Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

All ktest patches are already Live on KTOS server.

Necromancer survives pretty well even with low~average weapon at HG340. Skeletons die quite fast so prepare to resummon a lot. Yes AoE patch is nice. However hitbox of skeletons is small. Best to use linker to group mobs to let them AoE. Highest cost of necromancer is corpse & other attributes, for equip take full SPR and slowly work on getting better weapon. Necromancer is still bad vs boss.

If you want to support your summons, I recommend pyro2 (fire pillar stun), cryo1 (frost pike and ice bolt), linker (joint penalty, hangmanā€™s knot). I do not recommend thauma1/2 with swell arm:summon buffs for necromancer because skeletons die too fast. You will consume a lot of reagents to spam swell arm:summon buff for necro. Thaum summon:swell buff best for sorcerer summon (higher survival).

This was the summon patch:

----AoE attack ratio of summons buffed
Necromancer skeleton archer: 7 AoE attack ratio (OLD: 2)
Skeleton warrior: 6 AoE attack ratio (OLD: 1)
Shoggoth: [Attack 1] 11 AoE attack ratio, [Attack 2] 11 AoE attack ratio (OLD: attack1 6, attack2 6 aoe)

Sorcerer salamion [attack 1] 7 AoE, [Attack 2] 9 AoE, [attack 3] 7 AoE (OLD: attack1 2, attack2 4, attack3 2)

Bokor zombie 6 AoE (OLD: 1)
Wheeler zombie 6 AoE (OLD: 1_
Gargantuar zombie [attack1] 6 AoE, [attack2] 6 AoE (OLD: attack1 1, attack2 1).

1 Like

That low survivability makes me cringe. My current sorc-necro build has better calculated dps relative to my alternatives (been looking into resetting into a Pyro2/3-Thaum 1/2-Sorc2-Enchanter2 build) when it has the skeletons up, but if theyā€™re still fragile as glass despite all these patchesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m completely clueless on how I want to build my Sorcerer after the balance.

After hearing about how gutted Cryo is, I might go Wizard2>Linker2>Sorcerer2.
Other than that, I canā€™t decide between these.

FF3. Arguably the best single target burst.
Warlock3. Arguably the best AoE.
or Linker3/RC then Sage/Shadow.

Linker 3 has more mdef reduction, but is more focused on single target/boss.
RC has AoE mdef reduction, but less.

Sage seems pretty strong now.
Shadowmancer, itā€™s what Iā€™m using right now, but flying monsters are a bit annoying.

Iā€™ve been ruminating over this myself. My problem with Warlock is that the Summons donā€™t proc spirits (well, if this has been patched, please correct me), theyā€™ve reduced the overheat of Demon Claw, AND the cooldowns are just long. FF? I need Linker, and Iā€™d also have to hybridize my stats further. Sageā€™s cooldowns are also abysmal, and SMā€™s skills donā€™t hit flyers and Shadow Conjuration doesnā€™t have overheat. Never tried RC, though.

Not to mention that I really want to stick to Pyro ESPECIALLY with the way theyā€™ve reworked Firewall. I mean, I get 8 cells per cast, each of which can hit something up to 5 times, and at Level 10, thatā€™s 236% matk per hit. 1180% per cell; 9440% across the entire line. Itā€™s got 3 overheats, a short cd of 30 seconds, and an option to have a CC element in the form of a knockback. Granted, itā€™s impossible to squeeze all that damage down to a single target or two, but I think something like that would be useful in CM.

Right now Iā€™m contemplating Wiz1 - Pyro2/3 - Thaum1/2 - Sorc2 - Enchanter2. Full SPR stat allocation. Between skill usage and Riding, I should have about 40 seconds per minute of combat to autoattack with Lightning Hands (or 29 seconds if I have to channel all of Hell Breathā€™s ten seconds). The fixed damage from Enchant Fire, Enchant Lightning, and Swell Left should make up for Pyroā€™s low SFRs, and on top of those, I have some added DPS from my summon.

And the only problem with this build isā€¦ Iā€™ll no longer be a full summoner :sad:

:
even if is not on the options listed by you, i will recommend the full summoner build, is a little annoying because of the current hp of skeletons, but is very strong, and even if the current buffs to ff wl seems to make them very stronger i still believe that the full summoner would not lose anything to it, and since you do not need to dismount a lot to cast normal skills you will always be able to gain those 50% extra damage from riding.
there is some video on the ktest video thread, where templeshooter is doing 204k with one hit with decay from shogoth, so in this build earlier ranks does not really matter; since you would be using necro+templeshooter and would not need wiz3 for lethargy to use with marnox that as right now is very expensive but be aware that marnox price will drop with future patches because of all the ways to obtain it, like mercenary; albums and so on, but the way imc is applying patches we may see this arrive on itos only after a few months minimum.
and going for wiz2 linker2 sorcerer2-necro 3 is viable and a good choice as well.
will post the link below

As you can see in the video, the guy reach up to 200k with critical per hit with his templeshooter; if you add riding with 50% extra damage, since you do not need to dismount to use skills, is in my opinion one of the best build for a sorc 2,right now, and of course ranks 1-4 is free choice.

proā€™s:
the build is cheap(at least a little more than the others); since you do not need to invest in marnox for example; only weapon +spr set: a marnox have being sold for 170kk in silute this last month; this is almost the same price as going trans 6 and save half the gems from trans 7.
ranks 1-4 are free to choice from, there is no need to go wiz3 for example to take lethargy since you will be focusing on missile +decay bonus, so you can build it up the way you like.
combo really well with the ridding attribute, since you damage will mostly come from the summons, and skeletons and so on last a little longer in the field you will be able to use them and go riding for longer periods of time for that extra damage.
conā€™s: lack of bigger hit box from cards like marnox/garkos, since they are not missile and thus would not be used because does not benefit from decay but can be overcome with linker 2 at earlier ranks!.

Long unnecessary explanation.

True, Summons donā€™t proc Warlock, but itā€™s still a solid AoE damage dealer without it.
The reason theyā€™ve reduced Demon Clawā€™s OH was that itā€™s strong with Drain, I believe. You basically get guaranteed increased 50% dark attacks with Drain. Itā€™s basically;
2,319%x3=6,957%
vs
2,976%x1.5x2=8,928%
Multiply that by the number of hits.
The long CD allows you to use riding during the wait.

For FF, having Linker isnā€™t mandatory in my opinion, just recommended. Even with Linker, you summon would most likely be killing it before you can use your FF skills. I see it more for self heal, Kundela Slashā€™s insane damage, immunity to physical monsters and Enervation.

About Sageā€™s cooldown, same thing. Riding during cooldown.

SM skills do hit flying monsters, itā€™s just weaker. No dot for Shadow Conjuration and double Shadow Thorn hit.

RC would mainly play in with my want of Froster Lord. Lower mdef of monsters for Froster Lord.

Unless you have a Falconer 3 party member with Aiming perhaps. Falconerā€™s aiming does make some summons attack better as well.

The reason I didnā€™t want Pyro in my build was because Iā€™d be using Froster Lord and that would be weird to me. That build seems pretty good. Too bad you canā€™t squeeze in Elementalist with Pyro 2, Sorcerer 2 and Enchanter 2.

@nery_ma I understand that Necro 3 would be a strong build, but I donā€™t really want to go that route. Itā€™s just preference of mine.
I already have a Marnox, but Iā€™m planning on using Froster Lord a majority of the time even though Marnox is better.

How do you give that drop-down? Iā€™ve seen it on other posts but canā€™t quite do it myself. XD

Re: use of riding while waiting for cooldowns to go away. Doesnā€™t really mesh with my playstyle. I like using Riding as a form of Burst DPS. I go through my skill rotation, ride, use them boss skills, jump down, and repeat. Skills with cooldowns longer than 30 seconds tend to beā€¦ still on cooldown by the time I jump down :haha: I dunnoā€¦ it just feels slower, lumbering on my boss monster, hitting hard on those basic attacks.

Re: other information. Ughā€¦ that just makes me more at a crossroads on what classes I want. So many options!

Unless you have a Falconer 3 party member with Aiming perhaps. Falconerā€™s aiming does make some summons attack better as well.

I was referring to Firewall. IIRC you just create a literal line of fire perpendicular to the direction youā€™re facing. But yes, aiming with summon skills is a bit of a headache.

Press the gear and hide details.

Fair enough. Different people have different preference.

I was referring to Firewall as well. It should make monsters hitbox bigger to get hit by more flames right? The hitbox for bosses gets pretty big so if Iā€™m mistaken, all of Firewallā€™s flames should hit for a huge burst.
The summon comment was just a bonus with Falconer 3ā€™s aiming.

Wiz3-Ele3-Sorc1-Sm2
Full SPR

2 Likes

Wiz2-Linker3-Sorc2-Sage2. Any video on this?

Does it seem good?

went to
Wiz1-Pyro3-Sorc2-Necro3 with Netherbovine, Mirtis, Templeshooter and Nuodai
Solo playing can surely clear mobs @DG340 with no pain (less red pot than pure sorc)
@Valandis map CM, can completed LV3 and its ok for me

yeah! i like this summoner so much

thank you for advise!

1 Like

How often do you resummon in CM? I donā€™t have trans weapons yet so Iā€™m curious to know how well the summons fare in higher-def content when one has endgame gear.

most of minions still survived until CD reset :slight_smile:

today, i tested with +11 purple staff 350 without trans, i didnā€™t go well since CM2

maybe output dmg is key point (i means; if summons deal a ton of dmg, less incoming dmg from enemies)

The problem is enemy def and the log ratio at higher CM stages. Low INT and low weapon matk -> low base damage -> low atk-def ratio -> less than 33% of base damage gets through -> thatā€™s the number the system uses to apply SFRs.

Summons need to do lots of damage to stay alive when theyā€™re swarmed with mobs. You lose the summons, then all the aggro focuses on you. Iā€™m not geared well, so all my summons melt to the mobs in CM2. Skellies and Shoggoth last less than 30 seconds. Boss dies just before the cd resets.

Iā€™ve already done swapping out to Enchanter. I really miss the skellies, but Iā€™ve been having an easier time surviving in HG340 maps since the switch. Also love how all those delicious buffs compensate for my low matk.

Though Iā€™m still curious to know how long those summons will last in CM6+ with a fully-geared sorc-necro. If itā€™s good, I may switch right back to pure summoner when IMC implements the patch on iTOS and hands out them rank resets. XD

Ice wall save Marnox from die

Necr before patch: poor aoe dmg and his summon have slowly AI
After future patch summon have aoe and maybe look beter
1 Like

how squishy is the summon at Sorc1? Iā€™m thinking of abandoning Sorc2 to squeeze in some other class.

Probably not that different from Sorc2 XD

Btw, has anyone here tried Stone Whale card (to equip)? It procs when you attack, reducing damage by 10% for 5 seconds. Iā€™ve had the luck to seize one at 250k silver (at Varena thereā€™s only one other seller right now and itā€™s priced at 3m) and so far my experience has been good even with the card at level 5.

IMC should be a rework def for summon!
For attack summon: formula + weapon but for def armor not taken for +formula, and all summon die like girl virginity at a party

friendā€¦ tell me more your experience on stone whale, couz ill buy me so.e for my tank XD

Sure. FYI, Iā€™m currently a Pyro-Sorc-Enchanter (whether it stays that way post-rebalance patch depends on well-geared Sorc-Necro performance in CM6+) farming in Etereos Coast (or however you spell it). This means many of my skills are true multihits and Iā€™m constantly swarmed by mobs no matter where I go on the map.

Level 5 stone whale ā€“ 1.7% proc rate per attack. Thus far Iā€™ve confirmed it to trigger off of my skills and my basic attacks and, like any other on-attack cards it does not trigger from Boss and Salamion. Itā€™s usually active during each of my skill rotations, and last night, Iā€™ve seen the duration fresh back to 5 seconds at least three times. So it should proc often even after IMC patches the auto-refresh.

As for efficacy, wellā€¦ itā€™s kinda hard to watch out for the damage numbers while Iā€™m actively farming. But Iā€™ve been using less HP potions than before I equipped the card, and normally, when Iā€™m expecting to have 50% to 60% hp left, what I have is closer to 70%. It feels consistent with that ā€œ10% less damageā€ā€¦ or maybe Iā€™m just lucky that my summon is taking away the aggro properly. :laughing:

Thatā€™s really all I have to say about it right now. Iā€™ll just have to do experiments later on, if someone hasnā€™t already done that by then. Iā€™ll do that once I get the card to level 10 (3.3% proc rate). That may not happen for a while though; Iā€™m saving up all my silver and items to buy a masinios 1h mace recipe off of someone and itā€™s probably going to cripple me but itā€™ll be so damn worth it. :haha:

1 Like