Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

/offtopic

‘tips and trick after patch’

…first you must be able to mount your ride.
ayyyyyy

2 Likes

Hi guys, what pet stat should I increase with companion NPC? Is there a limit to how much you can train it for a certain stat, evasion, hp?

As always, try things for yourself.

There’s so much misinfo and changed info on tree of savior it’s disgusting, I suppose this would be fixed with a proper wiki updated, but no one is going to touch a wiki while tos.neet.tv has everything, why do the work for that stuff.

I mean attack speed itself is just like c’mon, you couldn’t put a number ingame?!

None, that’s beyond hyperlategame that you would bother increasing those.

Just throw 2 good shields and 2 good armor pieces on him (Leaf Penguin or other cash shop pet)

used to have 200 total dex before, then i resetted to all dex.

never going back to that shitty 200 dex again lol

1 Like

Hi, I have some simple follow-up questions regarding SR.

1. Why should you max retreat shot? Im C2 as of the moment, as far as I understand it only hits 1 target at a time.
  2. How does evasive action work? What’s the duration of the buff?
  3. Why is evasive useless? if you pump all DEX, then more reason to pump your evasion.

Thanks in advance.

1. RS could hit multiple enemies in a straight line

2. Never used this before

3. Something that had to do with revamp. + you cant avoid magic

Basically: Enchanter can give you max evasion to your entire party, and evasion isn’t a great stat to prioritize anyway as it seems to cap low.

TL;DR

Right now it’s avoided for a few reasons

1. Other skills are better, 15Lima 15RS is mandatory. 5 MF is damn good and Caracole is damn good with Spread, although I really don’t use it myself. You could consider this however: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3aaa.253f4f6575
  2. I’ve never actually used it, but I believe it’s getting changed soon, I do know that they are removing the demerit (no more movement speed slow) but that was really a HUGE turn off since SR3 is about being fast
  3. Most people avoid DEX after the changes from the combat patch update to because no critrate from DEX,

Most of these people never bothered to run the numbers on an SR3 because you shoudl still be going full DEX. You will see alot of people advocate for maxing at 100 or 200 DEX but frankly even that isn’t necessary. Evasion is a nice benefit but you need a lot of it and if (as people have claimed) it maxes at 80% evasion chance, it’s really not reliable at all. Compared to other games where it maxes at around 95% evasion chance. This means to make full use of it you need to also mix in some block to really cover yourself for near always being protected, now the biggest thing is that this will not help you at all for magical attacks. What most people miss here is that neither will STR.

You can’t dodge magic, so you’ll still need to stack MDEF, that doesn’t change, getting evasion on gear is really hard, so generally stack DEX instead to get your evasion that way (Vienti Kaulas for example), there being no evasion gear makes this a real pain in the ass.

With not too big of an investment (a few days at HG320) you’ll have enough DEX between that and some other easy methods (necklace of sloth->max peta, cards, etc) to keep your evasion high enough to probably reach that 80% point.

You need about 1,010 evasion to reach that 80% on a Kugheri Lyoni, much more on a boss.

Now, here’s the biggest problem, even if you reach that a party with an Enchanter will invalidate all of the purpose of doing it because an Enchanter C2 will be able to pretty much max party’s dodge chance.

Agility Lv5: STA +25 Dodge Chance: +[Current Sta] x0.5
Agility LV10: STA +50 Dodge Chance: +[Current Sta] x1

Even as it stands right now Arcane Energy from Ora1 is STA +25, bringing you a total of +50 STA from buffs or +25% dodge chance, what’s key her is that this is chance, not rate. As far as I know this is the same as Evasion Chance but I’ve yet to test this, if it’s not then it’s good news for SR/Rogues, if it is it’s bad news for the Evasion department of them.

Being able to get +25% dodge chance is possible right now with EnchanterC1, but with Enchanter C2 it’ll be +75 (+50Enchanter +25 Ora scroll at Lv5) STA and x1 is 75% dodge chance that’s not including any other STA you already have, and you’re likely to have a bit. Assuming this is a proper party and that Enchanter is a Linker3 and you have a Chrono3 with Pass, you’ll have Lifeline always up or almost always up and will have way more stamina, enough for an Enchanter to give you max dodge chance constantly.

Thanks sir for the advice. I’ll skip on evasive action.

But about retreat shot, i find it very hard to maneuver especially when you lure the mobs in circular pattern. I’ve never tried linear pattern though.

Appraiser is a must for all DEX build. my advise (IMO) for rank 1-4, go with archer 3 to max out crit rate. With ranger, it seems a hassle to keep on buffing stead aim. It’s already a hassle for me to buff OE, SS, and Limacon, then inflict deevaluation and blindside to the mobs. Then go with scout on R4 for flu-flu (not for offensive use, but for debuff, maybe good for pvp). Wugushi seems good with the poison spread, but I think the damage scales with STR.

Have a nice day everyone.

hi, what can be a good build for sr? i will main it while farming dungeons and mats? what would be the stats and also for now, i cannot afford orange wep, what wep should i be using? tnx

70k crit limacon, 40k white damage. Full set miki leather and all dex.

Ohh he can solo 21-23F too. Lols

1 Like

Depending on what you want to do RogueC1 can be better than Appraiser, but if you go all DEX you’ll probably want one or the other to benefit from all of that C.Atk wasting away if you’re not critting.

Retreat Shot you have to get used to, I usually round em up then run away from them or do a back and forth. Don’t forget to keep attacking (Limacon) while Retreat Shotting and you should be good :slight_smile:

Archer2->Archer3 will only give +25~ Crit Rate, so this is entirely up to you, it stops you from going Ranger2 though, and IMO I’d rather go QS1 then Ranger1 if I’m not taking it to 2, but that’s just me, most people don’t value QS1’s skills.

if my ping is high (can get to 400 on crowded places), how much dex should i invest on, also should i take ranger 3 or something else for silver farming and dg?

In my opinion you should avoid the ranger3 route whenever possible, but it depends on what you want I’d say 3 routes:

1)Only a farmer - Ranger3 is fine
2)A versatile character/main you want to take everywhere, bosses, ET, farming, etc, especially if this is your only character: Ar2R2Ro1SR3
3)A versatile character but you don’t feel like you need to bleed all usefulness from it, will probably invest a bit but not your main - Ar2R2App1SR3

STR: 50-100 at most (whatever you need to keep accuracy at 100% or near) rest DEX.

I generally use Kugheri Lyoni as my staple regular enemy to compare to: 164 Evasion https://tos.neet.tv/npcs/58548

I went to calculate but the numbers must be wrong on accuracy/evasion innate growth or somewhere so I’ll calculate it another time as it would take clearing some stuff up, since the info there states that with just innate I’d have 0% chance to hit kugheri lyoni and that’s not the case as I’ve tested it and have hit albeit at a low chance on my 100% dex no acc/str character

can i take the appraiser quest even when im already rank 8? just in case if i use reset voucher i take the appraiser

You can do the pre-quests for Hidden Classes on any character you want, even if it’s not their related hidden class (the only expection to this rule is Chaplain as far as I know).

TLDR: Yes, you can do it. If you happen to use a rank reset voucher in the future and you’ve done the unlock quest previously, you’ll be able to choose Appraiser at Rank 5.

1 Like

I’ve been out for quite some time but I want to post simply to agree with others on recommending Full DEX after recommending 200 DEX before myself >_<

Damage + high ping are the reasons I recommended the range of 200 ish DEX. They’re still valid but my opinion changed and the old one was mostly influenced by too few tests and other info around.

For comparsion:
@Nvictus posted the 21f Solmiki clear as SR with basically spamming high damage + high ASPD.

On my end I have lower crits (ranging from 55 to 65 ish) but even at 649 DEX (monstrance scrolls) I can’t keep up the same attack speed and can’t clear the DPS check the same way ;-;

I need someone in the center of the room to help with monsters stuck due to aggro limit to be able to “solo” the floor with more Barrage/Caracole/Bounce Shot/Retreat Shot rotations.

For science, 1F on Lolopanther works better because the entire wave targets and walks towards you. On 21F they get stuck after you have aggro on 6 or 8 monsters.

I’m currently with Full DEX now at 492 DEX / 130~180ms ping (when stable). It’s definitely better than 180, 200 and 300 DEX I had before with bonuses from gears.

But there’s downsides: Sometimes I lag out of attacking and the character slides while stuck like when you fail to cast a skill due to lag and if ping goes higher than 220ms the attack speed is slow.

I also feel I get better ASPD when I stop walking and just hold Limacon instead of walking while attacking. Maybe just a placebo effect though D:

So, basically yeah, DEX is better as long you can make it work with ASPD or numbers.

Full DEX may be weaker and need better weapon investment, attack speed and/or crits to compensate. And there’s the chance you’d feel damage is too low even with high ASPD but it will be way better as you level up and get better weapons.

Side-note: Might take some time to get used to new values/ASPD if you had STR. Some skills might crit 5~20k ish lower with Glass Mole but that’s within acceptable range and the difference might be lower after the card changes.

Side-note 2: Had some people tell me that you get higher ASPD with less DEX and lower ping. I don’t have detailed information nor confirmation or anything but it seems to be valid. It’s something to consider, especially when comparing to korean Limacon videos.

Evasion-wise: From my own experience even 920+ evasion won’t be too reliable when you mostly need it: Knockback and PvP. Some bosses AoE knockbacks are even multi-hits so you’d end up getting hit even after evading first hits.

The only thing I’d really disagree with you is recommending against Ranger 3 in favor of Rogue 1 route (especially after card changes) but that’s opinion >_<

Just keep in mind that once upon a time, almost a fairy tale now, you needed more than Limacon to play xD

Sometimes you will still need but that definitely varies from case to case, especially after seeing the 21f clear.

I’d say something like this for a ranking:

1. Ranger 3 route for main / high investment. (with decent/good ping and uses AoE to compensate lower ASPD)
  2. Appraiser route for main / high investment (with really good ping for Limacon spam) or low budget farmer.
  3. Other variants such as Rogue.

But that’s my limited view from someone who never played Rogue and feel it will fall down really hard after the limit of 3 werewolves cards. Sorry if I’m wrong >_<

3 Likes

Lunar! Nice to hear from you.

I’ve known for long you did advocate for the 200 dex long ago. So yeah, seems that ideally full dex is indeed better BUT factors like ping plays a major role as well.

For example, I am full dex but ping is around 180~ish so sometimes I have this feeling that I am not maximizing my dmg due to high ping (just like quarrel shooters with running shot)

So i think full dex is great but as well, not everyone has the same ping therefore the “optimal stat build” varies from one player to another.

1 Like

Hi again!

I apologize for recommending 200 DEX without taking many tests and considering less things.

One important thing to note:
A 10-50ms full dex will be better than a 180ms ping on SR but that doesn’t mean it’s better to user lower dex. As long your ping isn’t really too bad you will benefit from ASPD just as well and higher DEX will most likely feel better for you in the end.

This is something I should have thought about / considered more when judging back then too. >_<

1 Like

That’s alright, nobody really knows how it works and we are all the same trying to figure oht what works the best!

Oh hey @LunarRabbit! Welcome back!
Glad to hear from you.

I’m currently using Manahas Set on a pure DEX Appraiser Reiter build.
I’m enjoying the build so far. Although I’ve scanned quite a bit through the Dev Roadmap that was posted a while ago and I’m worried about the changes that might happen in terms of gearing my character. I feel like the tons of hours spent farming for the Manahas Set would be not worth it after those changes come.

Anyway, glad that you’re back on the thread. Cheers!