Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

The reason I’m not playing with my archer is because I find it unworthy to do it with a controller.

I play all my other chars with a controller (I tried keyboard, but it’s annoying), but I found out that archers seem slower with it. I don’t know why, I find it out by chance when I hadn’t enough mobility/damage to progress in the game.

However, if you’re using it and having good results, maybe I just was bad with it :smiley:
I’ll try it again and see if something has changed :slight_smile:

Hi Lunar

I Wish to know how is the Ranger Skills right now, i got Aspanna and feel very satisfayed with SR Dmg, but i dont have a good Crossbow yet still farming for it and dont know how ranger is going. Thinking into going to Appraiser path for better bossing but if ranger dmg is not that bad i will stay with him for AOE in ET / Solmiki.

That’s one of the rare reliable guides in tosbase. He’s been playing SR and updating his guide even before rework.

Hey LunarRabbit,
first thanks for that piece of informations, it’s really usefull. I would have three questions if you don’t mind though, as I planning on finishing my SR. (I’m sitting at level 177 now.

First : what is your skill point distribution. I’m really lost. As I understand your are a2 r3 sr3, but some skills seems to be less effective now. Like multishot. I’m kind of lost.

Second : What should be dex:str ration at lower level. I’ve tried like 1.5:1 which seems not bad and 1:1, I just want to know your opinion.

Third : Are a2 r3 skills worth it enough to not go appraiser? I know it seems only to be a cheap anvil, but you are buffing the entire party and debuffing the boss/mobs. I was masochist enough to do the prereq and try it yesterday it seemed to be really strong (the debuff and blindside part), but I miss some other dps skills, As a2 r2 doesn’t unlock the stronger skills of either. I found it a little boring to only auto attack to do most damage. I was thinking maybe a1 r3 appraiser sr3, a3 r1 appraiser sr3 or stick with the good ol a2 r3 sr3. I’m really torn, because now’s the chance to get it right in the reset event.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

if u need attack speed just go nearly 200 dex, so u can reach 200 dex with gear, never put more on dex, str is more effective to our damage even crit damage, because the fomula …log(attack/defence+1)^0.x… the “attack” only count your physic damage which from str and weapon attack, if u go full dex, the “attack” is really low so monster 's defence really annoying, trust me, i test full dex vs full str first hour of this patch on my rogue

1 Like

I’m rolling the A3 R1 Appraiser build, and it’s fun as heck compared to R3/QS 3. You get Twin Arrows and Blindside, both able to nuke bosses if you can get a high enough crit rate.

I was testing SR for the first time after the reset, before that i used to have a fletcher/mergen.
Im loving SR right now but high ping really hurts my gameplay and its sucks. (Silute server)
DG 170 average 18-20min 330k, DG 140 average 8-10min 250k per run.
I already tested full dex, 2:1 dex and saw no difference on speed between those two.
Currently im using Isbality+8, Manamana+10 (Lv7Green gem because i already have a long time ago) and still full potencial, 2x Sissel, Ellganos 10, Glass Mole 10, Werewolf 10, Hats with crit atack, virtov leather swith with cafrisun and wind runner, Agny switch with Max peta.
My limacon was on lv70, with full dex crit was 10~11k 2:1 dex:str crit was 11~13k.
Before I had Gladiator and change to Sissel, damage increase a little bit.
If someone have any suggestion let me now.

@core.harchi either HG weapon if you’re planning to farm Regard Horn Crossbow in the future or Silver Hawk if you’re like “I’m never gonna farm an orange weapon not even when IMC adds the material shop and not even buying materials from people” (there’s actually more reasons to get 1-Practonium weapon but honestly depends on too many things, alts you have, time to farm and even luck).

@sailmail9 I’m not really a person for building guides that goes covering each of the simplest details >.<

I’m using this skill tree:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#314441aaa.1a244a5165.1f314f546575.2a3f4f75

I might change it in the future or not.

The person added the note “Under Construction. Everything in the guide part is invalid for now” as his guide is outdated, don’t follow it for now.

I’ll try to add some things I can kind of predict but the numbers I’m using below are damage while having my physical attack values:

Archer C2 stuff:

1. Some people might say for you to invest on Oblique Shot because it has good scaling. It is a valid argument but I don’t want to do it. My Oblique Shot is on the lowest level possible (1) with the lowest damage possible (0% attr) to currently use it against R7X in PvP (hits 2 targets).

2. What about Multishot? Multishot damage is questionable but remember: it’s cheap to get 100% enhance attribute and it has +25% Critical Chance from attributes so you’re most likely getting criticals. Aside from being low damage my multishot hits for around 10-11k per crit for 10 hits, it does have some few use cases.

3. What about Full Draw? Aside from high % I don’t see too many use cases for full draw as DPS skill and more like an utility (push monster into another for linking them) and knockback.

4. What about Heavy Shot? Numbers. At Lv.5 = 288%, it get around 400%+ with the attribute and has +50% damage against plate. I get 60-100k (100k with glass mole) crits with it, 5 overheat.

SR stuff:
5) Concentrated Fire and Wild Shot = 0, why? AoE Attack Ratio and low%. Higher Caracole will do greater damage and hits more targets by default.

1. Evasive Action = 0, why? Actually I’m still asking why this skill should get any points at all.

2. Caracole is the goddess blessed skill? No. High cooldown, after-cast delay [loses glass mole time, it should be the last skill on glass mole combo rotation, usually], not so easy to aim, require good grouping etc. But it’s the highest burst damage output we have for now.

@dragonfeian yes, archers can be slower with controllers, it was known that using mouse is faster for Attack Speed with QS 3 classes. It’s not that I’m good or you are bad with it.

It’s just a matter of choice: Optimal auto attack speed or staying with comfy controller and have enough attack speed. I’m lazy, I go with controller in this case. I don’t agree on the “mechanic” (bug?) of mouse being faster so I just hope it’s fixed in the future.

I also wish IMC fixed the targeting system for controller/keyboard modes and also allowed us to aim skills with mouse even outside mouse mode. This is another thing I simply hope.

@andrade_k25 I openly dislike Appraiser variants. They can be good but you must understand the reason you’re picking it.

Why are you picking Appraiser? Cheap Critical Chance or because you have something else that you plan to use with Appraiser?

Ranger C3 skills are amazing IMO, Bounce Shot does great damage (wtb gem, jk) and Spiral Arrow does decent damage with attribute for critical hits. Barrage also gets a small upgrade.

While Blindside works as an alternative Spiral Arrow (not sure if better or not, some people say it is better) there’s no AoE alternative. But in the other hand you have buffs and debuffs.

Now let’s talk about bossing (competitive World Bosses) as SR: No magic circles, not multiple sources of damage (traps, magic circles, dot), knockbacks, no pain barrier, no 555k skills, no attribute on Marching Fire. I’m not saying that it’s bad for bossing but good luck. Blindside will most likely help your allies and other parties more than yourself whom is sacrificing Ranger C3’s AoE for the greater good.

Normal Saalus/Mission/Dungeon/etc bossing: Glass Mole -> Barrage x3, Spiral Arrow x2, Bounce Shot x2, Caracole = boss killed, sometimes even on the first 3 barrages or spiral arrows.

@danny.lemay the skill tree is already in this post.

Stats ratio on lower levels… honestly, I didn’t think of it but you won’t have 100% uptime on Limacon until SR C3 so you don’t really need high dex early on. Let’s say you want to have 180-200 Dex in future like I did, calculate all the gear you pretend to obtain and see how much Dex you will gain with them, the number of stats point you will have and the total STR you will invest, then add STR first and DEX later IMO, there might be better paths though.

I didn’t pick any CON and don’t feel it’s needed unless you have no gear.

I already talked about Ranger 3 x Appraiser but let’s talk about Archer 2 x Appraiser.

Why do I take Archer C2? Heavy Shot (first reason) and +150 critical rate (second reason). I honestly wouldn’t mind not having cheap anvil and debuff/buffs as well wouldn’t mind trading Blindside for Heavy Shot, plus you even get extra buffs, right?

So, let me ask, where would you use those buffs and debuffs? Mostly bosses, right? While doing and trying to get better for bossing I don’t like building a SR for bossing (I just talked about it a bit before).

So, why did I pick Archer C2? Raw Critical Rate on AoE/random monsters appearing on screen or spawning, without depending on cooldowns.

@unkownzwol what’s your ping on Silute? I’m playing with 150-200ms and it’s really fine for me.

As others already said here, there’s no point in going STR:DEX ratios, you just get 200 tota DEXO (less invested if you pretend to use DEX gear) and put the rest on STR.

Higher STR with 200 total DEX should pull the minimum time you can get with current damage on dungeons. To reduce it more you need higher damage (better weapons, better attributes, better skill rotaiton [you have more stuff than Limacon]) than stats change.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply :smile: It was very informative and helpful and I will adjust my build accordingly :blush:

former Hackapell here. tried out SR and so far, i love it. and the difference between a +4 and a +10 Manamana in terms of damage is very noticeable too.

i already got Limacon maxed out and Retreat Shot at level 14. Marching Fire maxed out too.

now for my question: i got Concentrated Fire at Level 6 and Wild Shot at Level 5. between the two, which is more worthy of bringing to at least level 10? planning to do another skill reset to smooth out my rotation.

EDIT. build is A2>R3>SR3

I know, i just was doing dg with limacon to see how long it takes with aa only.
Im playing with controller too.
Ping is very unstabble here, sometimes is fine like 80~150 but sometimes is 400~1k…
I will max retread shot too because my friends wants to try ET this week.
This caracter is most for farm so i just wanna have fun because previously my fletcher was just for WB.
I think i will try manamana to +15 or so, any suggestion on crossbow? Currently im on 280 and using isbality but im back on game two weeks ago and stoped on august of last year.

From my experience with Wild Shot and looking at the paper stats of Concentrated Fire, the answer is…don’t level either of them.

As Lunar said above, the damage is just too low and they have no AoE Ratio, so you can’t really justify the cast time/animation delay that they cause. You are better off putting points in Caracole to burst mobs, and using Limacon/Lower rank skills to kill single targets.

If you had to pick one though, I would pick Wild Shot. Higher damage, lower cast delay, and fewer skill points just make it seem like an overall better investment.

I just complete the appra quest and totally worth it, overstimate boost around 2k my non crit limacon hits, totally no regrets on dropping ranger 3. I think sr 3 it’s not a burst dmg, high dps class anymore, can’t compete against the flecther memerengs and meta falco, but it’s extremely efficient as farmer. It’s sad that isnt was used to be, you know the archer king, but i still love it. If u want an aa build with good aoes, sr it’s amazing.

hhhhhmmmmmmmm i really have mixed feelings on SR right now, though i have been testing him for a few days now.

my builds are:

A2R3SR3 - quite solid. probably meta. this crits the least from other builds i tested.
A2R2ROG1SR3 - high crits (btw i still have crit atk investment right now) at the cost of one class circle and a lot of werewolf cards (which is expensive, not to mention you will lose a lot from not using glass mole)
A2R2APP1SR3 - quite nice crits. also nice support for your teammates. This is my current build, though i might try A1R3APP1SR3, which has more damage skills, more steady aim, but less crit.

For stats i did 200 total dex, rest str (i reached 209 str at 330 with 38 extra pts), 0 con for now. My pet covers up for hp.

For skills: i’ll surely max limacon (15) and marching fire (5)
i currently ditched concentrated fire for wild shot, and been judging if retreat shot is still worth it (both retreat shot and marching fire feels nerfed in my POV, even if it crits… i had 800+ crit rate before update, but retreat shot attribute, even if at low %, might prove handy)
Caracole sounds good but needs many targets (?) I need more testing on this.
I kinda dislike concentrated fire, wild shot and caracole because of one reason: cast time. it’s ridiculously long. Before the update, cast time wasn’t a problem to me since i evade/dodge often, but now evasion is so ■■■■, and i think archers lost whatever archer-innate bonus they have (CMIIW) like more crit and more evasion.

Crit wise, around 844 crit rate is needed for 50% crit chance against a lv330 monster (correct my calculation if it is wrong). I got around 900+ crit from a simulation, however impractical it is (all weapon gems green), and costs high too

1 Like

so either Wild Shot or just dump the rest into Caracole then. gonna test it out later. thanks btw.

I did a rough basic test on my ASPD scaling with DEX based on my ping.

0.08 - 0.15 ping

336 dex
11s
30 hits
= 2.73 h/s

300 dex
11s
30 hits
= 2.73 h/s

250 dex
11s
30 hits
= 2.73 h/s

200 dex
12s
31 hits
= 2.58 h/s

150 dex
11s
28 hits
= 2.54 h/s

100 dex
13s
30 hits
= 2.31 h/s

Now I’m just waiting for today’s reset so I can know at which point between 200 and 250 DEX should I stop. It seems 200 might be optimal for me considering I don’t have proper gear yet (don’t have DEX bonus from any ATM except for 14 from Max Peta).

2 Likes

I’ve playing with my SR for the last 3 days with a controller. Strangely enough, when you use limacon the attack speed augment to a fine point and it becomes very enjoyable!

Btw, is there a way to set some option, like weapon swap on the controller in the same way as the rest function?

Something that might be worth noticing to all you SRs out there, kTOS just got a change to Limacon last week.

Was: +30% Damage at level 1, +100% damage at level 15
Now: +50% Damage at level 1, +190% damage at level 15

That makes Limacon as strong as Running Shot (minus the aspd buff) with level 20 attribute without Grand Cross, or 20% less damage at 100 Attribute if you do use a Grand Cross.

Of course, you can get a much better pistol than a DGC, so I expect Limacon will pull ahead regardless at higher gear levels. Not to mention the splash attribute…

You’re also not considering rs doesn’t have 100% up time, while limacon does it have.

Thanks a lot for all this SR info! ^^