Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Right now I’m a sorc2-necro1-warlock2 and thinking of ditching it for sorc1-necro2-x-x.
One of the last 2 ranks is definitely gonna be onmyoji. So sorc1-necro2-onm1-X. Last rank thinking of onm2 or something else, but is it worth sacrificing last rank for sorc2?

Currently have plenty of skills to cast and riding is a pain in the ass especially when wiz are so squishy.
But gorkas and froster lord skills looks great…

From what I’ve read, omyoji’s skills are low-damage, multi-hit spells over very wide AoE with 2 - 3 overheats and short cooldowns. Riding is pretty time-intensive considering that most skills take 5 seconds or so to execute when you account for animation and the fact you have to stay on the Summon to maintain the Riding attribute’s damage bonus. By the time you get off your summon, some of the skills you have on cooldown are ready for casting again.

So, if you have a loooot of skills in your rotation, you may not even have time to cast all of them.

1 Like

what card equip reccomended for sor2?

now im

red : considering
blue : 3 armous
green : 3 linkroll
purple : 1 gazegolem 2 yeti

Red cards will depend on your other classes in the build. I recommend change Yeti for canceril.

Armaos + canceril are pretty good to let u survive way more while ridding

wiz2 link2 sor2 rc sage2

if u will not riding at all sorc1-necro 2 is really good option :slight_smile: and if u really want aoe go for omn2 if u want single target with some aoe go shadow :slight_smile: omn damage is no t that AWESOME but have lov cd so its still really good imo :slight_smile: but u will need good weapon to shine :slight_smile: expecially when u wiill put all your points into SPR :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats a unique combination xD
If you dont pretend to change the build, is better wait the wizard update. Maybe with the new adjusts will be easier to choose a red card for ur build. Maybe Chappa will be the best (only choice?) to get.

Hi guys.

Can i ask something about build?

Now I’m playing wi1 cryo3 sor2 wl1 sm2 - full SPR
(Gear staff+16 with marnox card)
after play for a while, I want to change sm2 because it too much skill and i want to focus on boss.

i think about

1. [wi1 cryo3] sor2 wl3
  2. [wi1 cryo3] sor3 wl2
  3. others build

thanks

The only thing bad with WL and Sorcerer is that you don’t get souls from Invocation. Other than that, it was pretty good when I used it.

Some other classes to consider if you’d like to focus more on riding:
Sage2: high CD, high SFR skills. Good AoE and single target, but Wizard 2 is kind of recommended.
FF3: I’m not sure if you’d like this. In a way, it’s similar to Shadowmancer with Kundela Slash’s low CD. You can use Levitate and Riding to be immune to melee monsters while riding and proc though.
Necro3: Common pick. Skeleton/Shoggoth attacks while you ride and they scale off of SPR as well.
RC/Enchanter: It might be a bug, but I believe you’re able to proc Rune of Giant attacks while riding. It’s a sketchy build and IMC might fix it at any point, so maybe not.
Chrono/Thaum: Support variation. Chrono’s Quicken can increase physical summon’s crit rate I believe. Thaum will have some buffs to summons with the wizard rebalance.

Can’t really recall any others that might go well with riding.

1 Like

Wl is not a good option with sorc if u want to focus only on bosses.
I recommend FF3.
Here my build
And here some gameplay

Very balanced strong. My main build, warlock kills mobs in AoE and strong damage overall while sorc keeps sustained dps. Also, warlock works well with frost pillar.

Sorc3 is weak still.

FF3 is an option but very limited range and mostly single target. WL is a better option imo (easier to deal damage with and better AoE).

my marnox around 50-60k is that poor? i think im in a mid gear now and if i go tran 10 if not riding . is summon atk more dmg ?

no, u have good damage :slight_smile: but i dont understand your question, summon still doing good damage even if ur not riding :slight_smile:

I think they’re asking if transcending their weapon to 10 will increase their damage? If that’s the question, then yes.

Untrue. Enervation can debuff all monsters within the range and Kundela Slash has 3 AoE ratio and another 3 with the characters default. Cat buff gives an extra 5 to have 11 AoE ratio, which can hit about 5 or so medium monsters. The hitbox for Kundela Slash is still pretty small though.

1 Like

That AoE attack ratio is there for usage with joint penalty, if you use kundela without joint penalty you will rarely be hitting more than 1 monster.

Idk how you could say FF being mostly single target is untrue. I never said FF can’t hit in an AoE, but most of their damage is certainly concentrated on kundela slash, a skill that most of the time only hits 1 target.

Just because enervation can hit in an AoE every 50 seconds (yes the cd is freakishly long) does not mean FF is suddenly a viable AoE dps. They are made for mostly single target (and with linker this changes, but still limited by joint penalty CD).

Just play something with actual AoE like Warlock or Ele and then play FF and you will realize what being mostly single target means.

Oh and look at the featherfoot thread and it explicitly says the design of the class:

I never said they were good at AoE, just that they’re not mostly single target.

thanks for reply can i know ur guys build ?

And I never said their skills were all single target (why be nitpicky?)

Their main skill is kundela slash, which is basically single target with the pathetic AoE it has. Unless you can prove me wrong and show a gameplay vid of FF consistently hitting multiple enemies with kundela without JP I’m not convinced.

So which classes has good synergy with sorc after the coming revamp?
Im lost =(

Pyro will be good if you have marnox.
My build will be pyro - eleme - sorc
but have a build with cryo + froster lord (equipped) for constant freeze, but needs testing.