Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

What do I gain by going C3 Ranger? Endgame wise?

Well, technically endgame isn’t here yet. But if you mean ET, it isn’t as strong as it was before rebalance patch, but as long as you have decent gears it’s good. Ranger offers you AoE. But honestly once you hit SR I rarely use any ranger skills. I don’t have any other SR, so I can’t tell you about other builds with QS. I just enjoy SR because of the mobility.

You’re not really going to be using actives other than limacon and other SR skills for damage, so your main gain would be Steady Aim which since it modifies your damage, is pretty good, but has to be cast so often it can be annoying.

1 Like

Hi guys, i need your advice on this

i recently reached R8 (ar2ranger3sr3) with only event weapons/equipment and training pistol but i wish to use this character as my main farming-silver character to fund my other characters so can anyone recommend me what is the first equipment/weapon/attributes i should aim for to do 140/170 comfortably ? and the following items to aim for to make it even smoothly

You will get more information from this than probably anywhere else: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/7oa8cd2c50/
(use Chrome and the translate)

In short, get rank 15 Limacon with the spread attribute. Attribute Limacon to 40 or something since its low-hanging fruit for damage. Prioritize getting Manamana. Then you can go for a decent leather seat. You can effectively farm 140/170 at this point. If you like the play style you can get more expensive gear (2x siss/max peta). Not really worth it imo since it defeats the point of farming if you spend 30 mil gearing your farmer. Especially since this never ends.

Btw, 140/170 is overhyped imo - if you do a wide variety of efficient areas you would be better off.

There’s a bit of incorrect information in that guide though?
It’s one of the best visually, but giving up Crit Rate+150 (and some evasion) for Ranger seems like a mistake.
Werewolf cards through everything I’ve seen at least are not additive so it’s not 60% chance with 6 cards
Greens in your pistol don’t even come close to reds, no matter how high your PAtk or Crit Rate are

If you’re good at getting behind though Rogue is certainly the best R5 for SR by far for the crit rate that you don’t have to cast too often.
Feint migh tbe worth swapping for Vendetta when the change hits

actually it does stack, else i cant explain how i can crit 90% in HG 320 from front with only 480 crit rate+ 8 werewolf lv 10?

It stacks, but what I mean is that everything I’ve read and what little I’ve tested shows that it is, as it says on the card not +10%, not 10%. It stacks but not additively. Meaning that
1Card = 10% Chance
2Card = 10% Chance, another 10% chance
3Card = 10% Chance, another 10% Chance, another 10% chance

Not 10%+10%+10%=30% chance
So that really comes out to 1-(.9^3) = 27.1% chance

8Card = 1-(.9^8) = 57% chance
480 Crit Rate on a 150 CDef mob is 32.4% Crit Chance.
(480-150)^0.6=32.4

I don’t know how many levels in sneak hit you have but I’ll assume just one rank. So that’s 32.4% + (40% chance 57% of the time), the math here is simple, it’s like averaging crit damage.
((1-.57)*32.4) + (.57*72.4) = 55.2% critical chance

If it’s additive you should see something more like
((1-.8)*32.4) + (.8*72.4) = 64.4~% crit chance
(You have a 1 - 80% chance to not gain the additional crit and an 80% chance to gain the additional crit, so you multiply each by the factor to get the average)

I probably missed something here or got something wrong, if I did please correct me.

Neither of these should give you the amount of crit chance you’re claiming, but this is common to see ifyou didn’t actually measure it out over a long period of time, I recently had someone tell me that Blindside alone gives them 80%+ crit chance with under 350 crit rate, of course this was false and since I have blindside I tested it myself, they were way, way way off, but I don’t have 8 WW cards, so I can’t test this out.

The difference in change with 3 cards alone means I would take a long long time to test it myself which one it is, sadly.

sorry i forgot this is SR3 thread. My char is rogue2, sneakhit lv 10, +50% crit chance. And i build all 8 werewolf from the scratch, leveling one by one, so i can feel the huge difference when i use 2 ww and when i finally use 8 ww. I can record you a video to check it, give me all the prequisite and constraint, i will do it in hg 320

Well, if you’re RogueC2 the only thing changing is the 50% crit chance instead of 40%.

((1-.8)*32.4) + (.8*82.4) = 72.4% chance

Please do keep in mind that you’re also probably attacking from the back a good amount of the time though, unless you already factored that in? If you did, it could still be either.

Probably the easiest way to test though is just on the training dummy in Kilaipeda, but Ihonestly don’t know which side is the front or back for purposes of a Rear Attack, if you do know though that would be best, if you don’t, just head to HG 320, but the problem would be recording only Frontal Hits to ensure it’s triggering.

To be honest even if you record something I can’t be bothered to record it, when the change hits and we only get 3 WW cards the difference between additive and multiplicative is 3%, it’s not huge, and thus I don’t care. If the change wasn’t coming I might be bothered since the change would be 23% chance to trigger the Rear Attack which is pretty big.

i usually go to the front, flufluing the enemies, when they coming at me clustered, i circling them and combo with triple arrow and it CRIT. I assure you it is 100% not back attack. No feint used.
as long as it is not back attack, i.e: front or side attack, then werewolf contribute to the crit chance.
But since you dont care, then this is the end of discussion

Thank you for the guidance !

beside 140/170, what efficient areas can i go for silverfarming then?

You do understand though that even if you had 100% chance to proce with 8 werewolf cards you wouldn’t hit 90% crit chance?

430 Crit Rate against Balaam Mobs, let’s say this one here https://tos.neet.tv/npcs/58763
153 CDef
(430-153)^.6 = 29.2% Crit Chance
+50% from Sneak Hit = 79.2% Crit Chance

That would still leave you 10% short of what you quoted?

Are you maybe using Archer2’s Swift Step attribute and not counting that in your Crit Rate quoted above? :thinking:

330 crit rate+ swift step 150 crit rate=480 crit rate.
Pardon me, my claim about 90% crit chance is not based on calculation but by eye observation, the crit frequency seems to be higher than 72.4%, and much higher than your multiplicative assumption ((1-.8)32.4) + (.882.4) =60.9%.
You provide me math calculation, i offer to provide you actual video feed to prove my point. Do you still want to continue?

Depends on the server and marketplace. Most hunting grounds are decent if you can get through it smoothly (sub 200 maps, so mobs dropping in a few seconds), and the cube gear sells well. I prefer those because there is always respawns. Really any dense zone 250+ that you can clear smoothly can be decent.

1 Like

Feel free to, but they have to all be frontal attacks (Not side, as halfway through the side it counts as a Rear Attack), but I’m not going to dissect what’s a Rear Attack (thus subjhect to Sneak Hit) or not.

I think the point I’m trying to make is that even if that were the case, you have to understand that either way, you are not hitting 90% crit rate, which was my initial point of even if they were additive, you still wouldn’t be seeing the crit chance you were, hell even from the back you wouldn’t be hitting that crit chance.

Now adding Swift Step we get a bit closer though!
(480-153)^.6 = 32.2% crit chance

32.2% crit chance + 50% from Sneak Hit = 82.2% crit chance
This still isn’t 90%, what you are doing is extremely comon, you are using eye observation as you call it, you’re not going to see anything accurate with this, and even if you did because you’re not writing anything down you’re not even paying attention to the longterm, feel free to make a video of about 10,000 attacks, and count the crits, you should see somethnig near what your actual crit chance is.

If you’re just looking at 100 attacks, you’re going to get a lot of potential deviation, and when your crits are high (60%+, 70%+) it’s very easy to have them feel like they’re critting all the time.

The same happens to me on my cannoneer, I have 705 Crit Rate and RogueC2 (+50% crit chance)
(705-153)^.6=44.1% + 50% = 94.1% crit chance

I’ve got a lot less from the front, a lot less. I also have fluflu so often times I’m attacking from the front, but confusion can sometimes lead to back attacks as well, however mentally it is hard to distinguish it to the level of what actually scrutinizing the data in a video will give you. I’ve done this, and my crits are indeed very low from the front, around 40-50% without WW cards, but it feels like a lot more because mentally without looking back at it, it feels like I’m critting much more as I count all of them, I’m not looking and counting my crits/attacks as I play, are you?

1 Like

nooo, that 480 is already including swift step, for simplicity sake. I can make video about 10000 attack but my eyes cant follow up.
How about this, forget all about my 90% crit claim, i give you 5 minute video and you decide how much my crit chance based on that video?

Ah, okay. Well there in the last one I did indeed calculate it with the 480. the -153 is from enemy Crit Def.
Realized I put 430 in the one before so it felt a little lower.

on 2nd thought, forget it. This is small matter, you right and you win. i go continue farming grinender card.

with the swell right arm buffs affecting pistols and the 300s duration buffs on ktos, is it better to partner with pyrothaums or is the chrono3 still superior when it comes to field farming and HG farming?