Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Marnox is still best card for EVERY sorc atm, even for sorc with necro

Why not just look at the database information?

Helga

Temple Shooter

Click on the little + next to ā€œSkillsā€

TS has higher damage and more frontal range with its skills. Helgaā€™s riding skills are also far inferior to TSā€™s. TS also has higher crit rate.

1 Like

What if I canā€™t afford Marnox, would TS still be the best card?

At the moment Iā€™m using Netherbovine and TS both 10 stars. But Iā€™m thinking of giving my Netherbovine to another character of mine and use TS for necro. If I use TS, should I also get another TS (how many stars? just 1?) as my secondary card?

Yes TS will be fine. 1 star on secondary slot works fine since they fixed morph.

u can try Gorkas too, dunno if TS is better than Gorkas now, but still Marnox price will go down now ;p so check market often

I admit, I lack the comprehension ability to see the numbers in relation to what the outcome will be. I am fully able to read that the SFR and range on TS is higher, but so are Helgaā€™s stats. And I canā€™t really say how the skills are without seeing them in action since a lot is not just the skill itself and the cooldown, but also the time of the animation and all that. I guess my brain just canā€™t compute plain numbers into useful information wellā€¦

That said, I donā€™t ride my summon and so, the riding skills donā€™t interest me much. I die a lot when I try to ride since I have no one to hide behind then and the enemies actually hit me instead of Helga then. Helga can take the hits, I definitely canā€™t. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will still buy a TS to test things once someone hopefully buys Froster Lord from me again so that I can regain my losses.

Totally different question(s): Since my sorc is my favourite character, I definitely want to make more characters with Sorc1 (or Sorc2) in the build. I just love having a summon to hide behind since I hate using pots. So the question is: Which of these builds are viable? And which build (one of the below or something different) would result in the most powerful summon? I am fully willing to make a fun build that dies a lot just to see how high the damage of my summon can get when I sacrifice every bit of survivability for that goal?

Possible builds:

• Wiz2/Linker3/Sorc1/Thaum3
  • Wiz1/Cryo1/Linker3/Sorc1/Thaum3
  • Wiz1/Cryo1/Kino3/Sorc1/Linker3
  • Wiz1/Cryo1/Kino3/Sorc1/Thaum3
  • Wiz1/Cryo1/Linker3/RC1/Sorc2/Thaum1
    ā€¦something else?
    Basically figuring that since summons count as magic, lowering the magic defense of enemies on top of buffing my summons might result in higher damage.

I think my main problem is that I am unsure what exactly affects summon damage. Someone told me ingame that not everything does; something like the magic attack from my weapon counts, but not anything added from other pieces of equipment (in form of Int?). Because of that, I have trouble to figure out what skills would benefit my summons. I tried to find an update post here on the forums because apparently it had been changed several times, but I failed to do that. :confused: Any help?

Summon damage is increased by:

• Blue Magic Gems (weapon)
  • Weapon Magic Damage (also affected by weapon enhancement and transcendence)
  • SPR (from anything)
  • If you are thauma, then swell left arm + attribute will increase damage by 10%

Some buffs affect summons, others do notā€¦the most notable buff I can think of that benefits physical summons is Quicken (chrono) which will boost summon crit rate with attributeā€¦

Debuffs on other monsters will increase summon damage so long as the summonā€™s attack fits the criteria. Ex: Sleep dream eater attribute boosts non-elemental damage, so summon damage (as long as it is non-elemental, which 99% of them are), will be boosted. Any debuffs that reduce defense of the monster will obviously increase summon damage as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, this is awesome information! That would mean that Thaum3 (and Swell Brain) has absolutely no effect on my summons since it raises my magic attack, but has nothing to do with the weapon magic damage. So only Thaum1 (and Thaum2, though the defense-for-summons attribute isnā€™t really needed, I feel) would do anything for summons.

I hadnā€™t even checked into Chrono yet. I will definitely consider that; I am fully willing to make some wonky funbuild with only one circle in several classes to see how it will look like in the end - who knows, maybe it might even work (though likely not). As I havenā€™t played any other wizard build but my current Necro so far in any reasonable amount (made a small Ele, she is only level 120 because the cooldowns arenā€™t fun to play), I have very little experience with anything else, so it would be a fun experiment.

I really wish there would be a way to reset ranks besides hoping for free ones from patchesā€¦

Donā€™t get me wrong, Alavien is a hardcore fan of marnox :smiley:
tho realistically speaking after last summon buffs itā€™s not much better compared to some of the cheaper summons: netherbovine auto-attack wise (same cooldown, marnox AA has a tad bit better aoe, but netherbovine interrupts enemy attacks so that you donā€™t get hit as much, while on marnie you get hit more often as it does not interrupt animations) and for using summon skills Froster Lord deals more damage and has shorter cooldowns.

8,600 Matk
845 SPR

Just sayingā€¦

Wiz3-thauma2-sorc2-onmy2 its a fun build with decent to good dmg :smiley:

Anyone knows if shoggoth has any visual effect using the Kucarry legendary card?

Does anyone know if there is any way to control the direction of riding skill.

For instance, whenever I ride my templeshooter and aim the rapid fire skill at a group of mobs, sometimes it just turns to another direction and shoot somewhere else?

afaik it attacks to the direction where a monster is closest to you, easiest way is to make sre youā€™re not surrounded by monsters on your sides or back, cc obviously helps with this but itā€™s doable by just moving too

No way to prevent it from automatically turning to nearest enemy.

Its time to vote again!

So, I started playing the game again and i have ways to reset class and status. I am now a full SPR Cryo3Sorc2Necro1 using a Mirtis, as the ice tree do not group enemies anymore is cryo any good?
If not, what are good builds now?
I like to ride the summon a lot, and just get down to buff/debuff/CC, am i doing something wrong? higher DPS riding or on ground if im going to support the summon?

Also, if iā€™m going Sorc and Necro is there a cap of number of summons on same target yet? and what kind of buffs the summons can get benefits?

If u like to ride a lot, i suggest change cryo for wiz3 and thauma, then finish with sorc2 and RC.
Thaumaā€™s Armā€™s skills can buff the summons damage/defenses now, shrink body to make mobs easy to kill in some situations, and swell body to farm.

RC rune of destruction can lower the mobs magic defense, so, boss magic skills will be boosted, and the rune of giants can be used while riding to get extra hp and defense since you take a lot more damage when mounted.

Wiz3 have the lethargy attribute to buff strike-type boss like marnox or gorkas, and sleep attribute to buff all magic damage source from any boss.

Here the build that i recommend

Thayma 1 and 2 have buffs for summon, did i need to go to thauma 3?