Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

lol your manamana? Me too +11 but 0 potential. It’s stuck with me forever now.

I guess it’s better than Multishot. XD

What’s your attribute level on limacon?

I got lots of points from my Circling: Expand investment during my Falconer3 days.

Nice yeah , I think that’s the missing link really on my build . At 50 right now XD thanks again for sharing. I’m rotating my gun now on my cors3 and sr3 good stuff.

I’m taking out the eastern leather armor pcs and vubb glove and put on my cafrisun set (lost a lot of DEX for this extra line). Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I crash just after I click enter …

A little discussion about appraiser or ranger choice. As lunar said before, if you aren’t rich i will probably recommend appra because the damage of ranger skills become from your xbow, while the majority of sr damage become from you pistol. So if u are going to focus primary on your off hand due to your budget, i would suggest going for appra. Contrary to that, if u are swimming in silver and gears, you can forget appra, it wouldn’t provide so much, and take ranger 3.

Kind of want to add to ensure the right message is passed:

It depends on what you want to do with your character. If you plan on going all the way to gear a character for ET and PvP and these stuff you shouldn’t build it for the short range period (considering you have lower stages/level gear).

The same goes for the card choice IMO, for example, while clearing waves of monsters in Solmiki the bursts from Caracole with Glass Mole does wonders. While going Ellaganos or Werewolf, for example, could give better attack speed (or higher base damage and lower investment in DEX) or higher critical chance, you must also try to plan the damage on more things.

For example, my Caracole hits AoE up to around ~290k (not sure if the multi-hit counts as fake multi-hit or not, also not sure if the ~290k is the grouped multi-hit or if it’s actually ~290k*2 on those monsters) I think if I get it correctly without buffs from other characters. Without Glass Mole this could be way less even though the other cards gives other benefits.

It all goes down to: “What do you plan to do with your character?” and as well “What is your playstyle?”

Remember, especially outside of the reset event, most of time we build a character without having the end-game gear and higher transcended weapons for it. It isn’t smart to give up on the class we want/think that it is better for what we will do in the future just for the sake of leveling faster.

I’ve just tried a2-r2-appraiser-sr3 and I’m still torn. I’m not 100% sure that bounce shot is really that usefull. Barrage seems to stay strong even a lvl 10. Blindside is kinda the same as spiral arrow. It’s true that overestimate is not that big of a boost though. I’m just wondering if a combo like devaluate->blindside->caracole->barrage x3 would be better in ET than having barrage level 15 and bouce shot. There is also 5% damage increase from steady aim that we loose too. I’m not completely sold on it though. I might go back to a2-r3-sr3. It’s just that in all the vids I watch, I never see a sr3 use bounce shot nor spiral arrow.

Assuming you probably have experience in ET/Solmiko with SR3, which build do you recommend?
A2R3SR3 or A2R2App1SR3? I’m running the Appraiser route now and kinda leaning towards it.

Ranger 3 gives:

1. Some extra Barrage dmg 196%-165% = 31% * 5 hits = Extra 155% patk per Barrage OR additional 18.8% Barrage damage
  2. 5% + 50 extra damage from Steady Aim (Steady Aim uptime is 40% of the time, theoretically)
  3. Spiral Arrow
  4. Bounce Shot

Appraiser gives:

1. Overestimate. Example: At +8 Aspana (+494) which is VERY easily achieved, with Overestimate you get it to +11 (+784). That’s an additional 290 patk for 90% uptime. Of course, if you can get your Aspana up to +13 that will be additional 366 patk instead.
  2. Blindside, which is technically an improved version of Spiral Arrow with higher damage modifier, applies as a critical attack (with difficulty achieving crit rate nowadays, this rocks), improves critical rate/damage on the target & nearby targets for 20s. Cooldown is 40s, +4s from Spiral Arrow (36s).
  3. Some -def and -atk debuff from Devaluate
  4. Forgery for the lolz

IMO, I feel Overestimate gives a better bonus compared to additional 5 levels of Steady Aim (minimum of 290 patk>5% damage, unless your Patk is more than 5800). Uptime of buffs are quite important I guess? Seeing most of the time we’re using Limacon and Retreat Shot for constant/continuous damage. Blindside basically wins Spiral Arrow and I don’t see much usage of Bounce Shot other than to lure mobs (please correct me if I’m wrong). The only downside is some additional damage from Barrage is lost, which I feel isn’t really significant. However, I do want to know your opinion on this seeing you have experience in ET and stuff. Thanks!

3 Likes

Good i have two sr, one a2 ranger 2 appra and the other one a2 ranger3. The decission looks hard imo.

I’d still go with Archer2Ranger3SR3. Answering only to points I want to correct/disagree with:

In ET monster waves you can’t limit yourself for hitting only 1-2 monsters (Limacon) and Retreat Shot is kind of weak now and still have long cooldown, so most of time y\ou have downtime on AoE skills.

Bounce Shot is quite strong after patch, I get ~50-70k critical without Glass Mole (~120-150k critical with) with 2 overheats on 6 (7 with Divine Might) monsters. It doesn’t cover all your AoE needs since ET monsters have around 500k+ HP but gives a pretty decent one to rotation.

Plus for me each % of Steady Aim is quite important. With Glass Mole I get over 10k Phys Attack.

But if all you want to do is using your SR as a farm slave that you use to get silver instead of spending silver you’re most likely better with Appraiser variants.

And being honest, if all you want to do is ET most “meta” classes does more damage than SR with less investment and the same can be said for some other content. So be ready to invest on a SR because you like it. Keep in mind that it is not the cheesy 1-button ET god anymore.

which classes are the meta now for ET?

+8 isbality no gem, +9 manamana lv7 green gem, agny or max peta, cafrisun or eaglester armor and pants virtov gloves and boots switch with wind runner, hat 1 with critical atack, hat 2 with physical atack and hp, hat 3 with critical atack and add elemental damage, 2x sissel.
Limacon on 70, retreat shot on 70.
dex 200 and rest on str.

Thanks, seems like the common denominator really is the attribute level (besides the equip and stats). Mine is currently 50 -_-. Gotta farm more to make it 70.

Yes, make a difference… When I was a fletcher on 227 I had divine machine arrow, magic arrow and barbed arrow on 70 so I got almost every boss.
My party did 10F, one of them we didnt get it because both dps crash in 10f on the same time… (imc things)
Wizz2,Linker2,Thauma2,FF2
Wizz, Cryo3, Chrono3, Enchanter
Cler2, Pri1, Diev3, PD2
Archer2, Ranger3, SR3
Another is random for the moment.
Just to note, I never did ET before so its my first week.

And you are doing ET with the equips you mentioned? :open_mouth:

That’s sick bro!

Dunno if this is possible since I don’t ET, but normal pistol shots seem to be true AoE. I’ve been trying it out in xtal mines and I’ve hit all the bats n skulls that spawn on the flag part with just off-hand atk. Turning on [limacon] makes it strictly a 2 target atk.

My cafrisun run:
0 invested (11 STR 58 DEX) = 13 mins

Guess that makes sense.
lv 15 [limacon] + 40% att = 120% x 1.2 = 144%
9 STR = 2atk x 9 (+5 for reaching 30 STR) = 23 damage (34.5 on crit)
36 DEX = 5c.atk x 36 (+30 for 30 DEX) = 210 damage

So 244.5 before SF. That makes ~351 damage after SF. The extra line was worth ~1800 damage so… yeah. Cafrisun beats my crit DEX set. Gonna do the other stats next time.

1 Like

Welp, I went and finally gone Archer 2, Ranger 2, Appler 1, Schwarzenegger 3. Time to look at people so hard they explode.

BTW does Blindside’s lvl effect the crit debuff by any chance? I wanted to max the other skills, except 0 forgery, but that leaves me with Lv.2 Blindside. The dilemma between Devaluate 2 Blindside 5 is strong. ;-;