Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Anyone knows if shoggoth has any visual effect using the Kucarry legendary card?

Does anyone know if there is any way to control the direction of riding skill.

For instance, whenever I ride my templeshooter and aim the rapid fire skill at a group of mobs, sometimes it just turns to another direction and shoot somewhere else?

afaik it attacks to the direction where a monster is closest to you, easiest way is to make sre you’re not surrounded by monsters on your sides or back, cc obviously helps with this but it’s doable by just moving too

No way to prevent it from automatically turning to nearest enemy.

Its time to vote again!

So, I started playing the game again and i have ways to reset class and status. I am now a full SPR Cryo3Sorc2Necro1 using a Mirtis, as the ice tree do not group enemies anymore is cryo any good?
If not, what are good builds now?
I like to ride the summon a lot, and just get down to buff/debuff/CC, am i doing something wrong? higher DPS riding or on ground if im going to support the summon?

Also, if i’m going Sorc and Necro is there a cap of number of summons on same target yet? and what kind of buffs the summons can get benefits?

If u like to ride a lot, i suggest change cryo for wiz3 and thauma, then finish with sorc2 and RC.
Thauma’s Arm’s skills can buff the summons damage/defenses now, shrink body to make mobs easy to kill in some situations, and swell body to farm.

RC rune of destruction can lower the mobs magic defense, so, boss magic skills will be boosted, and the rune of giants can be used while riding to get extra hp and defense since you take a lot more damage when mounted.

Wiz3 have the lethargy attribute to buff strike-type boss like marnox or gorkas, and sleep attribute to buff all magic damage source from any boss.

Here the build that i recommend

Thayma 1 and 2 have buffs for summon, did i need to go to thauma 3?

Not for summons. If Sorc/Necro/Summoning is the main part of your build, you don’t need Thaum3. If you just throw a rank of Sorc as filler in and your build is mainly supposed to fill a different role, then Thaum3 is usually a good idea, especially when combined with Linker and the like.

Thanks for helping. i’m going full summon, so i will delay thau3 for now

Quite frankly, you might want to consider only going Thaum1 then. The Thaum2 attribute is only for defense and that’s not worth a full rank. I’m not sure what else you have in your build - I would assume Necro3 and Sorc2 for full summoner - so you could put in many different things there instead. Linker and Cryo are both really good choices; I would even value Cryo2’s little Subzero Shield more than the Thaum2 attribute for getting your survival up. Linker1 can also be of really, really good use; it’s not many Joint Penalty targets but can still make a difference.

Also, just in case you don’t have Sorc2 in your build because you don’t like riding: Sorc2 woud offer 10% more to attack and defense of your main summon/Salamion if invested that way, which is superior to Thaum2’s attribute. Sure, Thaum affects all summons - including Necro-summons - but the thing is that defense is usually really not needed. I don’t think I ever had my “big” summon die, Shoggoth always survives so long that my corpse count is never really affected, the Skeletons and Salamion need to be resummoned after five minutes anyway and usually don’t die unless a boss is horrid and then they are easily resummoned. It’s not like you run out of SP or anything.

So yeah, honestly, Thaum1 is justified - though I personally think it’s still not worth even that rank; your summon-damage can be much more boosted with Linker (especially if the difference is Linker2 to Linker3), survivability with Cryo, even RC could have some use (I am not quite there yet, currently making a summoner-RC-build) with its magic defense debuff. Most people I know who tried a Thaum1 summoner said that it’s good, but not overwhelming; it’s a bit more base damage for a lot less survivability/utility.

Of course, if you plan on going farming with the character and want Thaum for that purpose, ignore everything I said. It’s just that for the plan of “summoner”, Thaum1 is a good-but-not-overwhelming choice. For the plan “farming”, Thaum is amazing.

In cause you want Thau1, maybe you can try going Pyr2. I went Wiz1>Pyro2>Thau1>Sorc2>Nec3. Fire pillar is good CC since it groups mobs closer to each other, whereas frost tree might freeze mobs that are spread out too much. I use flame ground as well to trigger and lure mobs (also for some DPS), and fire wall. The damage from Pyro2 might not be high, but all these fire skills serves to keep me occupied as my summons take down the mobs. Since Pyro2 is only needed, you save use the 4th rank for Thau1.

Wiz2>Link2>Sorc2>Nec3 is also a good option. Link mobs and get your summons to take them down. However, it might be a bit boring since you do not really have any offensive skills to play with except for magic missile and spirit shock.

I was considering a build similar to that Wiz1->Pyro2>Thau1->Sorc2-?? and then i am unsure, i have a W2-L3-S1-N3 so i don’t want a 2nd necro, and i have a frosterlord card to use since the Necro is using templeshooter.

I have been considering:
Sorc2->R1->Onmyoji2 or Sage2
or Sorc2->FF3

Has anyone done any of these builds? My char is actually still sitting after last free reset from Wizard patch, was playing Necro.

sorc3 worth get guys??

nop, waste of rank =D

If you “REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY” like summon riding…

You can go Wiz1-X-X-Thauma3-Sorc3…

With that you can buff with thauma, then jump on summon until you either need pots of HP or need to rebuff with thauma…

Its not “optimal DPS”, but it synergy well overall, and its still useful for CM with thauma3 full SPR…

i’ll repeat myself from reddit

don’t go sorc3… ever… unless it is reworked in some future to be a good circle. For a summoning oriented build it’s a waste of the rank where you can get something else which will have much more synergy.

example build (the one i use on my main char):

wiz3-thaum1-sorc2-ff1-sm2 full SPR

weapon transcendence is good yeah, but you also want some burst damage yourself imo

to explain the build:

wiz3 for strike attribute of Lethargy (use either marnox summon or necroventer, both have good damage on bosses). also magic missile with Swell Left Arm will have 2x missiles on single target.

thaum1 Swell Left Arm with Summon Damage attribute for 10% boost (also with high SPR and enchance attribute you will get some good matk boost)

sorc2 core if you want to main sorc. you may go sorc1 only if you have marnox and want to tailor the rest of the ranks to your liking, but imo sorc2 for riding and better summon control is pretty good. when riding, the best damaging summon is Froster Lord atm. low cooldowns and decent aoe with skills that hit 10 times. but vs bosses you dismount and use either marnox or necroventer (strike damage fast auto-attack) while using your SM2 skills. also go full SPR as it increases summon damage by a big amount (compared to INT increasing your matk not as much)

FF1 - debuffs the target with hexing (increase dark damage by 50%) use either Bone Pointing (reliable vs. single target, hits repeatedly and curses for 7 sec or so, basically if inly one target in its sight, it will be cursed the whole duration of the skill) or kurdaitcha (harder to use but can curse many targets in the area tho only for like 7-8 seconds once). Additionally you get Blood Sucking which you can heal yourself with vs demon/beast/insect monsters (on 40 sec cooldown or around that time)

SM2 - very high single target damage vs grounded targets, all dark damage (so +50% on hexed enemies which you do with FF), low cooldowns, high overhit but also very SP hungry (that’s where full SPR from sorc helps a lot)

Hope that helps.

Is there any info about legendary summons allready? They do more damage or not?

this is what i have so far, couldn’t up more levels yet.

i also don’t know what is the best build possible to use the demon lord marnox, accepting suggestions.