Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

3-Star Normal Helga and 3-Star Legendary Helga have the same stats. There is zero difference.
Which means that we can assume that 10-Star Legendary Helga might have the same stats as 10-Star Normal Helga.

Which is not how it is supposed to be, according to the dev blog (I quote):

Dev: Yes. The regular cards are going to have the same stats they do now; the new ones are going to have more. The difference is that the regular cards will be available from Mercenary Post missions and Card Albums. Also, if you summon a monster from a Legend Card instead of a regular demon card, your summon will be bigger and the visual effects will be different.

You guys think this warrants a bug report?
I am honestly so confused right now.

i don’t think legends are working properly, also the legend marnox still has direction skills bug so since i don’t have a 10* and sorc isn’t my main i’m not concerned right now.

but the investment to gain nothing is really frustrating :tired:

I did notice that Legendary Helga has some issues with attacking as well (she sometimes just stops moving and/or attacking while the rest of my summons merrily fight on - and no, I’m not idling or anything).

But yeah, I spent everything I have on Legendary Helga and while I still regret nothing because she’s my fav character, this is a huge disappointment at the moment.

Considering to send a support ticket and/or write a bug report at the moment… :confused: Not sure.

I think legendary cards are not supposed be more powerful for sorcerers than normal cards and they work as indented.

Breaking this quote:

Yes. The regular cards are going to have the same stats they do now; the new ones are going to have more.

This part is talking about the stats it gives to character and is not related to summoning/grimoire.

Also, if you summon a monster from a Legend Card instead of a regular demon card, your summon will be bigger and the visual effects will be different.

This part however talks about summoning and it doesn’t tell about power increase. You can also search the patch notes for when this content was added. There is no mention for summoning power increase.

2 Likes

Okay, let’s assume you are right and the stats are supposed to be the same. Then what is the issue with not letting the stats transfer through Morph? I could understand Morph maybe not transferring stats if the legendary cards are supposed to have higher stats, to avoid making “normal” cards more powerful than intended by placing the normal cards in the secondary slot. But if the stats are supposed to be the same, there is no reason why Morph stat transfer should be blocked. So I would say that at least either the equal stats or the Morph thing is a bug.

I posted a bug report on the forum now and also opened a ticket, so at any rate, I hope we will get an answer soon. And if the answer is that everything is working as intended, then that’s how it is - but at least then we know that there is, for us Sorcs, absolutely no reason to go for legendary cards for summoning then. And that alone would be a good information for many, I think.

3 Likes

Yeah I assume it is bugged. :frowning:

Great! Hopefully they will respond. :slight_smile:

I’d try to press it through cause it wouldn’t make any sense at all. And they’ve been known to make mistakes with these matters. Hopefully this doesn’t happen tho.

I mean I’m sure they don’t intend to hinder our power by using legendary cards and it’s absolutely unreasonable to assume that one would try to 10star legendary just for some visuals, considering how expensive and time consuming it is currently.

1 Like

I doubt I will hear anything in the next few days because of the weekend, but hope for next week. I’ll let everyone know here what comes out of it (no matter if via ticket or via forum).

Obviously the cards were mainly designed for equipping them in the legendary card slot, but “just” visuals for summoning is not very much for something so rare. And even if it is, not being able to use Morph fully (the skill countdown reset works at least) would indeed be punishing us for using legendary cards. And that’s clearly wrong.

Right now, the legendary cards feel like a scam for summoning. The same stats (which equals less stats, since getting a Legendary to 10* is close to impossible while getting a normal card to 10* is super-easy), a visual-but-not-real AoE increase, no stat transfer through Morph… just from the few tests I did today that’s already a long list and as said before, I do notice that Legendary Helga bugs a bit more during moving/attacking than normal Helga. Normal Helga has her quirks - she refuses to move/attack after I go through a Teleporter (like to the boss in L300 dungeon or in Second Demon Prison) unless an enemy gets near her. Legendary Helga just does that randomly without no reason at all and even when swarmed with enemies - only summoning her anew helps then. Ah well…

1 Like

Honestly they should just set legendary cards starting from 1star to be at the same power level of a normal 10star card for summoning and not gain any bonus for leveling. Wasting a legendary card just for visuals is already expensive enough.
:tired:

1 Like

I fully agree with this. I paid a bit over 500mil for legendary Helga and while I didn’t know what I would get on top of awesome-shiny-pretty-big Helga, I expected to get at least SOMETHING that would make summoning her a joy. Yeah, I did expect the stats to be higher, but there is the chance I really misunderstood the text, as you said - I am not a native English speaker and am error-prone sometimes. But at the very least I thought her to be useable - but it turns out she’s worse than my normal Helga and I have no way to get her up to normal-Helga through Morph now. :confused:

That reminds me… as I am a Necro, I’m going to have a look what the stats say when I place the card in my Necronomicon. If the stats of the Shoggoth change depending on which version I use, I would wager the stats in the Grimoire are a bug. If they are the same as well, you’re likely right with your idea. Thing is, someone else had already reported in a Necro thread that the legendary Kugheri card (which has no normal equivalent) gives a ton more stats at 1* than a normal 10* card (which is also why I expected awesome stats from my Helga for summoning).

…Gonna check this now. I fear the worst, though.

EDIT: Forget everything I said, I am an idiot. I cannot place Helga in the Necronomicon since she’s Devil-Type, obviously. Duh. Remembered before I even checked. I have brain issues, I swear. For some reason, I thought that if Kugheri can go in, Helga can go in, too. Uggggh I will hide in a corner now.

3 Likes

I remember someone reported that putting legendary card in necronomicon would make Shoggoth’s HP skyrocket. but i’m not sure if it was fixed already, tho it was def-ly working this way on ktos some time ago.

monarch demon lord cards are better when used, not as summons imo

I got a reply back on my ticket that they will submit my issue for review, but would also like a video. I have no idea how to make a video (or if my computer can even handle that), but they didn’t tell me that things were as they are supposed to be. While there was no specification if the stats being the same and/or the morph thing was considered the “issue”, there’s hope, I guess.

Will need to figure out tomorrow how to make a video and at least try, I guess. :confused:

1 Like

F12 in game and check later avicapture folder inside treeofsavior folder

Oh, thank you so much! I thought that was for screenshots, not videos. I have obviously not much idea of how steam works. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll get that done and then have to upload the video or something, I guess. Ugh I never made a video of anything because my computer can’t handle these things. Will be “fun”, but I am very adamant about getting this fixed. At the very least, it’s good to know that right now it isn’t how it is intended to be.

Found out how to make videos. Yay! Will do that for the bug report today.

Back to actual Sorc questions:
I made a new little character, so far she’s Wiz1-Cryo3-Sorc2, but I don’t want her to be Necro. I like her to be ice-themed, which is why she is using Froster Lord and at least until now riding a lot, too (as mobs don’t hit hard yet, lol).

So I’m wondering what to make the last three ranks. I considered RC (for ice buff and RoD, but as full Spr, I deal little damage anyway) together with Linker2 as I love Linker on my Necro and miss it. I also considered Linker3 for the Spirit Shock attribute for better boss killing as Froster Lord is not that good in that. Thaum 3 seems like a waste of three ranks.
I also, however, considered Chrono3 for Pass. The question is: Does that even work on Summon-skills? I never had a Chrono before and I do not want this to be a support build, but a build that can level solo well.
Any suggestions?

if linker, i would suggest either go C3 or not go at all. Damage from spirit shock is really nice on bosses with full spr and nice CC with link-knot combo, bonus 30% matk with spirit chain for whole party and some other goodies (but in this case you won’t likely ride a lot)

Chrono pass does not work on summon skills.

Thaum3 is not as bad as you might think. You’ll have quite a good matk bonus for the whole party, also some more buffs for your summons from attributes.

tho i personally like ff1-sm2 combo or just ff3 and would probably go either of those ways and break ice theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
I already have a Wiz2-Linker1-Thaum3-Sorc1-Shadow2 so I’m not looking for a second Shadowmancer. And while I have to admit that the Thaum3 is good for her (as she can’t ride), I really dislike the graphics of Thaum on top of thinking that Thaum3 will be a waste. The issue is that I don’t know how much I can ride later, when enemies actually start surviving. If I will continue to ride lots, then Linker (to jump down and Link and for bosses) seems better. If I will be required to do more ground-fighting and my Cryo skills are required to do damage, well, then Thaum is the way to go, I assume.

I suppose I will scratch Chrono then. Just Quicken is definitely not worth it.

Oh, also my Necro has only Linker2 and she’s insanely good even without the attribute of Linker3. Like, really good. I mean, sure, she would be better with Linker3, but I didn’t regret picking Cryo1 instead of Linker3 for her. I find Linker2 viable, which is why I consider it with RC in combination.

Featherfoot is a class I want to test one day, but not on this character. :wink:

Well, I’m at class 15 now and until I decide, there’s not much more playing with her getting done, lol. I’m super-indecisive on her since I love her so much right now and don’t want to mess up.

Totally different note: I submitted the videos to the bug report about legendary card summons now. I’ll keep you guys updated when/if I get a reply. :slight_smile:

well, i can tell you this. i ride almost all the time on my main sorc, i only hop off for bosses when i need high burst from my SM2 skills. Froster Lord is actually summon i use for riding, even while having marnox. with riding attribute lvl100 and +11 primus staff trans5 and 5 lvl7 blue gems in it i pretty much one-shot almost all mobs in HG340 with any of the 2 Froster Lord skills (not auto attack one). so if you wish to go that route, there is not much need to hop off your summon when fully committed to riding. Hell, even in Challenge mode froster lord performs better then marnox with all the 10-hit skills he has on short cooldowns (marnox skills are weaker and have bigger cooldowns)

1 Like

This is super-important information for me, thank you so much!
My Marnox is on my Shadowmancer and I find him… okay. Like, I don’t get where his price tag comes from. He’s good, but Froster Lord is better for riding and Helgasercle is better for auto-attacking/crowd-control (and can be used for the occasional skill use in combination with Linker to wipe the screen). I would give Marnox 3rd place overall.

My Necro has a great +11 Primus Staff, but I have no shards to trans it (that also would still make it untradeable…) as I spent all my shards on Legendary Helgasercle to buy her. :stuck_out_tongue: Still, I do, in the end, want to go there and make this character as much of a riding character as possible.

I suppose that means that RC might not be needed and be unpractical with its casttimes, even, and it’s either Linker3 or Thaum3. Thaum1 would add the 10% more attack, but I feel it’s likely/hopefully unneeded in farming and for bosses, Linker3’s Spirit Shock would help more than Thaum3 would. I definitely need something to deal with bosses, to be honest, as I cannot freeze them at all.
Also Linker is refreshingly cheap, attribute-wise, and if I get the riding attribute up to 100, that’ll already make me poor (not that I can afford it right now; I have it at 70 at the moment).

So I suppose Linker it is. Thank you for helping me decide! :hugs: Guess I’ll have another Cryo-Linker-character now, but since she plays differently from my Necro, I don’t think I will mind too much.

1 Like

i think i’ll go for wiz 2 linker 3 sorc 3 sage 1