.

So I noticed after the patch today that my Nuale card now has skills. If you’ve got some useless cards lying around that didn’t have skills before, you might want to check if they’ve been updated!

Also, Temple Shooter’s auto-attack does NOT do missile damage anymore. It is now Pierce. Same with the S and D skills. Haven’t yet figured out what damage type the F skill is.

I’ve followed your suggestions, now my test build will be like this, what do you think? :smiley:

Is it still worth to mix Sorc2>Necro2 even tho they’ve changed TS’s auto attack to Pierce? I was so happy to know that Decay would boost my TS’s damage, now IMC do this ;-;

I’ve tried going full SPR to test the summoned devil skills.
Turns out it only inceases the damage for magical based skills but not physical.

For example my 3 stars Hergasercle skills hit for 10-15k while my 10 stars templeshooter skills only hit for 2k.

I’ve tested this with multiple summons and most of them actually loses damage when using their skills compared to pre-patch.
My Tomb Lord went from 6-7k to 3k when using his S.

Riding skills now have Skill Factors.

NOOOOOO T_T
There goes my Sorc3 Necro D260 farmer.

hmmm how high is the dmg difference of non spr necro3 vs full spr necro 3? Corpse warrior and corpse archer

2 Likes