Tree of Savior Forum

Priest3 or Pally3 Help; Phys or Mdef late game?

Hello, I’m looking for some advice on what class to take on my next rank and what would be more useful as the game progresses. (Most of the forum topics I’ve found related to this were from before the Blessing and other recent updates, but if there’s one I missed, let me know!)

My current build is Cleric>Priest2>Paladin with approx INT2:SPR1

Now my dilemma is should I keep going with Pally? Or abort and go back to Priest3?

1. Cleric>Priest2>Paladin3>PD
  2. Cleric>Priest2>Paladin>Priest3>Krivis/Cleric3>PD

The goal is to play PVE in party, and I have a friend with Cryo and Ranger characters. My thinking so far is:

Option 1 - Paladin3
Pros:

• Magical type defense/offense: Resist Elements Lv15 long uptime, Barrier, Conviction
  • Smite animation is now so fast :sunglasses:
  • Still have some benefits from Priest buffs

Cons:

• Way too many buffs
  • Blessing not as good as what people can scroll?
  • Build too hybrid; no love in parties?

Option 2 - Priest3
Pros:

• Phys type stuff: Lv 15 blessing, Stone Skin
  • Can have either more Cleric heal tiles, safetyzone; or Krivis Daino, and Aukuras with Restoration (goes well with Bloodletting)?

Cons:

• No magic resist or elemental stuff
  • No Smite
  • No Smite

Since I don’t know what later dungeons are like… and I still don’t really know what goes on in ET videos, what would you suggest?

Sidenote: Cleric C1 or C2
I started off with priest since I was new to game and saw a lot of cleric builds with Priest in it. Then I finally decided i wanted pally… and ended up with this current build.
Most forum posts say Cleric C2 is necessary, but will I still be up to snuff with just C1? PD’s bloodletting can eat a lot of heal tiles, but if party members are careful to use them only when necessary… There’s Restoration’s boost on heals (and maybe Aukuras) to compensate a little?

Thanks for reading :innocent:

-Cham

Nvm, I found another recent thread that’s related:

Any feedback is still appreciated tho :slight_smile:

I would strongly recommend against getting Paladin c1 only. Paladins are rarely worth it only being c1.

I don’t really like Cleric 1 Priest 2 much. I think you could pull out a lot more from that build if you were Cleric 2 Priest 1 instead (much better heals and ressurection).

Yeah the other topic has some tips that might help you :slight_smile:

Cleric2 + Chaplain. So you can focus on physical dmg prevention.

Wizards are already likely to bring missile hole to counter magic & arrows. It’s not perfect but better than high magic defense.

i hate priest 2 too !! or pick priest 3 our nothing ! ò,ó

Both full SPR:

Cleric2 > Priest3 > Miko > Diev > Oracle

Need confirmation on Miko’s “Clap” extending Oracle’s “Counter Spell” (It would mean 100% uptime Magic immunity). Diev -20% cooldown to make Stone Skin be 35/48 instead of 35/60 (duration/cooldown). Also reduced cooldown on healing spells, revive, as well as party members skill, is always good.

Cleric2 > Krivis/Diev > Paladin3 > Pardoner > Inquisitor

New Resist Elements will have 40% reduction on elemental attacks (Physical and Magical).
New Barrier attribute will have 30% reduction to ranged and magic attacks.

Those % reduction apply BEFORE a player’s P.Def/M.Def it seems, therefore they’re way much effective.

While the second build makes the party deal more damage with Wheel/Conviction/Malleus (additional damage based on target m.atk) and Discerning Evil extension for debuff, the first one gives more damage through Blessing and Kagura dance.

Krivis vs Diev: Daino 5+1, as well as Zalciai and Aukuras (-38/40% accuracy Lv5/6) are always useful. With Diev you’d have a 95% uptime Resist Elements and a 80% uptime “Magic Defense”.

CON: Inquisitor build lacks Resurrection and Revive, but it has more self-dps in.

Krivis Build: More party support.
Diev Build: Still offer party support but gains some hit more (carve) to use on wheel.

Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately, I already have Priest 2 AND Pally c1 together :sweat: So unless I restart on a new chara, or sacrifice a rank, I wont be able to get Cleric c2.

What if I abandon PD, and go Priest3 Pally3? (Still only have C1 cleric tho)

Thanks Wurmheart! I didn’t know wizards had that, so it’s good to know. It is possible to juggle buffs with chaplain and no daino?

Not really, chaplain is to close to the buff limit for comfort.
Better stock up on daino scrolls just in case.

Wasn’t the biggest downside of not taking Pally C3 that God Smash gets a damagebonus when used on an enemy struck with Conviction?
I think I read about that somewhere in another thread…

It’s a x2 dmg multiplier from the conviction x god smash combo.

But Wheel, pears & mm are also good in their own right.