Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

i like necro, but as a said the minions are quite squish on high end maps i think with the bonus of wiz c3 warlock c3 will be a good way to go for more damage what u guys think about it and trauma c1 on rank 4 for some bonus damage, or should i go pyromancer for more aoe damage?

Itā€™s more like you should consider the pros and cons of each class, not just your objectives.

Youā€™ve already made the decision to relinquish necro. O next is, what sort of character do you want? A character that supports its summons? Or a character with solid dps? Or a party-friendly support?

Every class brings something to the table.

• Cryo is mainly CC, as is Kino
  • Pyro is about low cd multihits
  • Thauma increases matk and summon dmg, with two status effects in its arsenal
  • Elem is AOE damage, with each skill (except Meteor) having a 2-sec cast time
  • Warlock, AOE, solid burst skills
  • Sage. Gives you a pull, two powerful burst dps skills, along with some survivability-oriented skills
  • Enchanter. AA damage + damage buffs + shop
  • and so onā€¦

You canā€™t have it all, unfortunately. XD

yeah i know, i think ill stick to the warlock for some burst damage since the sorc summon can do very good damage overall, o rnak 4 i think thauma is a way to go to buff my summon and party members, as enchanter goes it worth it to make it without dex? cuse im going to be pretty much full spirit

enchanter without dex is meh. you gotta at least get like 150 from gear (if you donā€™t want to invest your char stats, and i believe you donā€™t want to)

i would also advise to try FF-SM2 combo as last 3 ranks. awesome burst damage for bosses and a bit of aoe (but not as good as warlock)

Personally I went with Enchanter for Lightning Hands and focused on multihit aoe dps classes for my lower ranks. I just soloā€™d CM stage 5 (at Epheretao Coast) with it the other day (finished with 3 mins remaining because the boss was a pain in the *ss with constant knockdowns), so the build is at least decent for me.

FF-SM2 sounds pretty good too, though. But yeah, you have so many options available.

Just wanted to mention my decision since I got such wonderful help here: I went with Cyro1>Linker2>Sorc2>Necro3 in the end. Thanks to a 8x Exp Tome, I am now at level 309, Necro2. Iā€™m doing pretty okay, I think - Linker is very useful for when Ice Pike is on cooldown since JP basically serves as a one-hit kill on anything thanks to my summons. Challenge Modes are rough, but beyond that, Iā€™m doing good.

Still havenā€™t ridden my summon once, still. Even though Skeletons give me the coverage to take less damage, I simply have no time - I am constantly freezing to help my summons survive (Skeletons are squishy) or gather corpses. I guess I still donā€™t get riding, lol. But Target Ground still makes Sorc2 worth it for me since it has no range on it.

In my opinion, itā€™s kind of a waste to get c2 and not use riding.
You could have gotten c3 Linker and get the Spirit Shock attribute.

1 Like

Yeah, but Spirit Shock is pretty crappy. :confused: Honestly, if I would not pick Sorc c2, I would likely, in the end, get a rank of Thaum in to keep the damage as it is or - more unlikely - Cryo2 to have access to Subzero Shield. However, given how crap Force Attack is, as you need to be in range to use it, which means you will draw aggro, I definitely donā€™t want to lose Target Ground so that I can send my summons in the enemy-range so that they get hit instead of me. Right now, I cannot say I would choose different ranks for my build as I am happy with them, though I would level some skills differently (I never use Summon Familiar and Summon Servant, should have put more points into Salamion).

That said, I am now Necro3 and doing fantastic. Or maybe Iā€™m doing normal and my main - my Taoist - just sucks. My Taoist is Level 333 and, with buffs and good gear, gets murdered in Sausys9. I took my Sorc at Level 315, with subpar gear (normal 315 staff, some 270 primus and some blue 315 armor, no necklace or bracelets), without potions, without cards in the card slots and without buffs into Sausys just to see how I would do. Well, I had zero problems as long as I stayed away from the bookmarks and the elite enemies. Even got one of the blue-flashing enemies and got to level 318. With all the summons, itā€™s madness by now and I often lose sight of whatā€™s actually going on on the battlefield when getting swarmed from all sides with enemies, but it seems to work just fine somehow.

I will definitely make my Sorc my main now; I love playing her much more than my Taoist - much easier and cheaper (now that I have my summon cards at 10*), too. And I still very much love using Helgasercle - as Netherbovine is cheap, I bought one again and tested it with morph since you guys all said that itā€™s good and I still think it sucks compared to Helgasercle. :confused: Helgasercle seems to have much better aim and also more AoE-range, which serves me very well because my Linker skills have way too long cooldowns for my taste so that I canā€™t group enemies as often as I would like to. So yup, I think she is amazing - until she sees a Tree Crystal, of course. Then she and all other summons just rush past all enemies who want to attack me to destroy the crystal while I get clobbered. :stuck_out_tongue: Itā€™s both funny and sad every time it happens.

1 Like

Need helpā€¦Can someone help me confirm if the Fire skill from marnox cannot be affected by debuffs such Petrification? I tested sometimes wth unconclusive results. If lethargy attribute works for strike type attacks, Heat and petrify should also work. Earth type mobs recieves more damage from his attacks

Spirit Shock is good with the c3 attribute. Triple damage and you lower magic defense. Runecaster could have been a good choice as well.

I donā€™t have Elementalist or Pyro in my build to help. :tired:

Can someone give me list off sorcerer card status?
I have netherbovine 10* then morph to frosterlord but seems weak should i 10* frosterlord?

Would anyone know if the knockback from Unicornā€™s or Minotaurā€™s autoattacks work in PVP or TBL?

Iā€™m doing some theorycrafting right now and any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind. Was able to test it with a friend last night. Turns out that they do, but even just having 1 Gazing Golem card equipped is enough to effectively nullify the strat I was contemplating. Oh well. Sorc is out as far as my PvP wiz is concerned.

Nether is a str con summon. when morphing status remains the same as the 1st card but just change the summon and its skills.

to put it simple

Original Status:
Netherbovaine = (STR/CON)
Froster Lord = (INT)

Netherbovaine Slot 1
Froster Lord SLot 2

Apply MORPH

Froster Lord = (STR/CON) of Netherbovaine

I hope this make sense nowā€¦ I did test it before with a netherbovaine and a Helgrascale (INT)

Morph did what is intendedā€¦

If you wish for frosterlord to be strong, just level the card :smiley:

what? spirit shock is crappy? im killing bosses at saalus using only this one skillā€¦

4 Likes

Spirit Shock is an awesome boss killer. Works very nicely with my Featherfoot Curse, Shadow Throrn combo too with the MDef reduction.

1 Like

Okay, let me rephrase: Spirit Shock on Linker3 is really good, but on Linker2 it sucks. I have seen my friend (Linker 3) absolutely murder everything with it. I myself, being Linker 2, deal virtually no damage with it at all.

But then again, maybe I am just really bad at the game or just weird. Which is likely. After having saved up enough money, I managed to grab a 10* Froster Lord card for a pretty cheap price. Took him to Sausys with my 8x Exp Tome, thought I would really rule the place and it was horrible. After 40 minutes, I was fed up with him and switched back to Helgasercle and leveled a lot faster.
Afterwards, I took them both to a test in Alembique Cave, with nothing else summoned, to compare. I also tried Morph, wondering if it was the stats. Nope. Itā€™s not. Helgasercle hits for more damage and also hits more reliably. And she has the better stats as well.
Gonna sell Froster Lord again, then buy Templeshooter (but just 1* this time for testing) and if he sucks as well compared to Helgasercle, then I shall be convinced for good that I am playing a different game than the rest of you guys. :confused: That or Helgasercle is as superior as she deserves to be and no one but me notices.

Frosterlord is good because of the low cdā€™s but like Marnox, the skills need to be ā€œpositionedā€ correctly to maximize the dmg

1 Like

Ah, well, I never use riding (because I die then, which is bad). I admit all my tests were only letting them do their own thing. Froster Lord doesnā€™t auto-attack faster than Helgasercle and his three-way attack means that a lot of enemies close to him actually donā€™t get hit since they stand in between the three beams of ice. Helgasercle just hits everything while basically having the same range without gaps in between. Also more damage. Iā€™m pretty sure Froster Lordā€™s auto-attack comes from his Int and he has way less than Helgasercle, as using morph upped his damage (but still didnā€™t make it equal to hers).

Hey, I havenā€™t played the game in a while. Is Marnox still considered the best option for riding? I mean now that ā€œnewā€ cards are in the game?

Hey guys,

For Sorc2>Nec3, is templeshooter still the best card? And what should my secondary card be