Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Summon: Voting #2

Now that the new cards and the summons buff are here for quite a long time, its time to vote again and decide whats the best summon for each mode in the game currently.

Access THIS LINK to vote:

Last voting results

1 Like

what’s the point? Marnox is gonna be top for everything. That’s how unbalanced this game is.

Then make all cards equal CD and damage with equal accessibility . Sounds like true balance

I don’t think marnox is that accessible compared to the rest

Best card for TBL is unicorn or tomb lord . Simply for spammy and annoying knockback .

1 Like

I disagree. There is more good options now that can replace him easily for pve. :wink:
But to kill boss, he still pretty good.

1 Like

did they take away the treasure chest from merregina summon? ; w ; that’s her selling point

it’s like a permanent lvl 4 ice wall you can use to block bots on narrow paths ; w ;

Care to actually prove that?
The DPS you get out of Marnox’s fast basic attack is pretty clear.

If you looking from DPS perspective - try riding froster lord. Beats marnox even with his superb AA, as spamming skills on FL + AA when skills are on CD deals considerably more damage with proper rotation.

Everyone somehow disregards Netherbovine, but actually it is a summon I prefer to Marnox, while farming. Why? simply cuz you dont ever get hit if you position yourself properly (Netherbovine AA interrupts all incoming attacks from mobs, including elites and stuff)

In some situations marnox aoe is not the best, pair it with a bit bugged summon ai aiming and he can miss many mobs with his AA while chasing the last one on the opposite side of the room. That’s where you might want to switch to gorkas for a much better aoe.

And for boss hunting Necroventer is your best friend (believe or not) as paired with lethargy it deals more damage than marnox to a single large target.

with that said, Marnox is a good all-around summon if you just want damage and nothing else (except for bossing) if you are C1 sorc. For C2 tho there are surely better options for specific tasks

EDIT: nothing to prove here - try it for yourself in those specific situations and you will see (i have personally tested all that and came to the conclusions written above)

2 Likes

guys~ everyone knows Spectre of Deceit is all time best summon |3

I would, if not for the price tag or luck required in obtaining a Marnox, thus the question in order to validate my potential investment. It’s constantly touted as the superior choice for regular PvE, but if that can be disproved then I don’t have to aim for it. I do have FL, but am a little on the side lines over his output. (Wonder if there’s a DPS addon somewhere…)

Netherbovine sounds interesting but I disregard it specifically because I handle CC via my character and some of my damage skills require positioning. (Wiz1, Cryo 3, Sorc 3, ShadowM 2).

Well actually i think most ppl both on forums and reddit (at least it seems to me) have this kind of assumption that marnox cannot be topped.
We have gotten the summon damage value buffs some time ago already, which brought most summons AA-wise to be almost on par with marnox (usually only a bit less damage for those summons that share the same cooldown on AA compared to marnox). Yes marnie is still top dealing summon from AA perspective and deal like (from my observation) 15% more damage compared to netherbovine. But it can’t beat necroventer on bosses (which deals around 10% more damage compared to marnie) and if you consider the price - hell no it’s not worth it imo.

For the most other specific use cases of summons i tried to explain in the post above. so you decide.

he hits twice looks cool and is a demon lord, probably why people think hes the top

imo hes above average for damage for sure, and hes aoe isnt bad either, makes a good package deal, to do everything with

but yea, in terms of bossing dps necroventer is beast
and he gets beat in aoe by gorkas

imo a combinatin of gorkas + necroventer is fine for summoner C1, pull out gorkas for mobbing, since its easy as hell to get him to hit mobs, literally just park him in a spot and he will whale away at everything around him

then bust out necroventer for bosses

So lets vote to decide all this xD
Currently, Marnox has 28,9% and Froster Lord has 28,1% for PVE farm

Why is necroventer best for bossing? Because of lethargy attribute for strike damage? What if a sorc doesn’t have wiz3?

Btw, a suggestion to this voting thread. If most people think marnox is best for everything, how about we make a poll without marnox (to see what is best after marnox)?

2 Likes

that’s a very nice suggestion, since it’s too expensive for a lot of people.
Having a survey without it will let other good (cheap) options shines

I kinda hate netherbovine as a summon.

Several cases have happened where netherbovine keeps on pushing a mob up to a point where he keeps attacking on the same spot when the mob is already pushed far away so it’s actually hitting nothing but air.

Dumb AI :tired:

Gorkas is probably the most comfortable to use with our AI along with temple. But Temple is weak

After saving up for a long time, I finally afforded Marnox. He’s good. Really good. But he is, in my opinion, not so much above the rest that it justifies his price spike compared to other summons. Honestly, if I would have the choice again, I wouldn’t buy him again. Just because I feel like while I’m getting a great card, it’s not worth its (Klaipeda-server) price tag.

I don’t do any PVP, so I honestly cannot say anything about that, but I suppose my PVE view differs a lot from other people.

• Templeshooter is a catastrophe. He hits hard, but his AA AoE is very small, which is not good for drawing aggro away from me or dealing a lot of damage when I use my Linker abilities (but of course he still manages to break the link before I could use Hangman’s Knot). Also, as a ranged unit, he never felt the need to get close to the enemy to draw aggro before I draw it. Nope, don’t like him.
  • Netherbovine is… a good summon for people who like his effect and who can position him correctly. I am neither of these things.
  • Froster Lord was such a huge disappointment to me that I sold his card again. Which I regretted since it’s pretty good when equipped in the normal card slots, but eh. But yeah, Froster Lord’s AA is absolute rubbish - pretty slow and tends to miss. As I don’t ride much (normally only in dungeons), that’s what mattered to me the most, though my issue with his riding skill AoE is also that it’s a bit too fast. I never managed to activate it, jump down from him and use Joint Penalty before the damage went off. Because of that, despite the fact that his skill is really good, he dealt actually less damage for me than summons who are slower and where my JP added into the mix can clear the whole screen.
  • Helgasercle is the best and I don’t care what everyone else says. Easy-to-use-JP-with AoE skill, extremely wide AA range, gets immediately close to the enemy (not like my Marnox, who always likes to watch for a second while I get clobbered before deciding to join in the fray for good), no annoying stomping sounds and she’s also really pretty and doesn’t block half the screen. Yes, she’s not ideal for bosses, but so good at everything else that she will always be my Nr. 1.
1 Like

The thing is, for pve farm everyone needs to pay attention to this: “best to kill large group of mobs and clean dungeons. Take into account every aspect of the summon (auto-attack and skills)”

U cannot take into account any other classes on your build while voting, this is just about the summon and theyr potential only, the damage of the AA and skills without any buffs or debuffs.

And synergy-potential is not part of the summon? I’m pretty sure a lot of Necros use Templeshooter because of Dirty Pole to begin with, so he’s gotten popular for them because of that. Also there are more aspects than auto-attack and skills when it comes to summons. Ranged summons automatically are worse at drawing aggro since they don’t run up to the enemy, so a ranged summon is more likely to result in more (initial) damage to you, no matter how the fights go afterwards.

I suppose one could argue that “positioning” is part of “auto-attack”, but I would not directly assume so. Also I guess I don’t really see how synergy-potential is not part of what makes a summon good. Marnox is popular not only because of his AA, but also because of its type and its synergy with the Lethargy attribute. I dunno, but disregarding these facts would be like saying that Thaum is a crappy class because it has no damage skills. Don’t you always have to look at what something can do for you as a whole? Is “synergy potential” not also part of “overall potential”?

I mean, sure, everyone has different builds and some summons fit better in some builds than others. But fact is that some summons simply offer more possibilities for more builds while others are just for one type of build. Even if we just stay in the Sorc class: Froster Lord is a great dude when ridden, but for a Sorc1, he is absolute mediocre and a waste of money as the AA of many other, cheaper summons is simply superior. In itself, “riding” is also part of your build (namely Sorc2 and not everyone goes Sorc2).

Someone who uses a Froster Lord on Sorc1 will have a very different opinion than someone who rides all the time on Sorc2 and that someone will have a different opinion again than someone who only rides on rare cases. So while “taking AA and skills” into account is a good starting point, you can be assured that some people will cast their vote based on AA, because they don’t ride often and others will largely cast their votes based on the skills since they ride a lot and see them more than they see the AA. If you want a more representative survey, it should have been divided at least also into AA and skills for each section (so double the survey questions, each asked two times, once for AA, once for skills).

But of course that’s still just my opinion. I stick with Helgasercle being the most well-rounded summon, though with better AA than skills (which are mediocre in range, but have great synergy potential). Marnox takes second place and would take first, but his initial delay means I get hit more than I get hit with Helgasercle and I prefer fighting a bit longer over dying. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thats why i think is better look the individual potential. Basing the summon’s potential with synergy builds will favor some more than others, and not everyone will do the same sorc build. The point here is to find the overall of them that can be used in several builds without problems for each mode of the game. :smiley:

U need to make this article everytime u answer a question? :sleeping:
If we base our votes on builds, of course some will always be the favorites because when we think of specific summon, we think of some build and synergy rather than individual potentials. It is better to think about the individual potential that will consequently become much stronger when it is in a specific build.