Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Yes, I’m very happy with those cards :smiley:

Tomb lord and Riteris look really cool, I need to decide on a build fast so I can either use them or sell tham, any advice on a build for end game PVP?

I’m pretty sure I’m going for one of the below builds but it’s a hard choice.

Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc2>WL2
Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc2>WL1>Sage1

Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc1>WL2
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc1>WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc2>WL1

Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc2
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc1>WL1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >WL2

Wiz3> kino or link 1 >Chrono3> Then Last point in WL1/Sage1/Sorc1

saw this patch

Summoning
○ If the Caster is in a non-combat state for more than 1-Minute, the Summoned monster will no longer fight. If the caster begins attacking again, the Summon will also begin fighting again.

hope this won’t effect us legit player, I’m too used to send my TS in and let it draw agro before I attack

you’ll want to keep Tomb lord, it’s attack have knock down, it’s useful in some situation. I don’t pvp so I cant answer the other question, however for the 1st build you can check out this thread

This will “nerf” only affect legit players in ONE situation:

• If you ever did AFK bossing, like you can be very far from the boss and send TS near him, he will hit the boss but the boss itself won’t move because no player has entered his “sight” range.

Even then, you might be able to still do that if you use some skill away from the boss every 50 secs.

For AFK farmers: go Necro.

As said in posts before, Temple Shooter does his normal damage in high mdef mobs, mine has ~4,8k atk with gear under level 220, full INT. He dies in 15~20 seconds alone vs mobs but who doesn’t? Just ask the healer to heal him or make him walk over remaining healing tiles.

Familiar has Base Damage dependant on level, level 5 = 60% matk, level 10 = 80% matk, level 15 = 100% matk. Considering Sorc 3 doesn’t take Warlock, that’s 88% vs 100% matk, and a 33% stronger TS than C1 (INT-wise) vs a 20% stronger than C2 for a C3.

Those and control skills: Riding, Attack Ground and Hold are what turns TS from a stupid beast to a Controled one, it’s up to you if he misses or lands his attacks to be honest, just don’t try to avoid magic-like AoE attacks thinking you’re fine because you’re on top of your summon because ToS logic is not like that, use it and test out what you can and what you can not avoid.

I got attributes at this: 50 MM, 50 Familiars, 56 DT. I got ~1,5k matk +250 atk properties at least.

MM hits 4,5~5k, Fam 7~8k, DT 9~10k.

Regarding Linker Circles:

The tide is shifting, for meelee players, they need way less than 60 hits from Linker C1 to deal ~500k damage, just consider their base damage, multipliers and Crits.

The same is true for a 4k+ matk version of my own build with 80+ attributes, I would be MOST LIKELY be able to deal those 500k damage within my Hit Count.

a 4k matk (matk + atk properties) Frost Cloud, 100% attribute, with Quickcast, on a 2,3k mdef mob, will deal

(4000 - 2300 + 650) * 3 = 2350*3 = 7050/tick
210k if you can land it fully.

a 4k matk (matk + atk properties) Fam + DT, 100% attribute, with Quickcast and Warlock’s dark attribute, on a 2,3k mdef mob, will deal

Fam
(4000 + 2700 - 2300) * 3,3 = 14,5k / bat
10 bats = 145k

DT
(4000 + 1900 - 2300) * 3,3 = 11,9k / DT
30 hits = 357k

145 + 357 = 502k

You still have Mastema, PoA, Summoning and whatever C3 brings aside from the linked pack.

More and more mobs become resistant to linker as Circles goes by, that makes too many targets less important, still great and all, but for some game modalities you might want a DPS boost instead of a supportive one.

1 Like

I actually did that a lot when I solo farm in certain dg such as 130 and 190 where the boss have some crazy magic damage haha.

oops, forgot to tag @xxflash112 in my previous post, hope he’ll saw your comment.

Okay, it’s a long time since the last time I posted around here, but I’ve been testing some things, and I wanted to share.

For starters, my build right now is Wiz1-Pyro1-Linker1-Thaum1-Sorc3-Sage1; I just got into level 316. As you can see, while I wait for the Agni Necklace, my only source of damage are the sorcerer skills (mainly the Summon);

My build was full int, with a few points into Con. The Templeshooter was hitting for something like ~8k when it critted, but I started to have a big problem (well, it’s something that everyone is suffering, but anyway): The Templeshooter wasn’t surviving long enough to kill things around, as their damage is such ridiculously high.

Before that, it was normal for his natural defense and my base spirit to be enough to almost all hits be 1 damage only. But when you get into the new maps, things get complicated. 2k+ damage is normal, so if you get something like 3+ creature, he just instantly dies. And as you know, if you try to kill something alone as a Sorcerer, it’s a pain (Almost all damage comes from linked mobs anyway…)

Let’s use the Inner Wall 8 map as an example; he just exploded with the attacks (and well, Pole of Agonies…). I was having a very hard time around, and it was impossible for me to solo this map (yeah, I know, almost everyone have these problems on the new maps)

So I started to think about… investing in Spirit, after all.

First, some math; If you have a Level 10 card, and Level 15 Summoning, you get 5 points per status point you have. For example, if you have 100 Int, you get 500 extra Physical Attack. If you have 100 Spirit, it is 500 extra Defense.

Defense is basically into a 1-to-1 basis (not exactly, but let’s simplify things.); I used my stat pot reset and just slammed 100 Spirit into my build and… I didn’t expect it to change as much as it did.

Right now, I’ve completed all the Inner Wall maps solo; I can actually grind things around with my Templeshooter, and of course, I need to take a lot of care, otherwise they just explode me, but it’s working.

I think that the old idea that ‘no spirit builds’ were the best is no longer true. You NEED those extra defense points, and honestly, 1 Spirit for 5 defense (or 4 with Sorc2, if I remember correctly), is a very good deal. If you add the extra spirit you get with the 315 Rod (or staff), you can get into a very safe spot, where you can actually trust that your summon isn’t just going to explode in a second.

Thoughts about it?

I think your SPR investment is viable if your objectives is to “survive” and solo play(well though Sorc don’t get much love in party play cried), since you don’t have much CC to assist your summon. Just more points in SPR also mean your expenses on SP pot increase as well…(SP drain % hurt).

Sorcerer in party play is all about linking mobs and abusing the fact that your skills doesn’t have an AOE Ratio (If you link 5 creatures and hit every one of them with your TS, you can easily hit for 50k+ each…), but well, it’s the same when soloing, though… =P

The increase on SP cost wasn’t really big, I think it’s because I use level 15 pots… Yeah, it did increase, but the survivability gain was WAY bigger.

The problem with those maps are that even if you have a lot of CC, you’re not going to be able to lock the monsters for long enough, as they all have 150k+ HP… You need the tanking ability imo. Spirit gives you that.

but keep in mind soccer summon grim consume sp by%
if ur spr too high ur sp will be much。same timing for duration after summon。if ur sp can be fill by lvl 10
sp pot is enough。but if ur spr too much u need lvl15 sp pot。

you mean with Linker combo is it?

Yeah…so it’s either we survive long enough to take them down, or kill them fast enough before they react to kill our baby templeshooter. :joy:

Salute to you by bringing Summon to 4 stars map!

Do not invest in SPR.

New gear gives TONS of SPR, if that’s what you want, go for it in your gears (yes, I’m was also thinking about tested how effective SPR gear would be for TS’s survival)

some SPR is surely the way to go solo-ish 280+ in a Sorcerer reliant build(IMO Sorcerer and Necro are the best wizards to solo after 274 due to high base damage) but, how stats work, I’d still go full INT and look for SPR items if that is really necessary.
Swaping to SPR items before Summoning should give ~50 SPR without endgame items.

max petamion, sage wall, holy smasher, protas trousers are a few of them

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought about fully depending on items, but sincerely? I think that getting something like ~80 Spirit from items is not enough. I prefer to get something like 200 total with the items, so you can easily handle things around

But yeah, the int loss really hurts, as the game benefits you for focusing on fewer status =/

The damage loss that I have is really acceptable as of now; when I get my lvl 315 weapon, I want to see how things are going, and then maybe I use the stat pot to get less spirit. But as things are right now, no way I am doing that

1 Like

I am not gonna give up on my class just because some dumb things happened =( I have 3 different sorc builds, and I really like the idea of the class, even though there is a lot of meh things about it (Evocation, I am looking at you… Just… WHY?)

3 Likes

Im still hoping they actually have a good plan for improving issues with sorcerer but still need time to finish them. (Due to not being a priority etc.) Also that the plan would involve evocation as well and what we have now is some dumb placeholder. :confused:

1 Like

I can’t really take Evocation seriously right now. I got 1600 Matk, and it hits for something like 4k damage… It’s a joke.

Yeah I refuse to believe it is working as intented. :sob:

hey guys, someone asked me to send my suggestion about sorc rework to imc to see if they can do something about it a few days before so i could not let the matter go i have write some i will post here so you guys can take a look and tell me about it: be aware of the all text and that may have a huge amount of grammar mistakes but since this is just a preview before i send it to IMC, i know that sending the ticket may be in vain but i want anyway.

problem1 (summoning):
the most important skill for sorcerer is already to weak to use simple
because it drains all the MP regen for the sorcerer this alone is a huge
burden for the effect that it brings in the game,even more when we need
almost two entire ranks (sorcerer1-2) that just focus on this ability;
solution1: change
the function of the current Sorcerer: SP Recovery attribute or create a
new one where the value would decrease the amount of % drain from the
summon and also decrease the price of the attribute overall right now
for level 100 it cost up to 90million and would need to decrease it for
at least half if the change takes effect to keep it on par with other
ranks 7-8 attributes.
example:
right one sorcerer seems to lose 1% of mp every 2-3 second with
summoning, the attribute would decrease that value by 0,01% for level so
at level 50 it would decrease the mp consumption from 1% to 0,5% of mp
every 2-3 second.
ps: before anyone come saying about afk farmers, it yes a burden for all sorc but they can already use macros to do their thing so this would not be a reason for us to not rework the entire mp problem of summoning, and to finish the current attribute cost up 90 millions even with the changes it cost up 45 millions to allow a sorc to have perma summon and even if this is not enough let’s all remember the new patch notes where the summon stop working if the sorc does not move for one minute, so this would not benefit afk farms in any way more than they already are.

problem2(riding):
this skill is very uncool since most monsters have a humanoid form,
this create some short of unbalance in the game and also most monsters
skills have very long cooldown and very weak reward for it.
solution2(riding): change the riding skill from riding to fuse with bosses: how would this work once we use it our characters would grow dark and our summons would recover it’s colors the same as when it was alive allowing us to use it’s skill and also the normal skills and the reason for that is that druid is also able to use it’s skill even in transformed state and this
is really unfair and unbalanced in the game.

problem3(rank 7 sorcerer-3):
right now sorcerer 3 is a rank 7 class and is very weak for it, a lot
weaker because their rank 7 skills desmodus and evocation simple have
too short damage-hitcount and long cooldown for a rank 7 class.
solution3.1(desmodus):
increase the hit count of the skill by the number of bats that the
socerer can sumon with familiar and increase the overheat to two with
similar form: lvl 1 numer of hits = (familiar skill lvl /( 5-desmodus
skill level +1) )
example3.1(desmodus): a lvl 15 familiar allow the sorcerer to summon 15 bats:
lvl 5 desmodus would do 15/1=15 hits lvl1 desmodus would do 15/5= 3 hits
problem3.2(evocation): rework
the entire concept of the skill evocation; the skill would work the
same as the current druid 3 skill allowing the socerer to turn itself in
a demon , this would enter in the concept of the sorcerer who had
fallen in the darkness after the evocation of a powerful demon: the details of the strength given by this transformation i would let be with your guys but
the concept of the skill would be very similar as Lycanthropy skill from druid but of course weak since sorc is only rank 7, but something similar as the the status of the card equipped is nice as well, something like half of the card stats or something similar.
and i must add that this would be the most important rework of the entire sorcerer because this skill alone would work as legacy of sorcerer3 , since we would have a limited full stats buff that would work be with rank 8 9 10 and so on, so the work and the bonus would need to be very fine tuning so sorcerer do not become OP.

1 Like

I think they should do some balancing on the summons as a whole so sorcerer would have more to choose from, instead of just everyone using TS. They could use the current riding well with balancing the summons by using some useful skills on certain summons that would make it worth to use. Wouldn’t really need to change the skills too much but the sp consumption should be somewhat reworked definitely.

Evocation sure needs to be reworked but I’m not really a fan of using something another class already has, why not rework it to something unique for a sorcerer. Sorcerer is mainly based on summoning so I’d rather see that theme go on instead of transformation which is druids thing.

2 Likes

i believe my rework on the sp is fair enough a attribute is the right way to do.
about summons if they just put the normal skills on demon lord bosses or some special bosses would already do a huge thing, to make more bosses worth.

now about the evocation i still believe that a fuse-transformation is the right way to go, just think about the lore, we have many histories about a sorcerer summoning a powerful demon and that demon takes control of the summoner body and thus becoming a devil , there is nothing more perfect lore wise to use than this for sorcerer and like i said this would be the ultimate legacy of sorcerer , would be something really good to see and let’s not forget that would be a lot cooler as well.
about copying the druid, there is many copy cat skills for example the current meteor from necromancer that explodes the sumon, is almost the same as the current evocation + meteor from elementalist and both spells are very weak(necro-sorcerer), so i do not see a problem as two classes having a transformation spell,even more when we already have many with summons.

I still have to disagree with you. Tranformation doesn’t really equal with possession. I don’t personally see that being controlled by a demon is an upgrade to controlling demons. There’s multiple lores to a sorcerer so I’m sure there’s a variety of possible outcomes just as good as your suggestion or ever better. Thinking of the other arsenal sorcerer has in this game I wouldn’t really call it very fitting. You also have to think about the skill name evocation which wouldn’t really fit in the idea of possession/transformation. A hidden class with possession or just another regular class of it’s own could definitely be a great idea but I just don’t think it fits here.
The fact that there’s other copying skills is a poor reasoning to bring even more in, it doesn’t base a good reason for doing so and the copying itself is just lazy.

In my personal preference evocation could be the type of skill where the sorcerer calls upon a demon that uses its most powerful attack and disappears. In regular sorcerer fashion with a variety of summons available based on the cards of the grimoire. All the skills wouldn’t even have to be centered on damage and be used as larger scale utility etc.
I don’t find current evocation bad as an idea it’s just a terrible skill, it doesn’t have to be completely different.

2 Likes