Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter PvE build?

1 Like

For anyone interested in a QS3 - ?? - Reiter, the DPS loss for a high-ping QS3 is not that bad. I have around 150-200ms and running shot works fine, itā€™s a huge DPS increase from QS2.

I just posted this almost exact same build the other day. Slightly different, but similar idea, SR with Cannoneer

Where does it say that you have to dismount to use the canoneer skills?

Also, Running Shot does work with a mount, right? I mean, shooting isnā€™t supposed to decrease your movement speed, I thought.

It is in korean patch notes. Every canoneer and musketeer skill will dismount you.

Also some others, like kneeling shot.

ok. So long as itā€™s seemless, Iā€™ll be ok with it :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also trying to go a PvE Schwarzer Reiter, I am basically following @goldmnjp build, but was thinking of switching archer 2 out for rogue for sneak hit. I think its pretty high crit difference between swift step and sneak hit. I know that sneak hit can also be put on your party so Iā€™m having a tough time deciding.

This is what I had so far:

Iā€™m not really sure what to put points in between critical shot and high anchoring.

Also not to sure what to points in for sr besides retreating shot, wild shot and concentrated fire.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thank You! :smile:

I donā€™t see anything wrong with your build :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve seen rogue->SR work really well. Sneak hit is ā€˜easierā€™ to pull off because of the extra movement speed while mounted and it also allows you to stat more STR and not have to rely on DEX for crits.

Thanks @goldmnjp for the help, do you mind if I message you for more help about the build?

Not a problem.
Iā€™ll do my best to help you

@goldmnjp What do u think about my build. Is it fine for PVE?
Iā€™ve never played ranger and SR before so there maybe something wrong about skill point distribution. Iā€™ve do some research about ranger so my build become like this.

Rank 1 : Archer C1
Lvl 1 : Oblique Shot (5 is waste too much sp)
Lvl 5 : Multi Shot (Boss killing skill in early game)
Lvl 5 : Swift Step (Combine w/ Oblique Shot)
Save 4 points for Archer C2

Rank 2 : Ranger C1
Lvl 5 : Barrage (Very good dmg skill)
Lvl 5 : Steady Aim (For increase missile dmg)
Lvl 1 : High Anchoring (For extra dmg skill)
Lvl 1 : Critical Shot (For 1 target enemy when skills is on cd)
Save 3 points for Ranger C2

Rank 3 : Ranger C2
Lvl 10 : Barrage (same reason as above)
Lvl 10 : Steady aim (same reason as above)
I ignore Time Bomb Arrow because iā€™ve heard many people said it sucks.
Save 8 points for Ranger C3

Rank 4 : Ranger C3
Lvl 5 : Bounce Shot (Iā€™ve party w/ many rangers and i see this skill is very awesome for clearing mobs)
Lvl 5 : Spiral Arrow (I think this skill will do a good dmg for 1 target enemy)
Lvl 15 : Barrage (same reason as above)
Lvl 15 : Steady Aim (same reason as above)
The rest 3 points go to High Anchoring because i think itā€™s not worth to spend it in Critical Shot or Time Bomb Arrow.

Rank 5 : Archer C2
Lvl 10 : Multi Shot (I can learn attribute Quick Charging so i think itā€™s worth to max it)
Lvl 10 : Swift Step (Now i can keep it 100% up-time and extra critical rate from attribute)
Lvl 1 : Heavy Shot (For utility)
The rest 8 points go to Full Draw since i canā€™t use Kneeling Shot while mounting and i dont think itā€™s worth to put more than 1 in Heavy Shot.

Rank 6 : Schwarzer Reiter C1
Lvl 5 : Retreat Shot (Attacking while moving very fast so i think i will max this)
Lvl 5 : Concentrated Fire (It look similar to Multi Shot so i think itā€™s gonna be a good dmg skill)
Lvl 1 : Limacon (It has 0 cd so i think this skill will replace Critical Shot)
Lvl 1 : Caracole (Knockback for escape from danger? Maybe 1 point is enough)
Save 3 points for SR C2

Rank 7 : Schwarzer Reiter C2
Lvl 5 : Wild Shot (Mixed version of Multi Shot and Concentrated Fire? It look very strong so i think i gonna max it)
Lvl 10 : Retreat Shot (same reason as above)
Lvl 10 : Concentrated Fire (same reason as above)
The rest 3 points i still not sure which skill i should spend to.

And about stat allocation. Is it fine to do like Str3:Dex2 (all bonus points go to Con)

Thanks!! :smiley:

1 Like

Wild shot may look strong but Iā€™ve unfortunately heard that it is actually very weak making SR c2 a not worthwhile circle to go into than other classes. By picking SR c2 youā€™re hoping for a buff and/or SR c3 to be really good.

Thx for reply @dDesu . So do u have any suggestion for my R7? I choose SR2 at first because i think iā€™m too lazy to unmount for using Musketeer/Cannoneer skills.

I will try this:

Archer > Ranger c3 > Fletcher > SR > Fletcher c2

Have no idea if this is gonna work, but might be fun :smiley:

1 Like

I was actually thinking of taking the risk of going SR c2 in hopes that SR c3 will be fantastic.

Using skills that can not be used on mounts will automatically dismount for you so the annoying part is having to mount again.

Not to mention that dismounting will take off your bonus stats (most importantly HP) so youā€™ll have to heal back that HP once you get on again or just deal with lower HP.

So to answer the question I guess I donā€™t really have any suggestion for r7 sorry.

The reason to go SR2 is that Retreat Shot hits an additional 1 target per level.

So 10/10 retreating shot hits 10 targets. With the skill gem, the SR +2 skill level pistol, and Divine Might you can get that up to 14 targets (unless it caps at 10, needs testing).

So i gonna taking the risk and go SR C2 too and hope that IMC gonna buff Wild Shot soon or SR C3 will be strong.

So overall is my build fine?
Do you have any suggestion for stat allocation?

Thanks for feed back. I really appreciated.

Overall your build is fine yeah. The points you put in seem perfect :slight_smile:

One thing I could suggest is to leave Caracole at lvl 1 and simply save the extra 3 points for c3 whenever it comes out.

1 Like

But I guess it hits target in the straight line? If so, its not that important (you wonā€™t have that much targets on a line)

Yeah retreat shotā€™s AOE is quite conditional. It is a straight line yes but it also goes across the entire screen. Itā€™s most effective when you can find a wall to run into because as SR youā€™ll be outrunning the enemy most of the time.