Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

Here’s my ping as u can see it’s unstable

And I’m also a new player so i don’t have much so i was wondering if this would still work for me.

It will still work for you, if you can I’d suggest doing the Appraiser quest and go A2R2AppSR3, but if you find the quest too much of a chore just go R3 isfine.

For dex I’d aim for the 190 or 230 point with that ping, getting about 140-150 and getting the rest from equips is fine.

Do consider that 3 of your cards will be STR, DEX, or STR+DEX with the upcoming change so that’s somewhere between +0 to +30DEX from cards. Your gear should be Cafrisun for pretty much ever (until Manahas), so you won’t be getting DEX there, leaving your bracelets, necklace, and weapons basically. You can pulll 28 DEX from a Silver Hawk crossbow if you decide to strengthen your guy up with stats, or 35DEX from Chrisius (What you will almost certainly want).

Since this will be a farmer primarily, if it won’t be your main:
190 DEX - 35 (Chrisius) - 30 (Ellaganos cards x3) - 10 (Necklace of Sloth) = 115 DEX, rest STR.

This all really cheap gear to get you to that point. I know that those ‘brackets’ don’t really exist as much for skills, I’m not sure if that’s the case with Limacon or not, so don’t be afraid to go over/under this.

if the upcoming ktos changes are true where swift step level adds more
crit chance in addition to the attribute, how does:

a3>wugu1>apr1>SR3 sound?
wugu is the filler for wugong gu that will be spread via limacon

Is Cafrisun better than 315 leather (blue)?

I would recommend you just max limacon and rs (maybe just limacon) and save the other points. I’ll see in the future a little rework of the sr skills due to how the rest of the skills are garbage compared to lima.

1 Like

and with te new card system? wichs cards should we use?

Cafrisun is offensive gear, so yes.

The idea behind cafrisun is to stack ‘extra hits’

Cafrisun+Enchant Fire(scroll will be 300s soon)+Sacrament to apply a large amount of Blessing and other Property damage that will apply to each of these hits.

If you decide to just go purely for PAtk you can skip this but for a cheap dungeon runner, Cafrisun helps, quite a bit.

Marching Fire is really good, andI would suggest the 5 points there.

However, IF you took Rogue and are interested in the evasion and went all DEX, SR3’s evasion skill might be really good for you with the upcoming changes, but it’s hard to drop points elsewhere for it decisively.

Until then, Caracole (if you have Spread) is good as well, but here’s my order of importance:

Limacon > Retreat Shot > Marching Fire > Caracole
Everything else is currently trash/weak IMO

If you’re Rogue1SR3 I’d go with something like this: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3aaa.253f4f6575

In any other case, something more like this: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3aaa.2a3f4f75

I don’t find myself personally using Caracole much but it is good, and the higher rate on it is nice. Marching Fire on the other hand gets a lot of use, and is quite useful.

The card system still isn’t finalized it seems so it may see some changes, right now it’s just in kTEST (not kToS afaik), best to wait a bit to see. Most likely glass mole will still be used, other than that it’s just best to see.

1 Like

Anyone know a place that I can farm silver? I have a good blessing with my pardoner so is easy to farm.
I really need silver right now, gears are not problem now I’m using RHC and aspana so I can go anywhere.

Hi, Can someone give me an updated link of - rank path, skill distribution and stat distribution of this build please?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311444aaa.4a.4f.3f

1 Like

Superb. Thanks. What about the stats? (Sorry for asking too much.)

Any map for orange recipe materials to sell.
HG320 to sell eqs.
Gem drop map to sell gems (alambique cave, any kalejimas dungeon map, …)

Or try timerys temple and keep channel switching after each full map clear. Put pardoner on the map and put squire repair to fix durability.

1 Like

is there a DPS calculator or spreadsheet we can play around values for SR3?

been reading conflicting stat allotments like 180 dex, rest str or 1:2 str:dex, ect.

is there a simple pattern we can follow such as:
if crit rate is less than 800-something, do 2:1 str:dex (no idea )
if base weap damage is less than 5k put reds instead of green (?)

Actually there are, but what youre asking is what people discuss without finalization up until this point. Basically you would want between 600-650 crit rate with swift step and red gems on pistol.after that, stat, gear, gems on xbow etc will depend what gear you already have or what you are aiming for

Never follow a x:y ratio of stats, ever. This is a bad idea. There’s always going to be a certain number that you need to do X, and if you don’t understand this and your ratio just happens to hit it, you’ll be in a bad place later, and that number will change. For example you will need enough STR for accuracy, this number is fairly low, 50 is enough really right now for almost everything, you can get most of that form 3 cards being STR and you just going full DEX.

Your best bet right now is full DEX for the attack speed since you will almost always be using Limacon, you’re not going to find a good calc/spreadsheet that properly calculates attack speed because it’s not something that’s well documented or publically well documented at least, going by the little that is available going full DEX will beat full STR all the time for SR3

Let’s not even consider extras you gain from scrolls/skills (Monstrance scales DEX nothing similar to scale STR), but you’ll be proccing your Manahas, Sacrament, etc more often as well, while these probably aren’t most of your damage they should be a good amount. If you’re ont he poor side (no Aspana, keeping Manamana) scaling Property Damage isn’t bad, and this benefits it more, think of it as an On Hit build in a MOBA/ARPG

Just some basic numbers given from the DEX bracket (search it) thread, at 0 DEX you have 1.7 HPS (Hits Per Second), at full DEX you’re going to have around 2.4 HPS, so that’s a 41% increase in Attack Speed. You can consider that as doing 41% more damage from Sacrament, Cafrisun/Manahas, Enchant Fire, etc as well as just doing 41% more damage overall, so the question just becomes if STR can keep up with that or not, it can’t, but you can run the numbers yourself to see.

Even at pretty bad PAtk (3k Patk)

• Base: 2385
  • 400 STR: 3557
  • 400 DEX: 2904 (x1.41= 4904)

So yes, per attack it would seem DEX is weaker even at such a low value, but instead DEX is stronger when you account for attack speed, and by a very decent amount. It also means that as long as you are 1HKOing you are moving from one target to the next faster, but it also means you can’t use STR as a crutch to get to that 1HKO faster, so you will rely on your gear a little more to do so. This is where playing with 1HKO/2HKO factors in to where you want to hunt and which is better for that area and your gear, but honestly this isn’t a game where I’d go that far, although I’ve done it for other games.

hi. this thread is really interesting. so you conclude that all dex is better, ill go for it (ill reset my char soon).

by the way, is a3-sc1-app1-sr3 good? im thinking of a fightning chance in pvp. i think stealth will be good alongside appraiser deevaluation.

although im hesistant of archer circle 3 since circle 2 is enough for the crit rate. instead im not sure if ranger 1 is good just to have that small buff lvl 5 steady aim.

wud?

I don’t have much of a comment on PvP but it’s disabled right now with no date that it’ll be re-enabled anyway.

A3 will only get you another 25~ or so crit rate, nothing huge, probably not worth it for just that.
Ranger1 I wouldn’t say is worth it, at that point I’d go Hunter1 instead for PvP purposes probably, but I’m not very knowledgeable on PvP.

I have 490 Dex and the rest on STR… and I like it a lot :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

interesting. its different from what others saying about how the pistol AA is easily
capped early on at 180-200ish dex, will try it on my other SR.

with this 50str, rest in dex setup; what would be the optimal dps gems for a
3 slot main and 2 slot sub? (isbality-mana -> rhc-aspana / mikis)
since been getting a lot of different takes on that as well; like 3x green mains,
2x reds on sub. yellows on mains if you reach a certain crit rate or if monster
level is below X, ect.