Tree of Savior Forum

General kCBT3 Changes - Summary

Plague Doc seems so fun XD I’ll definitely make one once…

how much range decrease?
this skill already have low range…
http://www.tosbase.com/content/video/skills/Dievdirbys_Carve_Austras_Koks.mp4

I’m not sure by how much. I don’t have Dievdirbys C2 either to check. :worried:

https://sfmlab.com/static/emoji/img/kreygasm.png

I’m eager to see its effects.

Also, thanks for bringing all this info, @DiscKZee! :smile:

@DiscKZee, with all his contribution, should be crowned as top contributor in this forums. A million thanks is not enough to thank you m8.

BTW, really loving the Corsair update on Jolly Roger. From that attribute alone, I can see that the devs wanted to make Corsair a class that benefits the most in a party (of course, by putting one as a party leader). Exactly what I wanted it to be when I first glanced into this class. Thanks devs!

1 Like

Corsair is very good as it is now, I’ve been playing it recently as a Peltasta C1 > Hoplite C2 > Corsair C1. :smile:

With Peltasta’s Swashbuckling (which works with a 1H Sword or Spear + Dagger), a Spear and Finestra and Dust Devil, you can deal great slash damage to a wide amount of foes.

With Jolly Roger in the mix, you can get a damage bonus for each combo kill. (From videos it was +5% per kill up to +50% a while ago, but I don’t know if that changed, that’s not shown on the combo counter anymore.)

Iron Hook is great CC, and if used from a far distance, Keel Hauling does a crazy amount of damage. For each pull, it does 2 hits. You can hook an enemy in melee range, then attack them whilst they’re stunned. If you move though, the hook disappears so you have to position yourself well. Also, with an attribute, Iron Hook can chain hook 3 targets if you want to use it in PvP or in party play.

I think all it needed was more easy damage options and Dust Devil (and Hexen Dropper) bring that, making the class feel much more polished. :smiley:

Finally someone that recognized the greatness of Keelhauling! Haha, I have been building a Keelhauling build for Corsair myself which adds to my surprise that it actually does a really good job on dealing a great amount of damage. You’ve just convinced me to go with the build that I’ve been debating all this time wow. Thanks again @DiscKZee!

The only thing to remember is that Iron Hook doesn’t work on everything (bosses mainly), and it’s primarily single-target. Keelhauling only works when one enemy is hooked.

It’s also heavily distanced based, if you hook an enemy right next to you, Keelhauling does nothing since you can’t ‘pull’ the enemy. A good trick is to use Bash (or Rim Blow if you took Peltasta) to knock enemies back, then reposition yourself and throw the hook, stunning them and allowing you to keel them in.

You can take Keelhauling along with Corsair’s other skills (I heavily recommend Dust Devil, Hexen Dropper, and at least 1 point in Jolly Roger) and it’ll work nicely together. :smile:

Looks like I have to switch the attribute of Iron Hook to hook 3 enemies instead when I’m playing support then. It’s a shame that it doesn’t work for bosses. Then again, Subweapon cancel really does its job on single target DPS which I plan on using when versing a boss, then use Hexen Dropper and Dust Devil as filler skills while waiting Subweapon cancel’s cooldown.

It would be very appreciated if you could record a video of a Hoplite -> Corsair gameplay. :smiley:

@DiscKZee Before you posted today’s patch I put the pastebin one into google translate and there was something about Blessing what I’m curious about as a Priest… “9. Blessing skill of using the number has been increased.” Tell me if you will know more about it… XD
Thy for your work btw I’m waiting for your post like everyday lol.

Ah, I should have included it in here! I forgot. :frowning:

I’ll post it here and will add it to the above list.

• The hit count of Priest’s ‘Blessing’ skill has increased.

The formula is: Hit Count = Skill Level * 10
If you have the ‘Increased Hit Count’ attribute (which added +1 hit count before, max level of 3), it becomes: Hit Count = Skill Level + Attribute Level * 10
eg. Level 10 Blessing with Lv 3 attribute is 130 Hits.

The attribute’s effect now is practically ‘Add +10 Hit Count to Blessing per attribute level.’

EDIT: Added to the original post.

I’m speechless…This is insane haha… I thought I ask for something like they added +2 hit count… OMG… I think I’ll need lvl 15 Blessing now. … do you have enough time to hit 130 times while it lasts? XD

I’m currently in a party with a C2 Priest > C1 Paladin. They said they cannot use up all the hits before the cooldown finishes. :wink:

But bear in mind Blessing also affects skills, so for allies with multi-hitting skills like Hoplite’s Stabbing, Corsair’s Hexen Dropper and Dust Devil, Doppelsoeldner’s Cyclone, etc. it can still run out quickly, but not as quick as before.

The damage of Blessing is also relatively low as the game progresses. I wish they would add SPR scaling to the skill. :frowning:

It seems that rank 7 is coming very soon… Maybe in weeks…

Rank 7 is probably not coming any time soon, for the simple fact that Fencer is going to be added to Rank 6 whilst it’s listed for Rank 7. Rank 7 classes however seem to be coming soon, just they’ll be at Rank 6 for testing purposes. :smiley:

They will have to wipe the servers when they implement Rank 7 as well.

Yeah that was I meant… the rank 7 classes xD even thought 6 rank is just placeholder for them.

[quote=“DiscKZee, post:195, topic:40733”]
But bear in mind Blessing also affects skills, so for allies with multi-hitting skills like Hoplite’s Stabbing, Corsair’s Hexen Dropper and Dust Devil, Doppelsoeldner’s Cyclone, etc. it can still run out quickly, but not as quick as before.
[/quote]Only if they changed it now, because multi-hitting skills only consumed 1 “charge” of Blessing.

I will test it later and report back afterwards.

If it’s 1 charge for multi-hitting skills, then that’s pretty good I guess. :smile:

Now all that’s left is to add some form of scaling to it so it doesn’t fall off later on. SPR scaling would be great.

That’s somewhat cool…and actually now it will be more wanted from buff shops…but yeah I don’t know about the damage…it definitely should have more scaling…

I don’t get btw how the developers came up with the damage number for Blessing if they didn’t think of its end game purpose.

It’s generally better for a skill to be weak in development and then eventually become great, rather than having an absurdly strong skill during development and eventually nerfing it to the grave (eg. Divine Might).

I’d like to think this is the case for a range of skills added early, because honestly a lot of them will fall off in use very quickly.

[size=10]Or, I could be giving IMC too much credit.[/size]

If I were to adjust some flawed early Rank 1/2 skills, I’d add scaling to them, be it stat scaling or % scaling.

For example, if I were to adjust Gungho:

• Gungho’s calculation would be: +(2 * Skill Level)% P.ATK and +(8 + 3 * (Skill Level - 1)) P.ATK.
  • e.g. Level 5 Gungho (new): +10% P.Atk and +20 P.Atk
  • e.g. Level 10 Gungho (new, C2): +20% P.Atk and +35 P.Atk
  • This way, the skill is still useful as at Level 5 it adds +20 P.ATK which is very nice early, but by Level 150, you’ll have anywhere from 400 to 700 P.Atk, the initial +10% P.Atk will scale it to make it not useless.

Note; this is a hypothetical example and not actually an ingame change.

It would not only fall off if you took it at C1, but it incentivises Swordsman C2 as well. A glaring fault is that the base classes are generally bad, which I’d like to see changed. Every class should be a decent stand-alone class if you were to remove the rank system and have each job separately.

(I’ve been keeping a document of feedback and adjustments to ToS I’d like to give eventually when iCBT2 hits, as I’ve been playing kCBT3. This is one of the examples of balances in it.)

5 Likes