Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter PvE build?

Greetings.

I’m looking for tips and help on how to do a decent SR build. Not seen many around so I guess they are not the “best” choice. But I like to play what I think might be fun to play, and what I’ve seen they look like it could be fun to give it a ride (ha ha! I’m funny)

Also have a question: I know the SR skills utilize a gun, but can all the previous classes do so aswell? Or will I be locked out of 2/3 of all the class skills?

Thanks in advance.

Well, im not experienced like most of the players here, but i came up with this, as i considered going SR myself as well.
Though this build also involves dismounting for the cannon skills.

Thx. I’ll give it a looksie.

Also, if anyone could give me some intell of my question regarding weapons and skills, I would be thankful.

SR uses a crossbow and a pistol so you can use all bow or crossbow skills as a SR so you can build as archer, quarrel Shooter, ranger, scout or Fletcher and you will be able to use all skills while staying mounted.

I personally think the ideal SR build would be
Archer c2 Ranger c3 SR c2
Good single target damage from multi shot, great aoe from ranger and steady aim buff will work/boost SR skills to so it’s all had great synergy.

Good luck!

Ok, thx.
Could I be so bold and ask for one of those Skill SImulator builds?
I suck at knowing what to put points in and not.
Not played ToS so no idea how to distribute them in a good fashion.

I will try and give it a try myself ofc, but since you seem to have a better understanding of how the class system works than me, I just have to ask. ^-^*

Edit: My “test” build.

No problem.
This is the build I played in kTOS and I had alot of fun. Please note that there are a few skill points left over in the ranger tree for you to use however you like. Only one point in caracole skill for mobility use only.

Thx. Will probably give it a try later on. will most likely do a Swordsman first, as I always go Melee in games. But SR caught my eye when looking over the classes.

Not much for spear weapons, so Cata was not rly too keen in my eye. -heh- Besides, heard it’s mostly used in PvP anyway.

1 Like

should a reiter dex? I feel like str better for all the multihits, but dex good for the fact that archer2 swiftstep. It is a conflict

This looks like a really fun build to play with.
Il probably adapt it for myself even, since it seems that with 160-170ms i can’t play QS3.
Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

good combination of STR and DEX is needed for SR to build good damage and crit chance.

I would invite you to try 1:1 STR:DEX until you have 170~200 DEX, or you are happy with your crit rate, at this point put the rest of your points into STR.
I have also seen pure STR and pure DEX build work aswell so you can’t really go wrong.

To add, at around level 150 aim to have around 20-30 CON just for a bit of extra hp

:slight_smile:

I have read that after around level 80-100 DEX gets superior to STR in terms of raw damage.

dat true?

@stasik4

Yes this is true!
Higher crit rate will provide more consistent damage than STR early game… BUT alot of the current end game pve mobs have a high amount of critical resistance so I think having a decent amount of STR will only benefit you.

That’s why I suggested getting around 200 DEX and then focusing STR.

Don’t be afraid to experiment, there is no perfect stat distribution. I have seen many builds in game and they are all successful in their own way so be adaptable to what your character is doing and the mobs your fighting.

One tip:
If you are planning rogue c1 in your build you can have less DEX in your build due to sneaky hit skill.

Ps if you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask, I’ll do my best to answer.

:slight_smile:

bare in mind SR shots depend to ping (just like QS) :smiley: choose wisely,

So I’ve heard.
According to:

I have an avarage of 114 ping.
I don’t aim to be the best of the best, the elite of the elite, like most ppl seem to be aiming for. I wanna play for fun and play what I want for fun. I bet I can manage with some ping and not die horribly over and over again. -hehe-
but if that would happen, I would do something else.

My SR in icbt2 with 300ish ping fired every shot without any delay.

Well that sounds good.
ToS caught my eye when it poped up on Steam, so not had the chance to play in any of the betas.
I’ve known about ToS from before, but completely forgot about it. -_-

You should be fine with your Internet connection since you didn’t plan to take QS 3 in your build.

Allright that’s good to know, i was worried for a moment.
I think 160-170ms will suffice to get all the wild shot’s shots off.

Well maybe your so far can Schwarze Reiter use running shot while mounted ? i saw a post 6 month ago where skills were listed which you can use but its outdated i think.

Any SR videos using Running Shot?