Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

Hi!

I want to update this in the future once I get more time but first I’ll be adding some random things (hidden/not so known for who don’t play the class) as a list that people might want to know.

One of the changes from before -> after patch is:
-> All? SR skills now uses Pistol (sub-weapon - secondary physical attack) physical attack. (Before patch some used main weapon/xbow damage).

-> The second thing I want to give highlight is that Caracole is the new strongest skills for SR, basically our Burst skill.

And something I noticed but require more testing is that the higher the number of monsters the higher damage will Caracole be. This is caused by the spread attack. I’m not sure if there’s a cap or not for the number of monsters.

EDIT 1: More info. I’ll organize this later into a proper list.

-> The magic number 180 definitely isn’t the “attack speed cap” you can get for a SR. I need more testing, I’m now sitting at 200 DEX (total) and other animations such as with Barrage also seems faster than 180.

The ping isn’t such that a bad factor for reasonable attack speed values, it could be a trouble if you were trying to min-max it or something like that.

I made a video with Limacon on Siauliai Mission to show how well it works on a ~175ms avg. ping.

Notes: My gear isn’t all ready yet. I need to change one hat, gems, get 4 leather pieces, get more shards, find a sweet spot for DEX/ASPD/damage etc.

If you watch the video I think many of the questions asked in this thread will be answered but I want to highlight some other points here:

EDIT 2:
Glass Mole now seems to scale correctly. Main hand with main hand. Off hand with off hand. I’ll test one more time next time I edit this topic, just in case, It’s late and I only tested with current weapons, didn’t change to weak weapons to confirm but shouldn’t be needed.

EDIT 3:
I forgot to tell before, Time Bomb Arrow (Ranger builds) now applies AoE damage on explosion so it’s quite better than before.

I made another video of SR gameplay trying to show one way of playing solo:

Please don’t mind the run being not optimal and some missed skills and mobs left behind, I was sleepy >.<

I hope this clear the answers to why do I prefer Archer2Ranger3SR3 over other variants. It’s mostly in the AoE potential of the build as you can see in the video.

If someone wants a skill build with “why did I pick X skill”:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#314441aaa.1a244a5165.1f314f546575.2a3f4f75
Archer C2:
Multi Shot: Decent damage (10-13k crits per hit + crit attribute)
Full Draw: 4 (fast charging)
Oblique Shot: 1 (not really needed)
Swift Step: 10 (max buff duration)
Heavy Shot: 5 (damage w/ 50% against plate is good)(edited)
Kneeling Shot: 0 (mount)
Ranger C3:
Barrage: 15 (damage)
High Anchoring: 0 (bad skill, bad aoe, bad damage, debuff can be worth for bosses though but takes time to charge)
Critical Shot: 1 (guaranteed 30k crits, good filler for some stuff)
Steady Aim: 15 (max damage)
Time Bomb Arrow: 4 (damage)
Bounce Shot: 5 (damage + n of targets)
Spiral Arrow: 6* (gem, damage)
SR C3:
Concentrated Fire: 0 (hard to use, low damage)
Caracole: 11* (gem, max damage, need to test differences with higher AoE ratio)
Limacon: 15 (max damage, max duration)
Retreat Shot: 15 (max damage, max number of target)
Wild Shot: 0 (read Concentrated Fire)
Evasive Action: 0 (bad skill)
Marching Fire: 5 (max damage, max number of target)

Edit:
Since a lot of people have been confusing my Siauliai video showing attack speed and thinking it was a damage test or clear time I’ve decided to post proper gameplay clear times (still not optimized, I can manage Glass Mole cooldown better for doing it faster).

If you’re going to compare builds focused on only using Limacon then you’re talking about Appraiser/Rogue to maximize crits/gun damage for only Limacon.

If you’re going to compare SR variants that takes into consideration all skills you have for AoE and burst damage these two videos should be the ones you should have be comparing with.

Limacon isn’t everything in the class nor the character is SR 3 alone.

Gray Golem boss:

Three last bosses:

Again, for the last three bosses it could be optimized more to save Glass Mole cooldown for the Woodspirit.

Edit:
Just a note, if your ping is good you might want to try higher DEX values for attack speed depending on what you plan to do with the character, Monstrance is a great tool for checking higher DEX without messing up stats.

13 Likes

Just added info in case you do not notice it: GUN type damage bonus 12.5% on leather and cloth armor

3 Likes

Which is better for SR atm, STR or DEX?

Can some1 explain how limacons damage is calculated? It feels like both xbow and pistol damage affects it for me

If u can afford at least 5 werewolf cards, i’d say go full DEX. We also need a better ping, something around 60-100 as far as i’v studied. Im currently an AR2RA1SC1RO1SR3. About the ping, it will trully depend on the map and ur connection. We from silute are not having a great ping time.

I also find retreat shot to be very usefull when fighting against lots of enemies and bosses (Using it with limacon)

wow sr’s are just farmers now tsk imc

Do i bother with a main weapon or should i just mind my pistol?

1 Like

Although SR3 isn’t the archer king of ET anymore, it’s still super powerful, im in love with my sr right now, Limacon it’s stupid strong, i reach 20k crit’s and with the dex aspd change, you can shot super fast. Also sr is the new 140/170 boss.

Do you know mid game items for SR? I just made a +10 manamana but idk what i need next

You can stick with manamana until you get an aspana, the bonus of the mana upgrades are amazing. You can get it +15 it’s not so difficult considering the new prices. I would say sissels are a must right now for SR, because you no longer need aoe atk ratio. HG gear it’s decent, first eastern leather, and then replace it with the new 280 hg gear.

1 Like

how to farm 170 with SR? I tried it and ehh I was doing no damage with limacon, got a +11 manamana, the att is at 30 though, maybe it’s that? Am I also supposed to get limacon lvl 15 instead of 10?

You would need limacon lvl 15 and the spread attribute. Also you can retreat shot and shot with limacon attacks at the same time.

For SR with Appraiser, get your pistol to +8 so Overestimate will get your pistol to +11 for the next refine bonus.

I got 0 potential pistol trying to +11 so I’m settle with +8 for now :expressionless:

is still worth going for ranger c3>rogue c1 before sr c3?

@Rairai -> "Full STR or Full DEX?"
I didn’t test Full STR yet. Full DEX is definitely BAD, it is not worth. The first stat ratio I tested was Full DEX. After changing to 200 DEX / rest STR my Caracole crits increased by at least 100k while Limacon crits decreased a bit (less critical attack). Full DEX may have its application but it will be up for you for testing and getting your conclusion, there’s a daily stat reset after all.

@s0maruin -> "How is Limacon damage calculated?"
Afaik it uses only Pistol/Offhand attack, do you have any stats in the main-hand crossbow that could increase Critical Attack or Physical Attack or Maximum Attack?

@core.harchi -> "Do I invest in a main weapon or only pistol?"
Invest on both weapons, main weapon and sub-weapon. It is expensive. Having higher attack speed covers for long cooldowns but doesn’t solve the problem, especially on AoE. Your build is more than just SR C3. If you focus only on sub-weapon your character won’t be efficient. It depends on what you want to do with your character though.

@lbasquiet It’s up to you. I do not like Appraiser, Rogue, QS C3 and Wugushi variants for SR. I didn’t even test other build aside from Ranger C3 because the lack of AoE. Honestly, we already have too long cooldowns to sacrifice AoE damage for gimmicky stuff or trying to be cheap by getting some stats instead of investing properly. Again, depends on what you want to do with your character.

Side question.
Is it possible to play archer with a controller? I tried but aspd is way lower than with mouse/keyboard :confused:

I do not know how to answer your question nor will test ASPD without a controller (won’t matter since I won’t switch).

I am used to controller and a spoiled controller player since iCBT 2 launch, I don’t want to change since controller is so comfy and I’m really used to it.

Aside from making a video that shows Attack Speed it is never the focus of any character I have. I just want to have enough ASPD to get the job done and that’s it. In all scenarios I can think of all my other skills will kill the bosses or monster group faster than AA’ing with Limacon.

I really don’t like and don’t see it as worth to build Attack Speed builds, unless you like it but I feel most other things are better and as well not so dependent on ping.

Lunar, what weapon would you recommend to use with Manamana?
I was only able to +8 it tho, 0 potential now, FeelsBadMan

Hello Lunar, thank you for your great contributions to this class discussion. I wanted to know if you would eventually put up a skill build somewhere once you think you have a complete one. And also what do you think of this person’s skill guide? I have come back after an extremely long break and understandably have no clue what to do, but I did recognize and remember your name from that time ago. You guys seems to have differing opinions on your sr skills. I also wanted to know if full draw had better use than multishot. Although I suppose it’s more a thought of how you would use it…

I also understand if you don’t have the time to look over this haha. I just wanted to know your opinion since there are a lot of things happening right now.

Thank you :smiley: