Tree of Savior Forum

Skills and Stat Scaling

Unknown to a lot of people, a handful of skills scale with stat points, but it is unclear without looking directly at the skill formulae.

I’ve made a pastebin of most (if not, all) the skills which currently scale with a stat.

[You can check this pastebin out here.] 1

It includes examples of how these calculations work, based on the most recent version of the skill calculation script in kCBT3.

There shouldn’t be any errors in the example calculations, but feel free to correct me if I did make a mistake. There’s already been some minor corrections made, so if you’ve checked the pastebin out, double check it again to be sure you have the right information!

This information may change your idea on stats for certain builds, and also might shed some light on other skills. Support Clerics may want to pay attention to Spirit scaling.

I’ve also heard that TOSBase will soon implement this scaling data into their skill database and skill simulator, so keep an eye out for that when it’s added. In the mean time, just check here.

Hope this helps!

18 Likes

oh this is useful, thank you!

Thank you, this helped me a lot!

Nothing scales with Con? O.o

No, surprisingly. There’s no skills which scale with CON or MHP (Max HP) currently.

Technically, Heal and Mass Heal scale with Max HP, though there’s no mention of MHP in the formulae.

The same can be said for Aspersion which scales based on % Physical Defense, so it technically scales from CON, but there’s no mention of CON in the formulae.

Wow, there are a lot of scalings I didn’t know. Clerics sure looks interesting with all that SPR, but does Cure and Zaibas really scale with INT instead of magical attack…? That’s weird… or they scale with both??

Squirre has INT scaling, people can stop wondering why Finestra’s Attribute exists!

There are some mistakes on typing I noticed, tho:

Shogoth and Summoning: atk and def saclings 0.850 = 40 (current: 0+850 = 50)
Reflect Shield scales in damage/mitigation (current: seconds duration)

Monstrance buff scales with targets DEX too, it’s flat 10 + 33% or so (not sure about the exact ratio and doesn’t seem to change with skill level) of their current DEX.

That’s… Disappointing. One last thing. I don’t get this equation. T.T

Lv 5 Cross Guard: 50 STR + (Level 50 * 288 Block) = +425 Block

Either you or me are misreading the post but I read it that all the skills scale with Magic Attack but now the skills also have a scaling with the stats directly. Could be wrong though :stuck_out_tongue:

here’s a quote :stuck_out_tongue:

Assume all attack skills also increase with P.ATK if [Physical], and M.Atk if [Magic].

Whoops, I’ll fix that in a second.

The formula is: STR + Level * 3 + (45 * (Skill Level * 1) ), but I simplified it too much in the Pastebin so it makes no sense.

With 50 STR and Level 50, and Cross Guard Level 5, it’s 50 + 50 * 3 + (45 * (5 * 1)), which is +425 Block.

Yeah, according to the formula they do scale with INT (the state value). This should be in addition to bonuses from M.Atk as well, because if a skill is stated as [Physical] or [Magic] in the tooltip, it’ll gain a bonus from P.Atk or M.Atk respectively.

Thanks, will fix this.

I’ll adjust this shortly. I double checked and it is damage reflection/mitigation, not duration.

Oddly enough, the one ratio which is listed is the one for the debuff. The skill tooltip doesn’t mention ‘Ally DEX increased by {CaptionRatio}’, instead it just says ‘Ally DEX’ increased. If the Ally DEX bonus scales, it should follow the same formula, but there’s no other info.

It would be easier if I could test this in-game, since the actual stats and skill tooltip makes it hard to figure this out.

(i.e. There’s no base DEX value that Monstrance says it increases by.)

I just saw that the normal base damage for Cure at level 5 is 10, so that explains why it’s not OMG OP as I just thought it would be with double scalings.

This also explains why someone here said there were Krivis doing 2k+ damage per tick with Zaibas.

[quote=“DiscKZee, post:5, topic:47053”]
There’s no skills which scale with CON or MHP (Max HP) currently.
[/quote]Heal and Mass Heal scale with max HP. :c

Oh, for what I understood, Energy Blast is on the list because it has max. SP % cost?
Psychic Pressure, Gravity Pole and Melstis also have, so they could be there?

Shouldn’t it be STR + Level * 3 + 48 + (45 * (Skill Level - 1))? Since level 1 Cross Guard is +48 block(based on TosBase) and then +45 every level?

You can’t be Level 0. :wink:

Otherwise the formula at the lowest possible values would be:

0 + 0 * 3 + (45 * (Skill Level * 1) ) = +45 Block.

It should always be:

0 + 1 * 3 + (45 * (Skill Level * 1) ) = +48 Block.

This is also how the formula is written. Skills which I’ve mentioned in the pastebin which are also on TOSBase’s database at the moment take all stat values to be 0 for skill calculations so no scaling is involved and you see the base damage the skill can do.

Flash has said he will add information about stat scaling to skills in the skill database in the near future.

True, they both do though it’s written a little differently in the formulae. They both make 0 mention to MHP (variable for the stat Max HP) and instead, have formulae which only reference numbers.

(i.e. 20 + (skill level - 1) * 2 is the formula for the value listed for % Max HP in Mass Heal.)

You’re sort of right, but Energy Blast works differently from other skills which use a flat Max SP % cost.

Energy Blast lists the individual SP value that the skill will use per tick, rather than a flat % of Max SP.

This is because the formula only looks neat (with 5% SP cost) when the skill reaches Level 5.

If you calculate at Lv 3 with 1000 SP, the formula becomes:

SP Cost per tick;

= 1000 * [0.06 - [3 * 0.002]]
= 1000*0.054 = 54 SP per tick. (5.4% SP usage).

Oh ■■■■. Yeah I’m dumb. Lol. This is what happens when I try to do Math. Lol.

Edited the pastebin, thanks for pointing out any errors so far!

Don’t worry, it happens to us all! :laughing:

Wellp, that is kind of dumb. They already have PP which also has decreasing % SP cost as you increase its level, why put individual values on Energy Blast, but keep PP description with %?

Figuring how I will change my Cleric’s build now. Aside from these scalings, I found that Exorcism is lame (wish it was a huge circle around me, not a damn single tile >__<) so probably not going for Priest C3 anymore.

Odd design choice on their part, maybe? Who knows.

Skills like Deprotected Zone and Ogouveve make a lot more sense now with the scaling in place, which does help with rethinking some opinions on some skills.

Also, about Monstrance’s +DEX buff, I can’t find it anywhere in the skill calculations file. It’s a mystery to us all. :anguished:

cool, thank you for this

1 Like

Question. Are the % Attributes computed pre or post Stat scaling?

Crossguard can only be used with a Two-Handed sword right? Just want to verify it can’t be used with sword and shield.

And where’s the block skill for Peltalsta? I don’t see it around anymore…or is it some unseen passive that comes with Peltalsta or Rodelero?