Tree of Savior Forum

General kCBT3 Changes - Summary

Magic’s counter is HP, since it is based on cooldowns and bursts. Pardoner has a buff to increase magic defense and the first part of Resist Elements also gives mitigation for most spells in the game.

Archers are naturally a counter to Wizards since they don’t let you cast your things. Cleric spells are mostly short ranged tile-based, so you need to make a huge effort to be damaged by those.

An offensive mage should be able to burst down a full DPS Warrior (or an Archer that is not focusing him). But now they can be buffed by a Pally and get random lucky negations that makes the mage useless for offense for another 10~20 seconds at best.

If Resist Elements wasn’t a party buff, it might have been ok, since Pally is a tank, but that is not the case.

“- Highlander: has been changed to give additional damage depending on the debuff number of suffering during the enemy current Vertical Slash attack.”

So, Crown + Cross Cut bleeding + Skull Swing armor break + Vertical Slash = a possibly great damage (if the translator is right).

About Cross Cut Bleeding: yeah, it has a bug. At 3:44 bleeding status disappear before the countdown ends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLHZJ8ClTRw

If that’s the case, that’s a very good buff. It’s not confined to previous class skills, and works with both Highlander’s skills and will also help in party play. I still have to see if I can test this out to confirm it, but it sounds really good.

1 Like

After reading Highlander description new skills… They have pretty nice synergy.

'Highlander

• Circle 2 - Skyliner - A horizontal slice. Deals an extra hit if an enemy is suffering from Cross Cut’s bleed debuff. Slash damage. 2 uses before cooldown. (Overheat)

• Circle 2 - Cross Cut - A cross slice which deals two hits. Causes the enemy to bleed for 10 seconds. Slash damage. 2 uses before cooldown. (Overheat)

• Circle 3 - Vertical Slash - A single vertical slice. May deal extra damage if an enemy is inflicted with Skull Swing’s defense removal. [Skill effect has been adjusted, will need to see how it’s changed.] - 2 uses before cooldown. (Overheat)

This is kind of like Dragon Nests quick cooldown thing for the Assassin class.

A lot of new information was added today with the latest patch (Oct 15th), plus some new information which has been missed from previous patch notes which were translated by @indigou so be prepared to read a lot!

Information missed from previous notes (12th and 13th of Oct):

Enhancement values above +5 have been doubled in effect from previous rates.
Enhancement cost lowered.
When a weapon reaches +15, it weapon gains visual effects. (Currently trying to find/make a +15 weapon.)

Attribute purchase prices has been changed:

• Buff-type skill enhancing attributes have decreased in price.
  • All Rank 5 attributes (excluding Enhance attributes) have increased in price.
  • All Rank 6 attributes (excluding Enhance attributes) have decreased in price.
  • Weapon Swap, Swordsman’s Provoke, and Peltasta and Rodelero’s Shield Guard attribute learning time and price has decreased.

Field Bosses drop coloured boxes instead of individual item drops. The boxes contain the loot that they would previously drop. Most likely randomised contents, but could be predetermined. It’s unclear, will update if I manage to kill a field boss sometime.

New Information from 15th of Oct patch:

• Animation data for Esquive Toucher and Katon-no-Jutsu added, including explosion particle data for Katon-no-Jutsu.

• All enemies drop a summoning item. (Bosses are likely to be excluded.)

These items are either a blue orb, or a red orb.

• The Blue Orb summons a friendly version of the monster to fight alongside you for 180 seconds.
  • The Red Orb summons a hostile version of the monster, which you can fight. It will disappear after 180 seconds.
  • The Orb items all share cooldown so you can’t spam them.
  • The hit count of Priest’s ‘Blessing’ skill has increased.

The formula is: Hit Count = Skill Level * 10
If you have the ‘Increased Hit Count’ attribute (which adds +1 hit count, max level of 3), it becomes: Hit Count = Skill Level + Attribute Level * 10
eg. Level 10 Blessing with Lv 3 attribute is 130 Hits.

• New attributes for Corsair, Rogue, Dievdirbys, Chronomancer and Sorcerer have been added:

Corsair; ‘Jolly Roger: Solidarity’:

[Jolly Roger] has a chance to invalidate enemy effects activating. Chance is 0.5% per attribute level, and increases with the amount of Pirates present. (This effect only applies the Pirates themselves.)

(Max Level of 5, Jolly Roger Level 2 required)

Note: Pirates refer to allies with the skull and crossbones icon above their heads when inside Jolly Roger’s effect field. Pirates can only be made when the Corsair is the party leader, even if they use Jolly Roger. When a Corsair is the party leader, the leader symbol changes from a crown to a pirate captains’ hat. I think this an amazingly cute little detail.

Corsair and Rogue; Obtain Treasure:

When you open a Treasure Chest, character’s movement speed increases for 7 seconds. (Level 4 effect.)

(Max Level of 3; M.Speed increases per attribute level most likely.)

Rogue; ‘Capture: Ally Circle Acquisition’:

As well as capturing enemy magic circles, you can also capture ally magic circles with [Capture].

(Max Level of 1)

Dievdirbys; ‘Carve Austras Koks: Maintain’:

Range of [Carve Austras Koks] will decrease, but skill duration will increase by 10 seconds.

(Max Level of 1)

Chronomancer; ‘Haste: Evasion Increase’:

Whilst under the effects of [Haste], Evasion stat increases by 20 per attribute level.

(Max Level of 5)

Chronomancer; ‘Slow: Negate Reduction’:

When an enemy under the effects of [Slow] is attacked, the chance for them to negate the damage of the attack is reduced by 6% per attribute level.

(Max Level of 5; unclear what ‘negate damage’ means, it might be spell resist when an enemy resists the effects of a skill. If it was evasion or dodging, it would have stated as such.)

Chronomancer; ‘Stop: SP Reduction’:

The SP cost of [Stop] is reduced by 40.

(Max Level of 1)

Sorcerer; ‘Summon Servant: Quick Order’:

The speed at which ‘Summon Servant’ gives beneficial effects becomes faster.

(Max Level of 1)

• New skill listed for Sapper;

Damage Trap - [Physical] - [Strike]

When triggered, produces flames which damages nearby enemies. 250 second cooldown.
Level 1: 39 damage. 25 SP cost.
(+11.88 damage per level, +3.8 SP cost per level.)

(Upon inspection, the skill seems like it is still in development. The icon is a bunch of bear traps, and I don’t think it is ingame yet.)

• Descriptions for Cannoneer skills listed. Note: There are skill data values but these are all placeholder. (eg. 100 damage, no increase per level or cooldown, etc.)

Cannon Shot:

Fires shells which bombards enemies on the ground. Flying enemies recieve 50% less damage.
Level 1: x Damage, +x% Attribute Attack.

Shoot Down:

Fires anti-air shells which targets flying enemies. Grounded enemies recieve 50% less damage.

Siege Burst:

Launch a mortar shot to the targeted destination. Enemies in the area are knocked down five times for inflicting damage to enemy structures. (?; unclear if it’s 5 KDs or 5x damage when attacking structures)
Unsure of the description, original KR text below.
Original KR text: 지면을 대상으로 곡사포를 발사합니다. 피해를 입은 적들은 넉다운되며 적의 구조물에 대해서는 5배의 피해를 입힙니다.

Cannon Blast:

Fires a cannon shot affects a cone area in front of you, dealing damage to multiple enemies at once.

• Plague Doctor skills are listed, no icons or descriptions, just names:

Healing Factor
Bloodletting
Incineration
Fumigate
Pandemic
Beak Mask

Plague Doctor is already confirmed to be a Rank 7 Cleric class by the data in the files.

6 Likes

What are we thinking boyz? Cleric base?

1 Like

It’s already been confirmed that it’s a Cleric class for a while now. Rank 7 according to the Job list, alongside Kabbalist.

Oh woops. I may have been out of the loop for a little while longer than I thought… Perhaps I should start playing catch up :sweat_smile:

Edit: now I feel stupid that I realized I just didn’t read it properly… I will blame fatigue for that one :blush:

Plague Doc seems so fun XD I’ll definitely make one once…

how much range decrease?
this skill already have low range…
http://www.tosbase.com/content/video/skills/Dievdirbys_Carve_Austras_Koks.mp4

I’m not sure by how much. I don’t have Dievdirbys C2 either to check. :worried:

https://sfmlab.com/static/emoji/img/kreygasm.png

I’m eager to see its effects.

Also, thanks for bringing all this info, @DiscKZee! :smile:

@DiscKZee, with all his contribution, should be crowned as top contributor in this forums. A million thanks is not enough to thank you m8.

BTW, really loving the Corsair update on Jolly Roger. From that attribute alone, I can see that the devs wanted to make Corsair a class that benefits the most in a party (of course, by putting one as a party leader). Exactly what I wanted it to be when I first glanced into this class. Thanks devs!

1 Like

Corsair is very good as it is now, I’ve been playing it recently as a Peltasta C1 > Hoplite C2 > Corsair C1. :smile:

With Peltasta’s Swashbuckling (which works with a 1H Sword or Spear + Dagger), a Spear and Finestra and Dust Devil, you can deal great slash damage to a wide amount of foes.

With Jolly Roger in the mix, you can get a damage bonus for each combo kill. (From videos it was +5% per kill up to +50% a while ago, but I don’t know if that changed, that’s not shown on the combo counter anymore.)

Iron Hook is great CC, and if used from a far distance, Keel Hauling does a crazy amount of damage. For each pull, it does 2 hits. You can hook an enemy in melee range, then attack them whilst they’re stunned. If you move though, the hook disappears so you have to position yourself well. Also, with an attribute, Iron Hook can chain hook 3 targets if you want to use it in PvP or in party play.

I think all it needed was more easy damage options and Dust Devil (and Hexen Dropper) bring that, making the class feel much more polished. :smiley:

Finally someone that recognized the greatness of Keelhauling! Haha, I have been building a Keelhauling build for Corsair myself which adds to my surprise that it actually does a really good job on dealing a great amount of damage. You’ve just convinced me to go with the build that I’ve been debating all this time wow. Thanks again @DiscKZee!

The only thing to remember is that Iron Hook doesn’t work on everything (bosses mainly), and it’s primarily single-target. Keelhauling only works when one enemy is hooked.

It’s also heavily distanced based, if you hook an enemy right next to you, Keelhauling does nothing since you can’t ‘pull’ the enemy. A good trick is to use Bash (or Rim Blow if you took Peltasta) to knock enemies back, then reposition yourself and throw the hook, stunning them and allowing you to keel them in.

You can take Keelhauling along with Corsair’s other skills (I heavily recommend Dust Devil, Hexen Dropper, and at least 1 point in Jolly Roger) and it’ll work nicely together. :smile:

Looks like I have to switch the attribute of Iron Hook to hook 3 enemies instead when I’m playing support then. It’s a shame that it doesn’t work for bosses. Then again, Subweapon cancel really does its job on single target DPS which I plan on using when versing a boss, then use Hexen Dropper and Dust Devil as filler skills while waiting Subweapon cancel’s cooldown.

It would be very appreciated if you could record a video of a Hoplite -> Corsair gameplay. :smiley:

@DiscKZee Before you posted today’s patch I put the pastebin one into google translate and there was something about Blessing what I’m curious about as a Priest… “9. Blessing skill of using the number has been increased.” Tell me if you will know more about it… XD
Thy for your work btw I’m waiting for your post like everyday lol.

Ah, I should have included it in here! I forgot. :frowning:

I’ll post it here and will add it to the above list.

• The hit count of Priest’s ‘Blessing’ skill has increased.

The formula is: Hit Count = Skill Level * 10
If you have the ‘Increased Hit Count’ attribute (which added +1 hit count before, max level of 3), it becomes: Hit Count = Skill Level + Attribute Level * 10
eg. Level 10 Blessing with Lv 3 attribute is 130 Hits.

The attribute’s effect now is practically ‘Add +10 Hit Count to Blessing per attribute level.’

EDIT: Added to the original post.