Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

imo any, depends on which playstyle you like.

SM will have synergy with FF hexes, onm will have worse damage but great aoe and genbu armor will be nice with full SPR build.

also if you like auto attacking, you can consider enchanter 2, or also you can pick sage for some damage/utility. i’ve tried all except onm, they all worked really fine, but depends on your goals.
I satyed with SM for easier time carrying saalus runs (bosses are dead pretty much just after shadow thorn goes on cooldown, so in 4 hits). but if you plan more on doing CM you might want to go with onm, or if you want some missile protection and teleport and decent damage (not as high as SM with similar gear but still quite high), you can go sage…

Thanks, that cleared it up for me, I’ll stick with SM (as a plus it has a cooler costume XD). Could you check my build and tell me if there are any mistakes?

I don’t need Quick Cast since none of my skills benefit from it, so I’ll just put those points into Lethargy and Sleep. (unless some actually benefit? I’m not sure)
I’m not sure for red card, Moa is the most logical option (I think) since I’ll have Chapparition’s effect all the time against devil types. And I won’t use Chap since I won’t need SP pots.
For blue I heard Armaos (10% chance to create [★ * 100] shield for 10 seconds when you get hit) would be good, but would it really be better than Zaura?
For my summon cards I’m using Gorkas for general mobbing and Necroventer for bossing, at least until I get Froster Lord & Marnox.

looks good, pretty similar to my current build.

some remarks regarding linked build
WIZ
magic shield is pretty good for what it does so you might want to consider getting it as high as you can (20% isn’t much, but noticeable)
lethargy, again another skill which you either max or put just 1 point for the strike debuff (you decide)

Featherfoot
besides self healing main point of picking this class is hexes, thus you gotta have at least one point in both Kurdaitcha (used for many mobs or when bone pointing is on CD) and Bone Pointing (for bosses mainly). Hexes from those two skills (and NOT from ngadhundi) will increase your SM damage by 50% (and this is a lot)

SM
Shadow Fetter imo is almost useless, as pinning down enemy won’t stop it from attacking. i did not put any points in it personally, thi in some cases having 1 wouldn’t hurt, but imo not more.
instead your life saving abilities are far more important (both shadow pool and hallucination) as they can save your butt in tough situations and help with harder content (press shadow pool and go into puddle mode, while your summon is taking all aggro, same hallucination will take damage first and keep aggro)

that’s just my suggestions or things to think about in this specific build (i’m playing it for quite some time and maybe some of these will help you to decide)

EDIT: for cards zaura is better but armaros is cheaper and easier to find
for red ones i’d suggest either Chappa (use dilgele before dealing most devastating attacks) or some combo with purple (either poison or bleeding)

Man, thanks a bunch for help, I was wavering between so many builds lately that I was going nuts, but now I think I can calmly progress with one build ^^

Wiz - yeah, I didn’t have anywhere to put these points but might as well stick these 3 remaining ones into MS. BUT - at level 3 it says “applies 3 times”. Does it mean it’ll block only 3 attacks?

FF - Kurdaitcha’s attribute did seem to me like a really neat thing. BUT - “Increases chance to hit with twice the normal damage to enemies hexed by [Kurdaitcha] (or any other methods) by 1% chance per attribute level.” at max lv3 so only 3% chance? That’s kinda tiny.
PS what does that “curse” from BP & Kurd do? Does it work like poison dot? Or is it just a plain “curse” status that enables more skills?

SM - SP indeed sounds better now that you mention it, even though it’s duration is kinda short. But if diving moves aggro to my adds then I don’t think I’ll need an Hallucination and I can instead put 5 in SP.

for magic shield (it decreases damage by 20% for next several hits you receive) i’d say at least 10 is decent. less than that and you might find yourself often without the shield and with it being on CD.

kurdaitcha attributes imo are okay, but pretty expensive for what they do, so imo no need to prioritize them, you use it only for hex debuff, nothing more.
it’s not dot, it’s not poison, it’s just hexing debuff (iirc it disables life regeneration, maybe something else idk), but it makes your SM skills (all of them) deal 50% more damage. and it does make a difference

put at least 1 on hallucination, there is no such thing as too many defensive skills in this game :smiley:
i think i have something like 4 shadow pool and 1 hallucination. 1 less second on SP is not as big deal as you can’t use skills in this state

MS - yeah, I won’t waste points from either Earthquake or Sleep to put points here. I’ll just stick these leftover 3 into Surespell so party members who don’t have it can benefit.

SP - Might as well put 3 in SP & 1 in Hal, so both skills will have 6 sec duration, and 1 in SF to pin melee bosses or those that jump around a lot.

yeah that’s a good choice.

also just as alternative, you can consider FF3 instead of SM2, it is also a very good single-target damage dealer with some of the safest options for farming and bossing (levitation), but it’s pretty close-ranged class and lacks a lot in aoe (where SM has at least some, even tho it’s nothing too good)

1 Like

FF3 is better left for meta W2/L2/T2/FF3 XD

Thanks for the help ^^

after reading a bit your response, I think I could reset my wiz into wiz3>thau1>sorc2>?>sage2. Do you think I shuld be going FF1 even if I don’t have the hex>shadow combo? I suppose having the ability to heal hp while also having ltitle to no sp problems must be very nice but I was wonder if maybe RC could be a good substitute for extra dmg skills

what do you think?

idk much about RC, honestly.

FF works for sure - self heal is nice, more so if you have some intasurta gloves

if you don’t need wiz3 (like not aiming to spam lethargy on bosses or just don’t want to use or don’t have marnox/gorkas/necroventer) you could use wiz1-x-x-thaum1-sorc2-x-sage2 and those x for some 3 ranks of any other class you like as an option.

Mainly I was worried about the cds of sage’s skills which are kinda high so I will probably find myself with nothing to do after spamming micro>ultimate>compression>magic missile>earthquake but since I never played a Sorc2 I don’t know if this downtime can be filled entirely by using the summon’s skills

btw I do have a Gorkas and intend to use it with lethargy ^^

for rotation consider using froster lord. good skills with really good damage and low cooldowns

One more thing - is Morph bugged or not? I heard that apparently the stats of 1st card don’t apply to a second, but I don’t know if it’s true.

If it’s not, which card would be a good stat card?

from what i have tested it only passes the star rating to the second card and not the stats. so best use case - have 2 cards: one 10 star, another 1 star. and just morph to the second one whenever you need

Prevents SP recovery and amplifies dark property atks (I’m not sure if it decreases mag. def like Bokor’s curse)

i have a question ~ after maint, necro’s shoggoth will now apply its passive decay to flying enemies as well as grounded enemies. i’m wondering if templeshooter might now truly be best choice again for sorc>necro builds. can marnox compete with that 2x damage?

Hey y’all, need some help as a newbie here.

I’m interested in a Sorc-focused PvE build.
I’ve seen Thaumaturge and Linker recommended as the in-between(filler?) classes, but to my understanding Linker is more for Joint Penalty + Hangman’s Knot, Spirit Shock if C3. As for Thaumaturge I heard none of its skills even affect Summons, so what gives? (Please do elaborate on both Thaum & Linker if possible.)

(I might not use Riding if the summon looks weird with it. I know its a lot of ask for T.T Sorry)
Also, is the Reaper summon difficult to get? It looks cool AF.

Would Wiz2 + Link2 + Thaum3 + Sorc2 be any good?
Or Wiz2 + Link3 + Thaum3 + Sorc if I end up not using Ride?
Or Wiz2 + Link(1or2?) + Thaum3 + Sorc + (Another Offense Class)?
Or Wiz2 + Link2 + Chrono3 + Sorc2? How Strong is Chrono buff with Summon? Does Quicken work?

I’ve also heard Sorc C3 is pointless/not worth it, would it be more useful in my case? (Remember that I am more focused on Sorc if possible).

Where are you getting x2 damage from?

@ridleyco necromancer’s shoggoth automatically makes enemies near it have the decay status effect. enemies with decay status effect take x2 damage from missile attacks. temple shooter’s attacks are missile and benefit from this double damage effect. and they just patched shoggoth to also decay flying enemies, where as before it was limited to ground-based targets.

Its bugged. 100%. Both my main card and secondary card has 10 stars. When you use morph, the damage of your secondary card will drop. I tried using my secondary card as my primary and the damage is different. Its much higher. :frowning:

I always got hurt when i hear/read this about sorcerer c3. </3. :sob::sob::sob:

It really depends on your build. My sorcerer c3 works well with my psychokino c3. It has so many CC, good for PVP and PVE. Level 15 summoning + level 15 bats aint bat. I was torn between sorcerer c3 and shadowmancer c1. But i realize that my hotkeys were already full and i dont want any of my skill go to waste.

But if you really want to focus on sorcerer and you are torn between many classes, just check their skill description and attributes (a must) if your preferred class will benefit from it.