Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
I already have a Wiz2-Linker1-Thaum3-Sorc1-Shadow2 so I’m not looking for a second Shadowmancer. And while I have to admit that the Thaum3 is good for her (as she can’t ride), I really dislike the graphics of Thaum on top of thinking that Thaum3 will be a waste. The issue is that I don’t know how much I can ride later, when enemies actually start surviving. If I will continue to ride lots, then Linker (to jump down and Link and for bosses) seems better. If I will be required to do more ground-fighting and my Cryo skills are required to do damage, well, then Thaum is the way to go, I assume.

I suppose I will scratch Chrono then. Just Quicken is definitely not worth it.

Oh, also my Necro has only Linker2 and she’s insanely good even without the attribute of Linker3. Like, really good. I mean, sure, she would be better with Linker3, but I didn’t regret picking Cryo1 instead of Linker3 for her. I find Linker2 viable, which is why I consider it with RC in combination.

Featherfoot is a class I want to test one day, but not on this character. :wink:

Well, I’m at class 15 now and until I decide, there’s not much more playing with her getting done, lol. I’m super-indecisive on her since I love her so much right now and don’t want to mess up.

Totally different note: I submitted the videos to the bug report about legendary card summons now. I’ll keep you guys updated when/if I get a reply. :slight_smile:

well, i can tell you this. i ride almost all the time on my main sorc, i only hop off for bosses when i need high burst from my SM2 skills. Froster Lord is actually summon i use for riding, even while having marnox. with riding attribute lvl100 and +11 primus staff trans5 and 5 lvl7 blue gems in it i pretty much one-shot almost all mobs in HG340 with any of the 2 Froster Lord skills (not auto attack one). so if you wish to go that route, there is not much need to hop off your summon when fully committed to riding. Hell, even in Challenge mode froster lord performs better then marnox with all the 10-hit skills he has on short cooldowns (marnox skills are weaker and have bigger cooldowns)

1 Like

This is super-important information for me, thank you so much!
My Marnox is on my Shadowmancer and I find him… okay. Like, I don’t get where his price tag comes from. He’s good, but Froster Lord is better for riding and Helgasercle is better for auto-attacking/crowd-control (and can be used for the occasional skill use in combination with Linker to wipe the screen). I would give Marnox 3rd place overall.

My Necro has a great +11 Primus Staff, but I have no shards to trans it (that also would still make it untradeable…) as I spent all my shards on Legendary Helgasercle to buy her. :stuck_out_tongue: Still, I do, in the end, want to go there and make this character as much of a riding character as possible.

I suppose that means that RC might not be needed and be unpractical with its casttimes, even, and it’s either Linker3 or Thaum3. Thaum1 would add the 10% more attack, but I feel it’s likely/hopefully unneeded in farming and for bosses, Linker3’s Spirit Shock would help more than Thaum3 would. I definitely need something to deal with bosses, to be honest, as I cannot freeze them at all.
Also Linker is refreshingly cheap, attribute-wise, and if I get the riding attribute up to 100, that’ll already make me poor (not that I can afford it right now; I have it at 70 at the moment).

So I suppose Linker it is. Thank you for helping me decide! :hugs: Guess I’ll have another Cryo-Linker-character now, but since she plays differently from my Necro, I don’t think I will mind too much.

1 Like

i think i’ll go for wiz 2 linker 3 sorc 3 sage 1

just my comment.
i had a pretty similar build, tho instead i got sorc2-sage2, which i personally would recommend over sorc3. Not saying your version isn’t viable, but compared to 2nd circle of Sage, sorc C3 gives pretty much nothing. it lacks a lot both in terms of damage and utility and does not increase your summon potential visibly. but if you decide to go specifically sorc 3 - it’s also okay, maybe it’ll get reworked at some point.

1 Like

I don’t want to double post, but my thread is obviously ignored so could anyone check it out and give me some help please? I’d appreciate it very much…

well, imo theres no need for sorc to bother with non grimoire cards until like really late game, and even then it’s more whatever works for you (except for linkroller).

my setup is (i can’t say it’s even good)

• purple 2 gazing golem 1 canceril
  • blue 3 armaros
  • green 3 linkroller (obviously)
  • red 3 frosterlord (for multi hit skills i use when not mounted)

and no legendary cuz i’m a filthy casual and don’t want to bother with it

Cards don’t play a big role so you can just test stuff for yourself as now you can unequip those with silver

and for necro part you are in a wrong thred :smiley: or at least i am not able to help.

Thanks for the info ^^ But I’d appreciate it if you answered in my thread, no need to clutter this one, and as you said it’s half necro.

I noticed that’s a bad habit of a lot of your posts is that you assume you know the intentions of the devs.

Nobody knows what goes on in their weird brains except them D:

The way I read it, it seemed like legendary cards are supposed to be stronger than normal cards in every aspect; it doesn’t make sense why sorc summon would be an exception.

no one actually has a 10* demon lord but i think even people with cards lvl 6/7 should have a demon lord stronger than regular cards and that’s not happening apparently :tired:

I’m sorry if my posts make you feel that way. Obviously I try my best to analyze what they intent from the information provided.
I do acknowledge the fact that I can be wrong tho and nothing I say on those matters I can 100% guarantee. I feel that goes without saying tho so I tend to not mention it. :x

Well that’s what I initially thought too. Based on the patch notes and actual effect in game I started to question that.
When reading the dev blog either in english or korean there is nowhere any clear indication that summons would or should be more powerful with legendary cards.

Based on all that led me to believe that only cosmetic side is intented. So far there’s no clear evidence pointing otherwise. I can understand why people would feel otherwise cause the dev blog is so vague.

To me it makes sense tho why cause they’re very hard/expensive to get and also very expensive to level. Each and every single legendary card is better off used for character rather than summoning. In my opinion it would create a way too high investment requirement for the class they perhaps didn’t want to make.
This is why I hope thats what they think too but I can’t be sure of course.

Since the discussion about the legendary cards picked up again: I haven’t gotten a reply yet. They had asked me for the videos, which I posted the link in the ticket reply for (I uploaded them on youtube since replying to a ticket lets you only upload 1MB images and also not embed youtube videos, so all I could do was provide a link). So I have no news about either the same stats on normal and legendary cards or about the morph thing. Also no one replied to the thread in the bug report forum yet - also no other players, though, so maybe it’s just a Helga-issue… or no one but me uses legendary summons. I did see legendary Marnox run around in Kalejimas before, though.

I personally just keep summoning my legendary Helga. She’s too pretty not to summon and people seem to expect that she’s stronger anyway - or at least I didn’t get any comments about not using my normal 10* Helga yet. :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, she’s definitely weaker; I can tell because she can’t one-shot the mobs in the 300 dungeon anymore which 10* Helga can.

1 Like

I have a demon lord marnox 3*
trying to sell it but the new updates are not helping.

the dmg is not good enough, it’s squishier than the regular 10* marnox and i don’t think it worth the investment since you can’t be a main dps with Sorc.

anyways, the marnox legend bonus itself looks pretty good if you equip on a doppel, falconer, musketter.

i don’t think they will fix/change anything anytime soon so i wouldn’t recommend investing on any demon lord for a main dps. unless you can afford and want it but than w/e.

1 Like

I don’t do field bosses, raids, whatever, simply because I lag too much. I’m glad I can semi-do Saalus and dungeons. Because of that, I don’t care about being a main dps or anything, I just want to play what’s fun and for me, Sorc is the class that’s the most fun.:blush:

And I’m well aware that my legendary Helga would help some of my characters (thinking of my Ele-Warlock) very immensely with her SP-recovery-upon-kill effect. Not gonna lie. That would be the smartest thing I could do with the card, especially since 3* is plenty for the effect and I wouldn’t have to level her higher…ever.
But I just can’t do it. Helga is my fav character in the whole game and not summoning legendary Helga, who is so colorful and looks much more like boss-Helga than the black normal summon, seems like such an absolute crime.:confounded: I love her too much.

But yeah, she sure is squishy. The less damage is something I can somehow sort of live with since I’m Necro and have other summons and can also link. But the rate at which her health bar goes down is pretty crazy and she’s definitely not ideal for Sausys CM or anything like that. I mean, resummoning is easy, especially when there’s four other players and the rest of my summons with me, but still… it’s just pretty disheartening. Something awesome-shiny-pretty-big like a legendary summon should somehow reflect that special look in battle instead of being an inferior version. It just seems all-around wrong.

Still, I feel like your guess of them not going to change anything anytime soon will likely be correct. I’ll still hold onto hope, though - I’m not giving up on Helga, ever.:triumph:

I have one more question:

While I have a Sorc2/Necro3, I was wondering if I should try a Sorc3 build. Is there a good full SPR S3 build? Something like W1/C3/S3/Sa2? Or maybe W3/?1/S3/?2 to improve strike types through Lethargy attribute (Marnox, Gorkas)?
I have no idea which to classes pick because other than summon all my other damage is going to be crap…

I guess this is a bit of quantity over quality matter. Will one card summon outperform Nec3 tons of adds?

just my 5 cents, sorc 3 is useless. it doesn’t have anything related to summons, just 2 sh*tty damaging skills, so it will be a waste of rank if you take it while focusing on summoning.

I know, I was just wondering if 10% increase in stats for Summoning was worth a rank.

Actually S3/O2 sounds kinda nice to me, but I have problem with the first 4 ranks.
W3/T1 gives me Surespell & Quick Cast so Onm’s skills aren’t interrupted, also Lethargy’s c3 attribute for strike types. As for Thau, SLA for matk (IDK if this buff affects summon) and Swell & Shrink.
W1/C3 Cryo coupled with Onm will get me a ton of CC, but no Surespell.

As for Sorc3/O2:

• Do I need Summon Servant? I don’t feel these buffs and 2k per consumable seems like a waste of points and silver.
  • Can I ditch Attack/Hold Ground? I honestly never use them.
  • I’m wondering if Salamion 15 would be better than Familiar 15. Wile Sala benefits from SPR, Familliars, even if maxed, don’t feel like they give that much damage, and due to full SPR their damage will be crap even if 15 of them kamikaze all at once. I don’t really feel their effect, especially in instances, and I have to constantly resummon them.
  • Evocation - “Attack enemies with a summoned devil based on the secondary card equipped in the Grimoire.” I’m wondering if that’s good depending on the 2nd card… Is it better depending on the type of the card or the amount of stars it has?

As for Onm everything’s fine ^^

• I don’t need the fox & water shikigami.
  • Greenwood’s attribute is old Frost Pillar, sucks mobs in.
  • Genbu Armor - I can have practically permanently due to my absurd amount of SP & SP regen (yes I know SP doesn’t recover while it’s active).
  • Toyou - eh, it’s a DoT, but better than water due to it’s immobilize attribute.

So it boils down to wether I want more CC or utility, but I want to hear your opinions.

imo w3-t1 is the most beneficial, you get double damage for magic missile from thaum buff, you get all you need for your onm to feel good while casting, also you get quite decent bonus spell with low CD (Earthquaqe) for your rotation if you ever need a filler.

for some reason i believe increase from sorc3 is less then 10%, tho i personally haven’t tested, but from vids it looked to me that way. and i think it is not worth it if you ask me. i personally use that rank for FF. being able to self-heal pretty much whenever i need it is a really good survivability boost, not to say it pretty much eliminates the need for HP potions, making you totally self-sustainable, tho it’s only my personal preference.

Cat is useful sometimes so i would still rather have it for harder content to buff the party (SP recovery and AAR increase are just too nice to ignore).

i find summon commands useful in some situations, but again up to you, if you don’t use em at all, i think you can ignore those.

salamion is only 1 point. rest is waste. attack increase for me lvl1 vs lvl 10 was only 3-4k per attack… and his attack is super slow, so it’s not worth it at all.

i know very little about evocation except for there are far better skills in terms of damage in other classes :smiley:

for Cryo - with onm tree there is not much reason to go cryo imo. so i would suggest wiz3-thaum1-sorc2-ff1-onm2

playing omnyoji2 without surespell and quickcast is going to be problematic Imo, also Wiz3 synergizes very well with both Summoner (strike attribute) and omnyoji2, cryo doesn’t seem that useful compared to it.

I’d take at least 1 point into desmodeus to try it out and see for myself if it’s bad and how, I’d never base my whole game on what other say without even trying the skills myself, but maybe it’s just me

about omnyoji2:

• not taking water shikigami is an error because it’s quite strong,
  • greenwood pull is very very light, a walking mob can escape the pull easily
  • the immobilize attribute of toyou is very costly and also…useless, because it scatters mobs all around and the skill itself does less damage to knocked down mobs

normal demon lord cards are almost on par with monarchs and more efficient because they’re easy to 10*. Using a Legendary Card as a summon is a HUGE WASTE because:

1. They’re almost almost impossible to 10* thus lowering their overall stats
  2. Equipping them brings more benefit

They’re intended to be equipped, not to be summoned