Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

I have done my maths comparing Necro Damage with Sorc 2 + WL1 and based in what its yor experience with Sorc 3 I can say Necro do more damage.

The cons of Necro: No mana issues but waste money in Corpses Potions AND dificult to land Flesh Cannon in a pack of mobs without assistance of Linker or Cryo. But Wiz 3 is a must. NO AOE. and Difficult to Solo.

The cons of Sorc 2 + WL is the SP. Similar to the SP usage of Sorcerer 3 but the main problem people dont realize is the CD of Pole of Agony (120 secs) and Dark Theurge seems to hits only 5 times (In the video when a Spirit hits a mob it dissapears). Plus the Pet skill I think will do more dps tan Sorc 3 alone with Moorph. (I assume Sorc2 WL 1 dont morph because is busy casting other spells.) Wiz 3 is a must at last in WL build.

So in clonclusion I think both clases have Cons and Pros, both clases waste a lot of money to fast grind. So if we count how many damage can be done in 2 minutes Necro wins by far, second followed by Sorc 2 WL and finally Sorc3.

The problem of Sorc3 is that dont add much for a new Rank. The damage gain by Int is minimal, and the skills of Sorc3 are useless. Is better option go WL1 and wait what happens in the future with Sorc 3. Because imagine someone goes Sorc 3 thinking when in the future I will be better. But that future change wont give you a free reset skill points.

Personally I dont like the mechanics of Corpse consumption and I dont like the SP drain of Sorc. Plus in my build I dont have Wiz3 so im fuckd off. Even reroll dont seems good because of the mechanics I dislike. The best I can do is follow my original Sorc3 route because im missing Wiz3.

Haha that is why once i hit sorc 3 i left it there till rework and rerolled a new class to play! I have faith that i will be good someday.

@keherbirsingh

Hi, my build is wiz cryo 3 sorc 2, I canā€™t decide my rank 7, I was thinking to choose necro cause it have more dmg and skills have a short CD compared to warlock, I really need dmg, so u think worth it necro 1 as rank 7?

Hi, I have seen your dilema in the fĆ³rums. Just to answer you question, two Flesh Cannon = 500 Silver (Corpse Pot). Thats 500 Silver every minute. WL haves high CD yes, but grinding 2 mins if what you need to gather a packs of mobs. Both will work Fine with your Frost Pilar CD 49 secs. I believe Necro will be more expensive tan WL, but not sure.

I have seen a lot of videos of pet build, but is Sorc1 and Necro 2. The game style of pet build is for proā€™s. You have to jump a lot in close combat to evade the boss attacks with the mobs so all your pets dump AI attacks all the time. Its difficult need a lot of potions and very Low Ping.

Normally people take only Sorc1 for the pet and cat bufs. In your case you are Sorc 2. Sorc3 wont give you much, but not being Wiz3 I wouldnt take Necro or WL because your damage will be 50% lower. Thats is my personal opiniĆ³n.

Personally I dont like Sorc with Necro, because you will have the worst of two clases, the SP drain and the Corpse Managment with potions. If you plan to use Necro pets and use Flesh Cannon and Flesh Hoop in Bosses only It will be a Improve Sorc 2. But take in account the problems with pets Necro have:

Avoid Necromancer

Not taking Necro 2 in Rank 7 will be a waste. Future wise will be better take WL1 in Rank 7.

If you take WL, only to cast a secuence of WL attacks in 2 mins is 1000 SP. Sorcs normally have low SP around 1600, so be WL means you will drink SP potions like wƔter.

I cant give you a definitive answer. Take in account the Pros and Cons of your options and decide understanding that anyone of them are far away from beign pefect.

1 Like

@keherbirsingh thanks!

Well, Iā€™m actually still at sorc 1 , so, I could choose sorc 2 and warlock or I could choose necro 1 and necro 2, with desinter I would spend less silver with corpses.

I saw this video, very coolā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t decide at 170, can i do rokas robe, roxona plate leg boot glove, or do i have to have all 4 piece for the extra 10% or else it is very easy to die?

in the first place sorc dmg is really and thats the fact where imc maked that (dammn) if u wan dps u should go for wiz elem wl ā€¦

Necroā€™s damage skill scale poorly with more circles added to it.

Warlockā€™s doesnā€™t.

Make better calculations, even theurge with 25 hits, 10% increased from dark prop att can do close damage to FC+FH, and that at circle 1.

1 Like

Current build->intended:
Wiz->Cryo 3->Sorc 3

Robe+Staff(used in places iā€™m not hit constantly):
Rokas Robe(+10 INT)
Maledoom (+22 INT)
Zachariel bangle(+3 INT)
Merregina Bangle(+2 INT)
Petamion(+8 INT)
Total = +45 INT

Items left to complete partially:{ Roxona Pants(+5 INT), Control Bangle(+3 INT) , Max Petamion(+14 INT), Arca Staff(+25 INT, no info found on recipe) }
Total intended = +57 INT/+60(arca)

ENDGAME:
Lolopanther Full robe armor (+25 INT)
Lolopanther Medal(+20 INT)
Intended final gear: Lolopanther Robe, Lolopanther Medal, Zachariel Bangle, Control Bangle, Maledoom/Arca
Total intended = +73 INT/+76(arca)

Note these arenā€™t the best cost-efficiency items nor will make a huge difference in damage(probably something around 300? lol), given iā€™ll have to use a lot of potions to keep me alive and it is strongly advised for any sorcerer to have a plate set as an alternative.

Plate set:
Whatever makes you tankier :grin: (probably Lolopanther Plate)
and a shield, do not forget your shield at home.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using audra and I donā€™t want to change it, I donā€™t think thatā€™s any better staff, I also use a rod that gives me int.

@moises_andre12

So I can choose warlock, pole at lvl 5 and theurge at lvl 5, and I will let 5 points left to w8 for cicle 2 ā€¦its an ideaā€¦

@LadyFullbuster

yes, I still plan on taking Invocation 5 I think, not sure though, really want to test it out. If used correctly 30% dark increase can mean a LOT. Itā€™s also a buff with 100% uptime at level 8 from itā€™s current formula so it might me worth it, still thinking about it though, wish we had some videos demonstrating how Invaction and itā€™s attribute actually works.

@moises_andre12

well, the idea of invocation skill seems nice in theory, but not in action.
So to u get the bonus of dark dmg u have to be very close to one spirit, and it will summon spirits just from mobs that u kill, not your pet, so for me its kind useless, I havenā€™t much dmg, my TS kills everything mostly. Iā€™m not sure about this yet but, dark theurge lvl 10 would have like 10 spiritsā€¦ this sounds nice
I hope they release this cicle 2 as soon as possible, it will help all of us.

@DogeSummoner

Iā€™d like to use audra cause of my cryo skills, and to give me int to summoning I could use epos rod, that allows me to use a shield at the same time so I can improve my phys def also magical def with shield mastery of cryo .
Do u know something about how to get epos rod? or even if its possibleā€¦

Hereā€™s the thing, I believe strongly your summon only gets your int at the time of summon, so swapping to maledoom->summon->swap back to rod+shield is what Iā€™ve been doing lately in dangerous places. we need more serious test on it thoughā€¦ Divina stigma lv 11 and Transmit Prana 6 would be good @.@

I have no info on Epos recipe loc, but looking at its status (229 matk, LV 120) i believe its impossible to get. See this to compare

1 Like

I use summoning with arch rod, them swap to audra, I use rod when I need to tank tooā€¦

@DogeSummoner

Iā€™m curious , wich skills of sorc 3 will u put points into?

I love sorcerer so much that almost want do the cicle 3, so desmodus 5 (should be dark dmg not earth LOL) , summoning 15, and evocation 5 (yes evocation, I hope this skill can be improved), why dont do warlock? cause I have sure that will have awesome rank 8 classes that donā€™t match with warlock c1

I can use potions (hp/sp)) when Iā€™m mounted on templeshoter using the keyboard but by default i am using the joystick. I think this is a bug

(sry for the enlgish im using google translate)

@LadyFullbuster

If what you want is a rank 8+ new class, donā€™t take Warlock.

I want to get warlock to circle 2 or 3, thatā€™s why iā€™m trading Sorc 3 for it, but remember that itā€™s always good to close full circles as soon as possible.

@Leerin_Frontier

iā€™ll test it out if it can be done without joystick.

EDIT: Just tested, with keyboard only you canā€™t do that, pretty good bug you found, try reporting it at a proper bugs forum.

1 Like

@moises_andre12

If I have an idea about warlock c2 skills , would help a lotā€¦maybe if I donā€™t like rank 8 new classes, I could do something like sorc 3 at rank 7 them warlock 1 ,2 and 3, since warlock and sorc have great synergy cause they are dark classes. Just w8 and seeā€¦ I donā€™t like to w8 hahaha

Question for high lvl sorcerers:
Can templeshooter still tank at high lvl maps like 260-280?
You think it will still be useful when rank 10 classes come out?

At last. Few minutes before the server close i made my c1 sorcerer :slight_smile:

I saved 10 points from c2 and insta-maxā€™d Summoning and Desmodus, 1 point in evocation and iā€™m gonna spend the 14 left on Familiar

Desmodus is neutral magic(NOPE!! ITS EARTH MAGIC), like energy bolt(at least in the description in-game). It used to have earth as property because tosbase uses that as default, as the game also do. Familiar and Evocation are dark, if that helps you.

It can still tank nicely whithin 6~8lvs difference, anything more than that will insta-boom him. You can see that at siauliai mission, whenever there is someone 10lvs more than you, TS will die at bosses, sometimes even before Summoning comes out of cooldown. If you have CC donā€™t be afraid to use it, Templeshooters are dumb but they have feelings too, donā€™t let him down :sob: .

Welcome to the SPholics Anonymous, please take your sit there, between featherfoot and hunter. :joy:

EDIT: DESMODUS IS EARTH PROPERTY! Tested against lightning mobs and it is indeed earth, the description is misleading as it only has [magic] and not [Magic] - [Earth]. Iā€™m not sure if it should be earth though as it doesnā€™t make much sense blood-draining bats a ground spell :confused: @LadyFullbuster

1 Like