Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Most of your magic damage should come from gears, notably weapons and chapparition cards. You forget that stat points aren’t everything. Not having INT built in will make you lose roughly 800-1k magic damage, which is a lot, but I think with the right build and gears, summons will compensate the lost damage.

Ya, that’s why I have a hard time wanting a warlock. Invocation was also nerfed a lot, which turned me off. All warlock skills are easy to avoid unless the player or mob is standing in a location for a period of time. Also, if you miss you lose a lot of dps with a somewhat high cd or the mobs move out of the AoE pole. It’s just a risky class now. It would be better to just go for a stable class than a warlock. I mean most of its skills don’t even function right (Drain) or are not effective at all (Ghastly Trail, Evil Sacrifice). lol… :sob:

That build seems alright. Maybe write down a few builds and what you really truly want out of it. More dps? More defense? Support? Summoner? And what not. :grinning:

Nah, even if you went full Spr your damage will still be good. With enhancements, tran, and using a staff instead of a rod will greatly help cover the lack of Int. And like what Valentine said, you would have the summons hitting much harder to balance your dps (if you have necro in your build). 9 (necro2) or 14 (necro3) summons are a lot.

Since you are shifting to another build you might want to change your stats now. Sorc doesn’t benefit from Spr as much as necro does. This is due to necro having way more summons out (12 for necro and sadly 2 for sorc - ya lol). Maybe go 2:1 Int/Spr since you have more dps skills instead of summons in that build. Truthfully, I think Spr is not that great for sorc. I say this because it only has 2 summons that use the Spr and all its other skills are fillers (attack and Hold) or dps skills effected from Int (bats, evocation, desmodus). That’s why this class is tough to balance. Maybe if they figure out a way to make Attack and Hold skills into a single skill that can do 2 of those things. Then we can add one more skill that can summon. The class description even says its a summoner. “Sorcerers summon and control spirits to fight enemies, or even to use as mounts.” But the problem is that most of its skills are fillers or based on int. So ya. :laughing:

Or simply change how familiar bats function and turn them into actual summons that stay out and attack enemies then explode if their hp is low. :imp: And even if there are 15 bats, they only attack every 5 secs (tested it out on regular bats) and it would be fine to still have all 15 of them without reducing the bat count. This would make sorc truly a summon class because now it has 17 summons out. lol (i’m getting excited just thinking about it :cry:)

1 Like

Can Sage’s Micro Dimension clone Temple Shooter and Bats?

Yes to bats, no to Devil summon like Temple Shooter

Those duped bats are fake btw. Just letting you know. If one of the real ones die all the ones that were cloned from that one bat are gone too.

they alredy change the int boost summons to spr?

Both Int and Spr increase summon power for sorc.

1 Like

Thanks very much @Ironheart, @minigod121 and @Valentine for the answers, it helped me a lot :smiley:

I wasn’t able to play or even think about builds for the past weeks, now I’m back hahahahah

I’ve been playing for the last 3 days with my Sorc and I really really like the ride skill so I’m thinking of following this build, what do you guys think?

I’m also thinking about the possibility of switching the C2 of the Linker and give it to Pyro, so it would be Wiz > Pyro 2 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Necro 2, but I’m not really sure about it :confused:

@Ironheart, you’ve told me that Sorc > Necro 3 would over damage the Sorc 2 > Necro 2 build because this build has archers and decay debuff to boost their damage, but is this over damage a lot to not consider Sorc 2 > Necro 2 at all? D:

I’ve seen two videos above of a Sorc 2 > Necro 2 build with Cryo skills, the gameplay seems really fluid e fun, can someone please explain to me how this build works? :smiley:

Pyro cd’s have been reduced a lot (pretty much by half) so you won’t be riding much.

1 Like

Is the bat thing a bug that’ll never be fixed?

This is wut I was gonna do. Is Sage not worth it? I’d have a gaping hole and shield to make melee + range hate me at least tho. ;/

Please clarify on this cause it might give the impression that the increase is similar/same which it isn’t :confused:

I heard a rumor that it was fixed during the balance update but I’m not sure if it’s true. Better wait until we get it.

Welcome back! :smiley:

I like this build, however you have necro and those summons will break that link in secs. Linker will benefit your own skills more than summons. This is because the summons attack power is much lower than your own skill power. You will be losing more dps. You could replace it with another class that makes you hit harder (pyro3). Linker does not function well with summon builds sadly… :disappointed_relieved:

Well, it does out damage sorc2>necro2 significantly, but it can still work out fine ether way. You will just have to work harder with a sorc2>necro2. Its not like you will miss out on dps by over 30k - It will be less than that. This is targeted to max damage with summons alone. Here are a few things to consider about both builds.

Sorc2>necro2

The good:

Summoned skeles keep attacking mobs/boss and can pull some aggro away from you while you burst them with ride skill. This helps out a bit because without necro you will pull all mobs (video above shows it in action) and your hp will drop very fast (making you jump off within 5-15 secs depending on gear). The devil doesn’t get knocked back from bosses or special mobs. This is where it can do more damage than skeles. Also necros decay effects temple shooter and doubles its damage.

Skeles help your dps a little when you are on cd and you can control your devil to pull all mobs away from you (really good). This will help you cast other skills without running around so much (they can block damage from mobs targeting you too).

The Bad

When riding you cannot cast any other skills you have unlocked (this is a big problem). You will end up wasting dps getting on and off the devil every 20 secs! (ouch). This means no fireballs, bats, or any other good dps skill. And as c2gaming.seetoo said above you will want to cast your fireballs every 8 secs because they have a higher dps than your devil. The devil takes too much time to cast its skills when you use them. You will get hit a lot because of this. I think this leaves you open to unnecessary damage. Period. lol

Another bad thing about ride is that you cant see your own skills on cd. So if you are waiting for other skills to be cast you cant be riding your devil. This means you will be jumping off your devil every 8 secs to cast fireball making it very annoying. People tend to spam the devil skills then hop off to use their own skills that hit harder (this defeats the purpose of the ride skill!!). Lets just hope they make it possible to use our other skills while riding the devil one day (just like the druids wolf form). Tree of clerics. lol…

Sorc>Necro3

The Good:

No worries of the ride skill - giving you more dps and being able to move around more. You now have 14 summons that not only attack (benefit Spr the most!) but take almost all aggro. You now can cast skills freely. You can see your skills cd now and can cast skills right away instead of running away when hp is low then jumping off the devil and wasting 2-3 secs before being able to move (also includes jumping on the devil as well). The 14 summons also help block damage from mobs/players trying to target you. All the summons from necro will hit harder than your devil. Players might run from you (lol) with dirty pole and skeles running/shooting at them. Helps you maintain decay effect for temple shooter (missile damage) because you are not riding the devil.

The Bad

Keeping tabs on your pots (dead, hp, sp). No ride skill (most ppl want this because it’s fun). Smaller devil (lol). Devil has short attack range (recommend using a ranged summon to help with this). Damage is higher than sorc2>necro2, however damage is randomly spread out to multiple mobs/players, so be aware of that. This means it might seem slower that you kill a single mob from the group, but you will have a higher damage output overall. You will just have to finish them off with your own hands.

So breaking it down on % damage from all summons.

Sorc2>Necro2 = 420% total damage of all summon %'s added together.
Sorc>Necro3 = 570% total damage of all summon %'s added together.

Now here is the kicker. Those skeles can hit twice as fast when the devil performs a single hit! This is why it’s better to use a devil that also hits twice and not once. The damage would be cut in half and the skeles would out dps that devil even more.

Idk much on that build, but it looks good. Cyro itself is really good after the new changes. Think the freeze effect will make your summons hit harder too (not 100% sure). I heard it lowers defense.

@wolfdoggie

Not sure if it’s a bug or not. :cry: But I have a feeling they might change it one day because those bats can cause lag for a handful of players. Though I haven’t tried sage with bats for my character yet. And i’m not really sure how useful sage is for sorc. Bats are the only thing effected by the sage class, so you are not really getting much from it. I heard those bats can be used for a meat shield, but if you attack, get hit, or the real bat dies you lose your “shield” really fast. Plus i heard there a a few classes that can wipe those bats out quick. I’m not sure which ones though. Probably from certain AoE skills.

@Val

I can’t clarify that because I don’t know the formula for Spr. So I cant compare which one is increasing it the most. All I said was that both Int and Spr increase the summons damage output, which is true. I would say Spr is % again, but I can’t say that because i’m not 100% sure or not, since I don’t know the formula for it. I’m just looking at the damage increase and it seems to be a % again because an older video showed a summon hitting 2-3 times weaker than what it does now. And the damage seemed similar to a video that had the .67% per Spr point (maybe .50% - .60% now? idk). Anyway, who knows. No one posted about the change on Spr, so we have to wait for that if anyone even decides to do it.

I just noticed…wall of text! muaha :no_mouth:

Hello guys! I’ve been following this topic for a while to think about a build for my Sorc. I would like of oppinions about this build that I made:

Wizzard> Cryo 3> Sorc2 >Rune Caster > Sage.

It is about a DPS with utility build where Sage and Runecaster double and boost damage of my cryo skills that have Crowd control too. Sage has missile hole that adds a lot of survival in PVP besides riding while I’ll still have some tools like dmg skills from sorc, rune, summon etc.

About the stats I’m considering 2:1:1 (Int, con, spr) or 2:1 (Int, Spr) this last because riding and missile hole helps to stay alive so I can max dmg output.

Please leave your opinions, what would you change and why? Thanks!

Here’s a video showcasing bats being duplicated after the patch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta62MT8TSvw

Let’s be real, if you take sorcerer you’re already not taking a meta build. Regardless, I think sage will work fine with what playstyle you’re going for. You can micro dimension to duplicate frost pillar, ice walls, and bats. Ultimate dimension won’t work with any of your skills, but it’s not really that great a increasing AoE anyway.

No mention of Shoggoth’s decay attribute being able to double the damage of Temple Shooter? That’s a pretty huge deal imo, and makes even taking just Necro 1 with Sorc worth it.

You can have linker builds with summons still. The hit counts for links are now based on individual hits, so links are meant for grouping big groups of mobs and then using an AoE, which Sorc/Necro definitely has. Link > Rapidfire from templeshooter or Link > Flesh Cannon will be incredibly powerful bursts for large groups of mobs. Unfortunately, the lowered hit counts means you should save your joint penalty only for 4+ mobs, anything lower and the link will break relatively fast. Good news is you can link your dirty pole, counting as an additional mob! If you meet the maximum number of links, then technically the hit count is the same as the joint penalty we have right now.

Yeah, I think Linker won’t be as good as it is now with summon classes 'cause of the hit limit count, it’ll be hard to control de burst sometimes with so many summons around and Linker 2 would force me to have a low rank dps class (pyro c1), so it wouldn’t be so beneficial :frowning:

I’m really inclined to give up the Linker in my build and grab Pyro C3 or Cryo C3 instead, what do you think? :smiley:

Are you sure decay would work with Templeshooter’s auto attack? I’m pretty sure its auto attack isn’t cosidered as projectile, but I’m not sure about the riding abilities :confused:

Now I have a Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc 3 and it’s awesome how the Joint Penalty works well with summons, but it seems that it’ll be hard to control the hit limit with so many summons around and skeletons hitting fast D:

I’m inclined now to do one of the following builds, what do you think?

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Sorc 2 > Necro 2
Wiz > Pyro 3 > Sorc 2 > Necro 2

Iron, I can’t think of any summon to use except a Templeshooter, I have a 10 stars one and I’m planning on using it with any build I choose with a Sorc xD

Yes, Temple Shooter’s Auto Attack and its rapidfire skill (S key for keyboard users) is missile. Damage gets doubled with decay.

I think Cryo does more for Sorc and Necro than Pyro does.[quote=“flavi0ishtar, post:1981, topic:188142”]
Iron, I can’t think of any summon to use except a Templeshooter, I have a 10 stars one and I’m planning on using it with any build I choose with a Sorc xD
[/quote]

Yes, always use Temple Shooter haha. Once the rebalance comes, rerolling field boss cubes will be cheaper and field bosses will have lowered hp. This could mean that we will see more Helgasercle, Mirtis, and Rexipher cards around, and an ideal sorcerer would have Temple Shooter as well as Helgasercle or Mirtis (one physical missile attacker, one magical). Rexipher is strike damage too iirc, so it might be a better bosser than TS with lethargy doubling strike damage.

Will I be able to get boss cubes though? One of the absolute worst things about ToS is that Field Bosses only drop loot for a small number of players, which is an absolutely terrible system.

If that’s your concern, then play a high DPS character and gear them up as well as playing with friends/guildmates toincrease your chances of getting a cube. Regardless, making field bosses easier to kill and cube rerolling being a lot cheaper means a higher chance of seeing those cards, which means that eventually they will show up in the market and will be accessible to anyone with silver.

That remedy doesn’t really matter. It’s still a tremendous game flaw that needs to be changed. They’re currently trying to save this game and bring players back and that is a major thing that will drive a lot of them away again. And I need players to stay since one of the reasons I stopped was because of how dead dungeons were. :frowning: The economy is dead too because of the limits + lack of players making crafting a chore but that’s another story.