Tree of Savior Forum

Avoid Necromancer

Let me start by saying that I am happy I got to C2 necromancer as it took great effort seeing as I took pyromancer which in itself is the most annoying class if you love fireball. With that sad id like to make a list of pros before hitting the cons since the tittle of this thread demands I rage.

Pros : You get 5 skeleton pets which makes for great distractions for annoying trash mobs.
-You get a tanky Shoggoth that takes great damage before falling.
-Corpse Cannon its just a great damage skill.
-Nice turret for continuous damage.
-Nice meat shield for 15 sec of aoe.
-An ok wall.

Cons : Skeletons are literally worthless in any boss fight as all it takes is 1 AoE from the boss to obliterate 90% of them.
- Skeletons are constantly bugging in random areas forcing you to relog to resummon or else the skill just fizzels if you try to resummon at location.
- Skeletons deal mediocre damage.
- Because of all the negatives of having skeletons you waste a vast amount of corpse resource.
- Shaggoth also bugs constantly.
- Both Shaggoth and Skeletons only attack when you stand still and let them regroup right on top of your location, making for dodging AoEā€™s and boss attacks a real pain.
- Corpse Cannon has a ridiculous cost of corpses, literally 2 casts = 500 silver.
- All the skills mentioned above cost a dreadful amount of corpse resource.

I have gone thru 100k silver of corpse potions just grinding in Alameth, using the skills regularly as it is the only way to optimize the class damage. There isnā€™t that much needed to fix these problems really.
First off lower the cool down of Skeletons to 30 sec because of their fragile nature you are guaranteed to summon them continuously.
Second make disinter A PASSIVE, gathering corspes should not feel like a chore, let us collect corpses naturally, or at least make Disinter a buff you can turn on to gather corpses of your fallen enemies.
Thirdly please PLEASE change pet uiā€¦all pets in the game are utterly mentally challenged, in fact leave them as is, just make them respond immediately when you attack an enemy, pet should rush at the target as servant acts to its masters enemies.

Seriously thou please change corpse gathering or remove the gimmick all toghether and double the cost of SP the skills need. Either way the necromancer in its current state is in my opinion a terrible class to strive for. I see classes out damage me and when I want to compete I am punished with a bill to buy more corpse potionsā€¦Please helpā€¦

• Edit : And pleaseā€¦ make all pets teleport to you if you run too farā€¦ the fact that IF one of your pets agroes a random mob as you are fleeing or passing by makes for a painful traveling experience because if your pets agro something random thatā€™s it your forced to kill that mob or lose your pets since they will stay there and not return to you.
26 Likes

Man that life sure sounds tough
Iā€™m looking to make a Necro too in the future because it looks more fun than Sorc but the horror of those words of yours are real :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeah kinda what I figured, necro a total mess. My wizard is at wiz3 waiting to see how things turned out at tier 7 necro, but looks like its shelved till pets are fixed.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Total agree.

Necro need re-work a lot.

Tip : When going mission or instance DG, use search party. You will not lost any fragment, it will back to 300 after finish.

Welcome to playing a minion base class in any game. It is riddled with bugs and problems.

Keep on the grind though. There only another giant wall at the end.

Tried this back in iCBT2. NecroC1 is not worth it atm. Maybe it gets better later on in higher circles.

oh man, thanks so much for this post i was about to make a necro. i forgot how terrible the AI is ><

theyā€™re pretty responsible on wow :0
but thats because you actually get buttons to give them orders, like stop, follow, assist and attack.

ā€¦and the pet not teleporting to you when its too far is just hella lazy

You screwed up by going pyro. Wiz3 Necro2ā€™s flesh cannon, when fully attributed, can do well over 70,000 damage a shot per target (probably over 100,000 at 260+). To up to 14 targets in the blast radius. 20 second cooldown. You missed out on +50% damage, -50% cast time on your cannon by going pyro.

Iā€™m more than happy to pay 500 silver to kill some other partyā€™s entire mob before their dps can even dent them. The rage this gets from the cookie cutter Wiz3/Ele3/Warlocks is truly delicious - their damage is similar but it takes a lot longer to dish out, whereas the Flesh Cannon is nearly instant death.

I love my Necro2.

We are in agreement the pets need work, though.

4 Likes

But TOS is at itā€™s early stages. I never played wow so I would only ā€œassumeā€ that the early stages of wow for summon base class was also as atrocious if not worst.

We get ā€œdirectionā€ skills as well for sorc but it is at c2 . . . .-dies inside a little-.

1 Like

I also really like necro. In pvp my summons are super annoying to the others and itā€™s much harder to target me. In pve skeletons are fragile, but since I am cryo, the enemies are always frozen so the skellies put in work. I recommend necro. Flesh cannon is amazing.

1 Like

I havenā€™t PVPā€™d yet, how usable do you feel Flesh Cannon is in pvp? I imagine itā€™s pretty hard to land.

A simple way to improve mageā€™s summon classes is bringing the command skills from sorcerer to C1 and making these skills work for any pet/summon, so you just needed to get sorc C1 to command everything.
Would be good these kind of skills on hunter too, but thatā€™s another problem xD

I donā€™t know why so many people think necromancers useless. As I said in other threads, alone the decay debuff makes this class worthwile as long as you play with any archer in your party, because of its +100% missile damage bonus. I got one random dungeon group with four archers and me and the damage was just insane :smiley:

I am currently cryo 3, psycho 1, necro 1 at level 193 or something and compared to my girlfriend playing archer my costs on corpse ā€˜potionsā€™ to her costs on sp potions are not even close (while I rarely have to consume sp potions myself without any point in spirit). So it is not that expensive in my opinion.

You just donā€™t have to spam Flesh Cannon on monsters who die in the first few ticks anyway (unless in boss fights I wait for my cooldown of Frost Pillar because its a great combo) and summon only a new Shoggoth if his decay is usefull (one or more archers in your party). I donā€™t know about the skeletons yet but even as it doubles my current corpse consumption I would be fine. :wink:

I think this class is strong enough even if they donā€™t fix the pet issues. But I hope they will thoughā€¦

My flesh cannon has massive aoe. Even if I miss, it hits them.

necro summons can handle pve spots like demon prison?

so shoggoth is only useful if theres an archer, and you only use flesh cannon?

i mean, its still doesnt sound all that goodā€¦

(focus on SOUND cause iā€™m yet to play with wizards who dont auto attack nonstop)

1 Like

what did you go for after wiz3? :o

same. i have bokor and bokor is really buggy too. i guess imc hates the dark summoning classes xD