Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

Yes /20charrrrrsssssssssssss

1 Like

@LunarRabbit Its sad to see you go. Iā€™ve been attuned to this thread ever since I started playing ToS. Hope youā€™ve not yet made up your mind about going.

Anyway, I have a question. Have you tried out using the Ar2>R2>Ap1>SR3 build? Howā€™s that comparable to your current build setup and why did you chose the Ar2>R3>SR3 build aside from the AoE potential.

If Iā€™m heavily investing on my SR character which build path between the two do you think could benefit the most out of it?

assuming you have aspana +11 trans 10ā€¦ rogue 8 werewolf with buffs ur crit rate is 90 % + ā€¦ would it be better to have physical attack or critical attack? red gem or yellow gem in the crosbow?

if your crit chance is 90% then crit atk from dex+yellow gem win

1 Like

Remember cards system is being reworked and you will able to stack only up to 3 cards of the same type.

Critical Attack at 90% most likely, but not by much. Here you go with an unrealistic 10k PAtk from weapon

Here you go with a more realistic 4k PAtk

If you want the spreadsheet let me know, Iā€™m not really knowledgeable on embedding them here.

As you can see here yellow is clearly better at this crit rate, but itā€™s not absolutely insane, 363 damage difference per gem (whether at 4k or 10k damage), the real difference shows with green gems when you go higher PAtk, but at 90% you get so little from Crit Rate I wouldnā€™t bother.

Unless of course youā€™re considering Sneak Hit which you would have to be, meaning youā€™re really around 30-50% pre-Sneak Hit, so assuming Rogue 3 and you being around 30%, you could probaly get 10% from 1-2 green gems and hit 100% crit chance which would be better than either yellow or reds here.

sadly sr3 can only take rogue1 atm

1 Like

thanks for the answerā€¦ nah i was just testing actually cause right now im farming only with my SR, dpk matsā€¦ i got +11 aspana with trans 7 + 3 lvl 8 red gemsā€¦ and i didnt know what to put on the isbalityā€¦ since i farm with quicken + barracks so full time 800+ crit rate + full time sneakyhit, i Rarely dont critā€¦ i know all of this will change with the cards upcoming changeā€¦ so i choose to go red which would be more realistic if they nerf rogue cardsā€¦and gonna keep on lvl 7 gems in the crosbow incase i need to swap to greens after patch

thanks thoā€¦ but one thing i did notice is that for me right now is alot better to go full dex so iā€™ll

Full DEX usually isnā€™t recommended because of the way CAtk doesnā€™t fit into crit formula so you want more PAtk, PAtk also jsut scales better, but you can generally get more CAtk than PAtk by far, so while you might need something like 16 Catk to be worth 10Patk, you will easily get that much and more. 10STR = 25PAtk, 10DEX = 50 CAtk, so as long as CAtk is worth 2 PAtk, youā€™re good.

Do make sure you have enough STR for Accuracy though, Iā€™m struggling slightly with that on a full dex build that has 2x sissels. It wonā€™t be a problem at all until near end levels though, where youā€™ll just want to substitute the issue with things like max petamion, accuracy gem, etc.

EDIT:
I apologize that for the above I used only the damage part of the formula that involved crit
(PATK(*1.5))+CAtk

While I should have used the full thing which is:

attack[1] * min(1,log10(((attack[2] / ((defense * 0.878) + 1)) ^ 0.9) + 1))
where attack[1] = ((PAtk * 1.5) + crit attack)
and attack[2] = PAtk

or form EternalDreamā€™s thread:

Damage = (skillFactor%) * (Attack * (100% + (0 or 50% if crit)) + (0 or Critical Attack)) * min {1, log10 ((Attack / (Defense + 1))^0.9 + 1)} + Additional Damage

So that would mean the numbers would be something with high crit more along the lines of:
4K PAtk -

All STR = 47 more damage (Yellow > Red)
All DEX = 9 more damage (Yellow > Red)

10k PAtk -

All STR = 235 more damage (Yellow > Red)
All DEX = 224 more damage (Yellow > Red)
(With all DEX here, Greens actually beat Reds but still fall short of Yellows)

with non-RogueCrit values
All STR = 55 more damage (Red > Yellow)
All DEX = 64 more damage (Red > Yellow)
but green beats them both in all DEX build beating Red by 69 damage!

However, the green will fall off after the first gem due to DR, but this can all be repeated with multiple gems easily as well, the only one really changing in the distribution being greens.

Should be the full formula without any issues now, but incase there are, here you go if you feel you want to take a look at ithe exact formulas I used

1 Like

weird, last time i compared them DEX will benefit more than STR if your crit is high.
full str stat

patk 1119
catk 32

full dex stat

patk 197
catk 1870

if we use weapon with 1000atk
full str if crit (1000+1119)*1.5+32=3210
full dex if crit (1000+197)*1.5+1870=3665

yea im having a hard time with the full dex/full str actually cause i went from full dex to 190 invest in strā€¦ lil in dex and it went down 4k in my crits

The base values I copied in were for slightly under level 330, Iā€™ll edit that too.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and edited them as variables that are constant throughout the sheet, so they can be edited now to change with level easily and arenā€™t something I just moved from my other sheet about my character thatā€™s a bit under 330 :slight_smile:

Let me know if you see any other issues, and sorry for the ones so far!

1 Like

Hello guys, I have just created a sr. Except for facing a wall, is there any other tricks on utilising retreat shot?

Use it with limacon active

1 Like

How does it work exactly?

Use limacon, retreat and swiftstep at the same time. Then fire with your auto button C.

so is sr rogue dead now with the card patch only 3 werewolf at maxā€¦?

nope, veteran rogue who already used to searching around enemyā€™s back wont get affected too much

Could someone link me the best farming build? Iā€™m guessing C3 Archer, C3 SR and two filler classes?
Iā€™m only going to use this build to farm silver and dpk drops.

I use ar2ranger3sr3. Swift step and limacon can be up 100% of the time.